Is This Normal ?

Guest :S

I don't know but whenever i'm praying, holding a gutka i always find myself rocking back and forth. It's not even forced it naturally happens. So when i realise i stop rocking and continue to pray but find myself rocking again.

Is this normal or is there something wrong with me? :6 :S

Pheena will be able to help you on this one. I hope he drops by.

it's a good thing. it means, energy is moving in your form -- and is releasing on its way out and through your system.

it's not uncommon for the physical body to do all kinds of interesting things during the course of a meditation; twitching, rocking, cycling around, weaving from side to side, shaking, bowing down...

it's all good.

If it helps you connect with the Supreme...Go ahead do it!

I was just reading another article about this. It said that many sufi mystics used to sway while remembering Almighty.

Here take a look: Swaying During Meditation

For what I've picked up from this article is that...The swaying of your body happens because your heart connects with the Lord himself. You enjoy doing Nitnem. You enjoy praising him. In other words, you are a blessed soul.

You know how music makes your body sway? It happens because you enjoy the music, right? Well, same thing with you. Your body sways when you do Nitnem because you enjoy it. :)

This Pauree is for beautiful souls like yourself:

ਪਉੜੀ

pourree ||

Pauree:

ਜਿਨ ਕੈ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਸਿਆ ਸਦ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੋ ਤਿਨ ਕੰਉ ਰਖਣਹਾਰਾ

jin kai har naam vasiaa sadh hiradhai har naamo thin kano rakhanehaaraa ||

Those whose hearts are forever filled with the Name of the Lord, have the Name of the Lord as their Protector.

4 Vadhans Guru Amar Das

ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਿਤਾ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੋ ਮਾਤਾ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਖਾਈ ਮਿਤ੍ਰੁ ਹਮਾਰਾ

har naam pithaa har naamo maathaa har naam sakhaaee mithra hamaaraa ||

The Lord's Name is my father, the Lord's Name is my mother; the Lord's Name is my helper and friend.

5 Vadhans Guru Amar Das

ਹਰਿ ਨਾਵੈ ਨਾਲਿ ਗਲਾ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਵੈ ਨਾਲਿ ਮਸਲਤਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਹਮਾਰੀ ਕਰਦਾ ਨਿਤ ਸਾਰਾ

har naavai naal galaa har naavai naal masalath har naam hamaaree karadhaa nith saaraa ||

My conversation is with the Lord's Name, and my counseling is with the Lord's Name; the Lord's Name always takes care of me.

5 Vadhans Guru Amar Das

ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਹਮਾਰੀ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਅਤਿ ਪਿਆਰੀ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਕੁਲੁ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਰਵਾਰਾ

har naam hamaaree sangath ath piaaree har naam kul har naam paravaaraa ||

The Lord's Name is my most beloved society, the Lord's Name is my ancestry, and the Lord's Name is my family.

6 Vadhans Guru Amar Das

ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਕੰਉ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਹਰਿ ਗੁਰਿ ਦੀਆ ਹਰਿ ਹਲਤਿ ਪਲਤਿ ਸਦਾ ਕਰੇ ਨਿਸਤਾਰਾ ੧੫

jan naanak kano har naam har gur dheeaa har halath palath sadhaa karae nisathaaraa ||15||

The Guru, the Lord Incarnate, has bestowed upon servant Nanak the Name of the Lord; in this world, and in the next, the Lord ever saves me. ||15||

7 Vadhans Guru Amar Das

waheguru waheguru.....same things use to happen wit me..... its jus strtin.. jus concentrate on ur naam kamai.... dont expext nethin frm guru j, may b somethin more strange happens wit u...lol... as dis is jus first step of ladder for gursikh :D

Guest gupttt

waheguruuu

slam javab dovae kare mundo kutha jaye

nanak dovai kuriya thaye na kai paye...

gurmukh laha le gaye manmukh chale muul gavaye jio...

naam amolak gurmukh pavai

namo seve naam sehaj samavai

amrit naam rasna nit gavai

JIS NO KIRPA KARE SO HAR RAS PAVAI....