Hate And Deception

HSD*^

I came across this forum earlier:

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/sikh

On it a number of muslims preach hate and also trick sikhs into believing a number of things concerning the sgpc and islam. I think everyone should take note of what they say and how they put the twisted points across. Including the fact many say they preach tolerance and peace, only to put sikhism down in comparison to islam. If any of you decide that you actually want to prove them wrong, i'll warn you that they post quotes from gurbani and will use a number of methods to try and make you look ignorant of sikhi.

I came across this forum earlier:

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/sikh

On it a number of muslims preach hate and also trick sikhs into believing a number of things concerning the sgpc and islam. I think everyone should take note of what they say and how they put the twisted points across. Including the fact many say they preach tolerance and peace, only to put sikhism down in comparison to islam. If any of you decide that you actually want to prove them wrong, i'll warn you that they post quotes from gurbani and will use a number of methods to try and make you look ignorant of sikhi.

I appreciate your "concern". But your using a fine comb and scouring through meaningless forums and trying to provoke a response to otherwise ignored rubbish, rubbish thats being dished out by a very few mindless people that co-exist in EVERY faith, culture, following etc etc.

Now, if you used this concern of yours and replaced it to trying to focus on many other important things like the horrific mass slaughter in Gaza, i think your concern would go far, and it would be more in line with the religion you claim to follow.

Sikhism preaches not to hate anybody, and I think i've had just about enough of prejudice people out there, coming onto a website like this and fuelling there hate.

WE GET THE POINT, SOME MUSLIMS HATE SIKHS. BUT GUESS WHAT? IT ALSO WORKS THE OTHER WAY. ITS CALLED THE NATURE OF THE MINDLESS, AND REPRESENTS IGNORANCE.

Come on my friend, surely you can put this concern elsewhere and actually make a difference in todays world.

May peace be with you.

Ranj.

well 'concern' is a suitable word. many people would fall for the tricks and arguments used there. i'm not expecting all of sikh sangat to charge onto there and start spamming or arguing pointlessly. i just want to raise awareness of what is going on, and how some people can twist things or misinform others. many people on here live in a naive way, and that will only cause them problems in the future.

as for gaza, what can i do? i pray for them and for their security, but there is nothing else i can do. its not as if there is an international sikh NGO that i could volunteer for. sikhs dont even have a country were our beliefs are taken seriously, so how could we convince/pressure the israeli govt to stop?

like i said, i dont want to preach hate or start religous confrontations but if someone does hate you or have bad intentions, its best that you are aware of it. and dont end up being hurt by them.

i've seen young sikhs get convinced of the stupidest things by people with bad intentions. when you show them they are wrong they cling to whatever they were told by people who wanted to mess with their heads. thats why i fear that forums/sites like that will cause problems for other sikhs who are impressionable or too stupid to know the truth about their faith.