Music

jessicarox

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Here is some things that are manmat: Sex, drugs, drinking, smoking, caste, womanizing..

If one is listening to music with such things, does this not effect your mind? everything you do/listen to/say/see effects your soul even if you dont know it.

If you listen to music with manmat or do sangat of manmukhs, it will effect you. Thats why bani says over and over again do sadhsangat true sagant of gursikhs.

Thus, most music is ruled out, maybe not classical, i have yet to hear a rap song, punjabi music or rock music that does not have any of the above mentioned manmat activities in it.

So why risk it? there soooo many beautiful keertan styles, and im sure someone will find something, keertan.net had a TON of different styles, but its all gone now :D hopefully they will put it back up..

keertan/bani is the best thing to listen to.. most gursikhs dont listen to any music other than bani, why would they want to? I think that should be everyones aim to get closer to sikhi and gurusahib by listening to keertan which will effect ur soul, even if you dont know it...

once you start doing good naam abhyaas and bani, you will eventually not want to listen to anything else..

rest guru sahib knows..

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SikhForLife

i feel so ashamed..

i listen to music.. rock.. to be perticular.. its got a lot of bad things in it.. but i try to not follow em.. but i know in the back of my head it has a psycological effect

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

aww veer jee, soon dont worry... I think you should work towards amrit, from all your posts i have read, you are really really thirsting for amrit and naam abhyaas power.. you should do it as soon as possible, who knows how long we have left on this earth..

I know this is off topic but.. i know of this singhnee that is abhyaasi, and she met this gora that learned about sikhi and was thisrting for amrit, and he wanted it really bad.. she told him to take it that weekend, she said who knows how long we have left ont his earth.. and she knew.. he didnt take it he decided to hold off till next samagam, the man died the next day (she tried to warn him)

I am not saying I know anything lol!! i am not abhyaasi, but i am saying you truly do not know, and you should try to take amrit as soon as possible, i know there is an amrit sanchaar smaagam in toronto coming up this weekend...

thanks for the link mkhalsa. they did this special all night thing at a gurdwara here but i didn't stay more than two hours and now i really regret it. my mom and grandma stayed all night. they were doing keertan the whole time and the shabad's were displayed on a big screen with translations. oh and this waheguroo network had something to do with the translations because i saw this logo on the computer they were using. now i have to wait till next year.

sikhforlife, yea i feel ashamed of some rap i listen to but i dont take it the wrong way and some stuff they say may mean something else but i make a better meaning out of it. For example, "i get high" i think of it as just feeling energized or something.

Jessica see if u can download these files, try to download the first one. The Singh sahib who sings the shabads Does the katha and everything in English in both of the Mp3's. He encourages children to sing as well, in the shabads.

Sri Guru Singh Sabha Youth Wing - Singapore

Samelan 2001 Jou Tuo Prem Khellan Ka Chao - 58.8 MB

Samelan 2002 Satgur Aayoh Sharan Tuharee - 34.1 MB

These Mp3 Files contain Kirtan done by Young Children and a Singh ji. During the Kirtan Bhai sahib tell the Children of Sikh History and ask questtions.

Jessica see if u can download these files, try to download the first one. The Singh sahib who sings the shabads Does the katha and everything in English in both of the Mp3's. He encourages children to sing as well, in the shabads.

Sri Guru Singh Sabha Youth Wing - Singapore

Samelan 2001 Jou Tuo Prem Khellan Ka Chao - 58.8 MB

Samelan 2002 Satgur Aayoh Sharan Tuharee - 34.1 MB

These Mp3 Files contain Kirtan done by Young Children and a Singh ji. During the Kirtan Bhai sahib tell the Children of Sikh History and ask questtions.

amardeep, that wasn't english :D

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

jessicarox bhenji, I beleive that you are talking about the vancouver 2003 akhand keertan rainsbaee.. that was amazing!!! I was there as well, I was wearing the blue and white damalla..

The waheguroo! network guys were doing a live broadcast of the samagam to keertan.net, and they were putting live translations on the web site so people could see it.

You really should have stayed, that rainsbaee was sooo amazinggg!!!