How To Become A Giani

Kalsingh

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I am interested in becoming a giani. I just wanted some advice on how to become one please. Also, i heard from a fellow sikh once that there is now some sort of course you can do or have to do to become a giani. Is this true? I'm no longer in touch with the person who said this so i can't find out more.

Thanks

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

If you want to become a good gyani, you'll have to study at a traditional Taksal - either a branch of Damdami Taksal or with Nihang Singhs or Nirmale e.g. Nanaksar, Rarasahib etc. Studying at these places, you'll also be forced to wake up early and do simran, paath etc. So you get some Kamaayi and experience what Gurbani talks about. It could take years before they let you do parchaar.

If you want to take short-cuts, you can do the Sikh missionary courses from the comfort of your bedroom and call yourself a Gyani after a couple of years.

Hope this helps!

If you want to become a good gyani, you'll have to study at a traditional Taksal - either a branch of Damdami Taksal or with Nihang Singhs or Nirmale e.g. Nanaksar, Rarasahib etc. Studying at these places, you'll also be forced to wake up early and do simran, paath etc. So you get some Kamaayi and experience what Gurbani talks about. It could take years before they let you do parchaar.

If you want to take short-cuts, you can do the Sikh missionary courses from the comfort of your bedroom and call yourself a Gyani after a couple of years.

Hope this helps!

Wow. I see its more complicated than i thought. Lol. I don't even know punjabi yet. I'm born and bred in the UK and would do parchar here. It seems a bit too long now. I'm 24 already. Don't know what to do in life. Learning to become a giani seemed appealing.

Thanks though

I am interested in becoming a giani. I just wanted some advice on how to become one please. Also, i heard from a fellow sikh once that there is now some sort of course you can do or have to do to become a giani. Is this true? I'm no longer in touch with the person who said this so i can't find out more.

Thanks

ive just finished doing my degree in giani at manchester uni. it is a brill 3 year course that i suggest to anyone looking into a giani career. there are many career paths such as degh maker, paathi, tabla tuner, tabla player! and even tabla and vaja bag carrier!!

Thanks

ive just finished doing my degree in giani at manchester uni. it is a brill 3 year course that i suggest to anyone looking into a giani career. there are many career paths such as degh maker, paathi, tabla tuner, tabla player! and even tabla and vaja bag carrier!!

LOL

What abt first taking santhea? Guru Maharaj will bless you with sewa and simran. Just start with nimarta...

To be a gianni doesn't mean to sit on the stage and tell them something nice abt sikhi.

A Giani could be also a wisdome guy who can help ppl like an doctor. Giaan just means knowledge. And choose one thing where you have knowledge abt and want to do sewa... and do it by heart... If you do it good ppl will automaticaly start calling you giani ji ;-)

Whatever you wish to do in life takes commitment and sacrifice of time. If your worried about spending time learning, then why are you even a Sikh? Obtaining knowledge through years of study should appeal to everyone, if the Gurus were such esteemed intellectuals, why should their Sikhs be content in being uneducated?

Whatever you wish to do in life takes commitment and sacrifice of time. If your worried about spending time learning, then why are you even a Sikh? Obtaining knowledge through years of study should appeal to everyone, if the Gurus were such esteemed intellectuals, why should their Sikhs be content in being uneducated?

The source of knowledge, The source of each and every thought, the source of each and every cell on this planet is already within you.

Realise the inner being and then you shall automatically recieve brahm gian from the supreme soul inside you.

Where did guru's get all knowledge from? Actually, i am sorry for calling that knowledge. That was guru ji wisdom. for us, its only knowledge, until we actually put what sggs ji tells us into practice.

what good is knowledge if used not for any good? Knowledge is a curse if you become egostic about it and show off and think you're better than others.

Gurbani says, the one who does not do what he preaches shall be reincarnated over and over again.

Sikh of the guru says to the guru, o my guru, you're my beloved protector, you've given me so much, you've blessed me with this precious human life in this kaljug. please bless me so i can save myself and save my other fellow brother and sisters as well.

to the humble soul, when god is satisfied with his bhagat, bestows permanent mercy upon him and unites with him. that is the our goal of this life.

Hope this helps!

100% :goodpost: