13th Annual Gurmat Camp !

:pray:

Taakhur Thuj Bin Beea Na Hor ... WaaheGuroo Jee!!

:pray:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gurfathe!

Do you have to apply before hand to attend this camp or can you just register in the morning?

Also does it cost?

Also what's the new years programme at the gurdwara :) ??

Gurfathe ji

The camp is FREE everything is paid for via local Gursikhs daswand

The New Years program will start at 4pm with SUkhmani shaib Paat , reharass and then kirtan till midnight

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• Yeah brother! Punjab has a base for industry that needs to be grown, modernized, and supported by Punjabis themselves. The vision should be, we need this and that tool....lets make it! We need this or that farm machine....lets make it! We need this or that parts...lets make them here! You already have towns like Mandi Gobindgarh and Bassi Pathana with strong industrial metal working and parts manufacturing, and cities like Ludhiana. What's missing is a sense of hope, a will to make it happen, a vision of success..yadda yadda yadda.
    • Creating a network across punjab of these village cooperatives would help us farm crops we can market to our state first and foremost, and then look at national and international market conditions to see what could be grown for particular time frames. Sharing Punjab wide data it's possible to create non-binding agreements of zones for growing certain crops. This prevents exploitation of our resources and prevents glut. If we continue to blindly grow rice and wheat when India has a surplus, then you know what is eventually going to happen. Never a good idea to have all your eggs in a two crop system, especially a system that has depleted the ground water to a depth that will not replenish, and what water is in the ground is unfit for drinking, hence the malwa cancer epidemic.
    • Addding on to what I said earlier, transitioning out of agriculture isn’t going to shut down agriculture. You can manage the same level of farming in Punjab with 1/100 the current number of people directly engaged in it, especially with modern technology. Villages can create cooperative farming lease agreements and continue ownership while living in the city. I know my farming community, there is no way in hell they will part with their ancestral land. Keeping ownership and as a partial income source without actually farming it will be the best-case scenario. I’m unsure what the average acreage of a Punjab village is, my guess would be around 500 acres. But imagine having farming scale at this level. It would be much easier to diversify, cut down on input costs, build storage facilities so they aren’t dependent on mandis, and even direct marketing.
    • Plenty Punjabis doing well in non-farming fields in UK   https://www.instagram.com/punjabi_builder_in_england/?hl=en   https://concretesingh.com/  
    • With all the experience in farming and that in runs in the blood in Punjabis, plus Punjabis are generally fairly literate (compared to some in other countries in Africa, Asia and S America), they should be doing better in farming. There's even Punjab Agricultural University  https://www.pau.edu/  

Important Information

Terms of Use