Are There Tables And Chairs In Any Gurdwaras Outside Of Bc, Canada?

Guest _SinghSingh_

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz
kyoon?? chittar floor te nei lagdi??

actually bhangra paun vele budde babe di manji leh jo , onai manji uthe bhangra paee jana par gurdware ja ke latha bingea ho jande aa

chittaran de vich floor te beht ke mirchan v ina lokha de lag jandea

Guest Papi

Don't talk about old people, we are all young with able bodies so we can make fun of them now. But remember we are also going to grow old, it will happen sooner than you think!

I'm don't understand why people don't want to sit on the floor. It is actually beneficial for you. If sitting on the floor is tough on your body, if it causes pain, then it is indicative of physical issues in your body. For example, if your lower back starts hurting, it means you have a really weak core (abs, obliques, lower back, butt). If you can't get your knees down, flexibility issues. Once you find the problem, you are already half way there in finding a solution for it. You could improve your physical health so much just by sitting on the floor!

I have a bad back, had a back spasm which left me unable to walk for 2 days! On the 3rd day I attempted to walk by holding on to the wall. If I can sit on the floor, then any one can! Yes my back hurts after sitting for 1+ hour but if in my mid 20's I can't take the pain, then what are the chances that I will be able to sit in the future? Remember, this body is only getting older and weaker.

PS. Convenience is ruining our physical health!

Don't talk about old people, we are all young with able bodies so we can make fun of them now. But remember we are also going to grow old, it will happen sooner than you think!

I'm don't understand why people don't want to sit on the floor. It is actually beneficial for you. If sitting on the floor is tough on your body, if it causes pain, then it is indicative of physical issues in your body. For example, if your lower back starts hurting, it means you have a really weak core (abs, obliques, lower back, butt). If you can't get your knees down, flexibility issues. Once you find the problem, you are already half way there in finding a solution for it. You could improve your physical health so much just by sitting on the floor!

I have a bad back, had a back spasm which left me unable to walk for 2 days! On the 3rd day I attempted to walk by holding on to the wall. If I can sit on the floor, then any one can! Yes my back hurts after sitting for 1+ hour but if in my mid 20's I can't take the pain, then what are the chances that I will be able to sit in the future? Remember, this body is only getting older and weaker.

PS. Convenience is ruining our physical health!

personally i dont have a problem to sit on the floor, i just dont wish to be forced to do so by other people.

do you agree with chairs for the elderly or disabled?

Guest Papi
Yes, of course its okay for them.

But it should be made very clear that unless one has a physical ailment that is PREVENTING them from sitting on the floor, they should not sit on chairs. None of this "oh I have back problems so I avoid sitting on the floor" business. It must be stressed that there is a different between CAN'T and WON'T.

Guru Sahib's maryada must be upheld, particularly at places which we tout to be Guru's House!

koi nah rahnde rahnde, Geo di chittar floor te nei lagdi. bus. gal khatham.

oudi bimaari ya, sadi ta nei.

we will try to uphold our SIKHI REHIT. and we will allow geo to open his own gurwara where people will call him "the baba ji who took an avtar as a chair for the langar hall"

we will try to uphold our SIKHI REHIT. and we will allow geo to open his own gurwara where people will call him "the baba ji who took an avtar as a chair for the langar hall"

we already have our gurdwara, dont need your permission

But it should be made very clear that unless one has a physical ailment that is PREVENTING them from sitting on the floor, they should not sit on chairs. None of this "oh I have back problems so I avoid sitting on the floor" business. It must be stressed that there is a different between CAN'T and WON'T.

Guru Sahib's maryada must be upheld, particularly at places which we tout to be Guru's House!

how do you decide? should they bring a medical certificate or a birth certificate? very hard to administer this and i think could bring about inequality and bad feelings.

we already have our gurdwara, dont need your permission

how do you decide? should they bring a medical certificate or a birth certificate? very hard to administer this and i think could bring about inequality and bad feelings.

dont need my premission. oh and i c u used the workds "OUR gurdwara"

hahaha, trust it to be your gurdwara.

u dont even c etiqet in d langar sahib.

Guest Papi

No one should decide for anyone, one must judge for themselves. But always remember, Guru Sahib knows what in your heart.

If it really bothers someone that a person looks physically able and strong and is sitting on a chair; then one could POLITELY ask why they are not sitting on the floor to satisfy their curiosity. Although I do not think asking is a good idea, especially for younger folks.

• 6 years later...

GEO

You lose credibility and raise doubt about your sincerity and purpose when you make an outrageous comment about how you will refer to Guru Granth Sahib ji.

With respect to chairs in langar you seem to suggest ‘do what is practical and efficient’? The true answer to your query lies in doing some reading up on langar. Understand things such as who was obliged to partake in langar and where they normally sat.

However, let’s pretend we don’t understand that …..Warm up with the first four scenarios and then reply to the last two if it helps you.

1. Geo where there are public toilets and the mens (assume you are a man) is occupied, you can wait, but do you proceed to use the womens toilet (assume it is private)? That would be the most efficient use for all involved, god would not be offended and everyone uses all toilets within a home. Common sense?

2. Assume you are in classroom or in a business meeting. It is a hot day and there is no a/c. Would you proceed to take your shirt off? That would not offend god. Common sense?

3. Assume you are a city planner responsible for parks and green space in your city. You put a number of walking trails in, would you put a safely divided driving lane in the park adjacent to each walking trail? God would not be offended and cars are much cheaper and plentiful now. Common sense?

4. Geo assume traffic was blocked and it happens the sidewalk is completely clear with enough room to clear up the congestion. Would you start driving on the sidewalk to help clear the congestion? It would not offend god. Common sense?

5. You and your sister are getting older and having difficulty finding suitable mates. You get along well and know and trust each other. Do you need a reason not to marry your sister?

6. You walk into a fine dining establishment and there are tables and chairs everywhere. Your young children wish to spread out on the floor and play before dinner arrives. They won’t be getting in anyone’s way. Surely god would not be offended by children playing on the floor. At home the children sit on the floor to play. Do you permit them to spread out on the restaurant floor? Common sense?

In each of the above examples, common sense is dictated by some aspect of social order or social convention. The power of a proper langar on the floor is the beauty of social convention that shouts out against insanity of social convention.

You speak of progress. However you erroneously limit the term to technological/design progress. Human progress is progress of the spirit; not the latest transport, furniture or electrical device. Read up on langar and you will realize that sitting on the floor is the epitome of human progress and enrichment of the human spirit.

Wowwww A great logical reply, full of wit