Alert! Slander Of Dasam Bani And Taksal!

valli singh

@ dara singh ji

Prof Darshan Singh has been excommunicated from Takht Sri Patna Sahib. There is a Hukamnama where Prof Darshan Singh is made Tankhaya

No other body apart from the Akal Takht has the authority to excommunicate? Is that not correct? My understanding is that the Akal Takht is the supreme body and all other takhts are subsidiary bodies? Please correct me if im wrong.

My understanding is that the procedure for excommunication is as follows:-

Firstly notice must be given to the accused to provide explaination of his/her actions. Secondly the accused has the oppurtunity to appear before the Akal Takht to explain his/her actions or send a written explaination if it is not possible to attend in person. Did the supreme authority (The Akal Takht) authorise Takht Sri Patna Sahib to excommunicate Prof Darshan Singh? Did the Akal Takht not follow up the actions of Takht Sri Patna Sahib?

Guru Har Gobind Sahib Ji formed the Akal Takht in 1609 with the help of Baba Buddha Ji and Bhai Gurdass Ji - all the other Takhts are very respected histrorical places but they dont have the same authority of the Akal Takht.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dara Singh,

Dont just copy paste the views of Darshan Ragi, Kala Afghana and other missionaries here. Never in history Sri Dasam Granth was called by the name Bachittar Natak! This is another misinformation propagated by uneducated missionaries.

First find out what is the difference between Bachittar Natak and Sri Dasam Granth.

You would obviously not call gurbani as literature unless you have some kind of a malice intent.

Khalsaland,

Firstly, no sikh can ever think of having any malice intent towards the Gurbani! To clarify please read my above comment which simply asked the question since when the literature of the dasam granth was called Sri Guru Dasam Granth Sahib ji. If the dasam granth is the writing of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji - surely this is literature because its in a written format? Please dont divert the questions I am posing by simply accusing me of any malice intent!

Why dont you tell me the difference between the Bachitar Natak and the Dasam Granth? I thought i was one and the same?

As for you saying that I am just copying and pasting the views of Darshan Ragi and Kala Afghana - this is not the case. I am in the process of learning and therefore posing very simple questions.

http://www.patshahi10.org/index.php?option...s&Itemid=74

Bachitar natak is one bani within Sri Dasam Granth Sahib. It is historically debatable whether this one bani included the now proceeding banis (i.e. 24 Avtar) in the early version - but that is another topic (the Bhai Mani Singh Ji Bir with Bachitar Natak and 10th Masters writing may solve thi question).

http://www.patshahi10.org/index.php?option...;layout=default

Here, read. Then discuss/comment.

Do you also refer o Ad Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj as literature also, as that materially fits your defintion also....?