Back From Gurmukhi Space Travels (1)

humkire

My new time machine travels started today(read the earlier post titled'' Gurujee Has Just Send Me A Delorean Time Travel Car'''. I have now landed in the year 1933, As i was travelling back in time ,i peeped out of my car and saw a luminous sky, studded with sparkling shining stars.Each of these were the great Sikh/Khalsa men and woman who have been the jewels of Sikhism . This reminded me ,as i was travelling, of the Gurbani verse''Bhinni rehnrieh,chamken tare, jageh sant jena mere Ram pyare''. This means the night air is juicy wet with dew, and stars sparkle on the canvas of the night sky, and these stars are like the saintly souls in love with God, the life of the universe, totally awake and radiant in the dark.

As i step out of my time machine, i check my watch . It is just before 2 a.m ,1933. Wow! I look out of the window and i can see not too far away, Harmandir Sahib! Wow! my time machine has brought me back to Amritsar! I am standing by Bhai Sahib Bhai Veer Singh's simple punjabi style bed in his bedroom .Bhai Sahib appears to be asleep like an innocent baby in mother's arms . (Bhai Sahib Bhai Veer Singh was one of Sikhism's most intelligent, poetical, scholarly, mystical luminaries,1872-1957). Bhai sahib's grandfather Baba Kahn Singh, who was born 80 years after Shri Guru Gobind Singh's Joti had been a convert to Sikhism.)

As i stand in reverent silence ,I can hear Bhai Sahib whispering Vaheguruu Vaheguuuu Vaheguruuuu softly in sleep,but i notice his forehead skin muscles pushing back and mouth opening as if he is seeing something very very surprising in a dream. Now, I am seeing Bhai Veer Singh, suddenly bolting up in bed! shivering away uncontrollably under his blanket! exclaiming rapidly and loudly Waheguru ,Waheguru ,Waheguru. O man! this 61 year old man, Bhai Veer Singh, is sitting up on his bed, crying with huge tears like a child. O Wow!!, he has just had a dream of Guru Gobind Singh ! He recollects the sounds in his dream of soul stirring heavenly melodies of raag bhimpalasi(1st cousin of raag dhanasree),a raaga known for pulling you deeper and deeper into your being, as it simultaneously like a circling cloud, rises higher and higher till it raptues suddenly into a cataclysmic eruption of joy! He recollects there had been an air of excited anticipation in this dream,accentuated by the rapidly looping 6 beats of dadra taal ,making his heart beat faster and faster .Then suddenly in a flash,Guru Gobind Singh in a blazing ,radiant light , flashed out of nothingness in this mind- blowing dream right before Bhai Veer Singh.!

Now ,as he recollects what happened next ,saying Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru ,i see him begin to wrap his blanket around his shivering body ,and erupt in a conversation with God. I hear him saying

''supne vich tusi mile asanu

asin dhaah galvakdi pai

nira noor tusi hath na aae

saadi kambdi rahi kalai''

i.e, ''O Lord,You met me in my dream,

I leapt up to embrace you

but You were pure lightning flash

so did not come into my hands

and i remained shivering and crying''

He continues his conversation...

''Dha cherna te sis nevaya,sadeh mtheh choh na paeee

tusi uche asii niveh sa,sadi pesh na gieya kai

phir larh pherneh nu oth dhoreh hae lreo bijli lehra

od da janda par oh aapnee ek choh sanu geya laee

i.e ,

As i prostated before you ,my Lord ,

my forehead could hardly touch your Feet

Because You O Lord were high ,and i was low ,

As i tried holding your garment ,you were lightning flashes

As you were going you left me with one glance and touch .'

Now i see Bhai Sahib going off for ishnan ,then nitnem and simran .Wow now ,its 4 a.m and i see him sitting down to start writing something .His room is full of teekas ,of books ,and i can see many books with his name as the author ,I see novels such as sundari ,bijay singh ,and satwant kaur wriiten by him relating to sikh psyche .

I see Sri Guru Nanak Chamatkar and Sri Guru Kalgidhar Chamatkar written by him . I also see a nearly completed copy of Sri Gur Pratap Suraj Granth being written by him .Now i see him picking up his book of poems .i see lots poems in it such as Banafsha ,Dil Tarang ,Tara Tupke ,Bijlian de haar .And now i see him write the morning dream out in those words ,and he names it Kambdi Kelai .At the bottom of the poem ,he specifically requests it to be sung in taal dadra and raag bhimpalasi .

But now ,i have to get back into my time machine and head back fast because i need to get back to 2009 again before its too late .My space and time travels will continue in my spare time and i will keep you all informed !

See you next time soon

khalsa army jeeeeoooo,

sikhi is not about calming down, or the opposite .

sikhi is about living thru Maharaj kirpa in that special xclusive zone

where you are in chardikela and sehaj avastha at the same time .

blissful sikh jeeoo.

you can call me veerji which means ''my darling brother''

but not babajee .baba in punjabee can mean a ripe old man of 80 ,or

some guy considered/considering himself holier than others.in sikhism we are all

children of Gurujee having love and fun amongst ourselves

wow....is all i can say...

those who have read anything written by bhai sahib bhai vir singh ji would have the thirst to meet such a great son of guru sahib, such a gurmukh who inspired those around him and continues to inspire through his writings now...

thank you humkire veerji for that beautiful image of bhai sahib and his surroundings...fortunate are those who got to do sangat with him in his lifetime...