Gurdwara Pardhaans

chatanga

during a fone conversation with sum1 from the sikh forum int. about alcohol at their events, i was asked by the sikh forum rep " are you aware how many guru-ghar pardhaans take alocohol?" ( he tried this ploy to throw me off.)

this question, i wish to address to cyber sangat. do you know of any such cases?

and if so, should we be looking at any action? ie name and shame?

well the answer is yes I know a gurdwara pardhan who drinks and eats meat

that is the pardhan of our lankerhism gurdwara

there was a fundraiser for the gurdwara held and at the fundraiser they were giving out sharab and I saw the pardhan himself gulping down some drinks funny thing is hes not even amritdhari and he is a gurdwara pardhan !!!

So there are 2 Gurdware near my area

1 - Ramgaria Gurdwara (Im stil on there case to change the name!) The pardan is Amritdhaari and has been since 5 years old. And he has such an amazing beautiful Dhaara just like Bhai Roop Singh! But now he ties up his dhaari, comes to the Gurdwara in a suit, and says stuff like there no need 4 Amritdhaaris 2 b humble and so on so on. He also arranged the "medway mela". When i asked why he done this he said "The youth arent interested in Naam Simran".

2 - Singh Sabha - Out of all the 20 members, theres 2 Keshdaari! The pardaan isnt Amritdhaari, and ties up his beard, always wearing gold jewlry e.g. gold Kara, gold Khanda and so on. He used to be radhaswami but "converted" but still dos some of their rituals.

the ramgharia gurdwara in leeds pardhan. i remember going there with other singhs. there was a wedding party going on were they serve meat and alcohol. the pardhan and few of his comitee boys were actually in the main gurdwara building and they were all drunk. this is the tip of the iceberg. I remember when R4G campagn was doing there thing trying to stop this kind of thing from happening. but what happend? the same as usual. they got slated for trying to stop this kind of thing from happening and the campaign now is virtualy non existant. problem is sikhs who dont practise sikhi and dont really dont wish to practise either think they have a right to an opinion when it comes to sikh affairs.

problem is sikhs who dont practise sikhi and dont really dont wish to practise either think they have a right to an opinion when it comes to sikh affairs.

Exactly veer ji!!! Hit the nail right on the head!! My "dad" is in the Gurdwara comittee and trust me all they do at Gurdwara meetings is fight and joke about Sikhi. What i mean by this is that him and all his mona and trim Singh friends make fun of Rehat and think Sikhi and keeping Kesh is a joke!! I remember one time sum stoopid guy said "i mite keep my dhaari, but then ill have to give up drinkin" and everyone in the room laughed. Stoopid people. My dad invites the comittee here for "gatherings" and other random friends of his and u'd expect Gurdwara comittee members to start off with Ardass and stuff, but it was a party, lots and lots of meat and beer and then they go around acting like they are actually Sikhs themselves!!! They talk bout Sikhi when they are drunk and they just say the stupidest things. Even towards BrahmGyianis such as Sant Jarnail Singh Ji etc. I hope these people get whats coming to them!

And OMG!! i went to my uncles house yday and they just couldnt stop slandering the Kirtanye we had at the Gurdwara for new years! He was doing sum mad akj Kirtan at 12 o clock and he was doing Simran at 12 exactly and everyone was giving him weird looks, then at 12:05 sum mona comittee member done a Jakara with another microphone. Everyone was slandering him tht he shuld have done "Deh Shiva Bar" at 12 and they were talking bad about him and sayin they goin 2 complain and make sure he doesnt do Kirtan at 12 again, and to next time get a "better Gyani". my uncle is a trim singh and at the time was very very drunk.

Sorry for the long post but i needed to let it all out!

Bottom line, i think only Rehatdhaaris and Amritdhaaris should control Gurdware, and they should make the most important decisions. Not these fake mone trim Singhs who dont even give a damn bout Sikhi!