Lets Start A Sikh Mission

kuthaman

The message of the Sikh faith is unrivaled by any other religion. Everybody does besides us and I am sure we have a lot to offer to the world. I think we could begin our side of Punjab or anywhere there seems to be some need. Well lets see what you all think and before you reply keep in mind there used to be Sikh missions all the way from Kabul, Afghanistan all the way down to Dhaka, Bangladesh. Our beloved Gurus traveled South Asia to spread the naam and now we have the world because Sikhs are seriously everywhere. Our community should flourish rather than just try to maintain identity in the Diaspora. Lets see what everyone says.

kuthaman.

The message of the Sikh faith is unrivaled by any other religion. Everybody does besides us and I am sure we have a lot to offer to the world. I think we could begin our side of Punjab or anywhere there seems to be some need. Well lets see what you all think and before you reply keep in mind there used to be Sikh missions all the way from Kabul, Afghanistan all the way down to Dhaka, Bangladesh. Our beloved Gurus traveled South Asia to spread the naam and now we have the world because Sikhs are seriously everywhere. Our community should flourish rather than just try to maintain identity in the Diaspora. Lets see what everyone says.

kuthaman.

Agree more than 100%. You took the words out of my mouth.. lol

No but really, we need to spread Sikhi tho

Sikhi isn't a missionary way of life. Guru Ji has done apar kirpa on us all and will continue to do so. The way to "spread the message" is to be perfect in our our jeevans, then God's light will shine through

I totally agree with you but we need to take a more proactive approach in spreading Sikhi. We live in a modern world why not expose are neighbors and others we come in contact with to Sikhi. Its a common misconception that Sikhism is not a missionary religion. We have had missionaries since the beginning of the panth. One of the first is Bhai Gurdas Ji and the 19th century Singh Sabha Movement all were missionary. They spread the faith to any one that was a seeker of truth.

ohh prava ja sofay teh beh ja keh.....Why dont you first bring sikhi to those who left sikhi in the first place? like kids these days who were born in sikh families but are cutting hair and smoking and akaal knows what else they do....so forget about preaching it o your gawandi instead preach to your brothers and sisters like me....start off with me.

Sikhi isn't a missionary way of life. Guru Ji has done apar kirpa on us all and will continue to do so. The way to "spread the message" is to be perfect in our our jeevans, then God's light will shine through

I totally agree with you but we need to take a more proactive approach in spreading Sikhi. We live in a modern world why not expose are neighbors and others we come in contact with to Sikhi. Its a common misconception that Sikhism is not a missionary religion. We have had missionaries since the beginning of the panth. One of the first is Bhai Gurdas Ji and the 19th century Singh Sabha Movement all were missionary. They spread the faith to any one that was a seeker of truth.

ohh prava ja sofay teh beh ja keh.....Why dont you first bring sikhi to those who left sikhi in the first place? like kids these days who were born in sikh families but are cutting hair and smoking and akaal knows what else they do....so forget about preaching it o your gawandi instead preach to your brothers and sisters like me....start off with me.

I totally agree but one thing you have to realize the missionary system functions to approach everybody. Sikh or NonSikh. sikhs that have lost there path need something they can honestly relate with. Gurdwara politics alienated me personally for years. I will be dead honest I lost faith for a long time in the community, but through the grace of the true guru I came back a 1000x stronger. These people who think Sikhi is just going to gurdwara or just being born sikh are dead wrong. Sikhi emphasizes the role of personal experience of religion and these cursed politics comprimise that aspect and people lose that connection with God. If my friends and I are Sikh it is a personal choice that we made by ourselves. The Sikh Missionary system is something to fill the void that slowly takes people away from Sikhi. Letme say this much people who convert to a religion are the most passionate about it. Just look at the 3HO Movement. Converts will make a lot of these apostates think twice before they discard there identity. They will realize that they are throwing away something that a million other people thirst for. A organized panth is nesscary at this point at time if we are to make the Sikh faith flourish. If you want to bring yourself back into the faith just read and make sure your educated about your history. Dont expect much for gurdwaras either because they themselves dont know much. We have a library at the local gurdwara here and Ive been to the Gurdwara like 5 times these past two months and they always tell us come back later. I got so fed up with there indesicisve behavior I started building my own book collection. Learn about the faith with passion and apply the teachings to life and you will be unstoppable with what ever you do.

kuthaman