Miss Pooja - Boycott?

+Singh_is_King+

Clearly it is just solidifying an existing stereotype that attractive girls do not want to marry Singhs. Would you feel comfortable dancing to this song at a wedding (assuming you wear a turban)?

All I know is that in Punjabi culture, dastaar is given the utmost of respect, and people shy away from demeaning it, even if there is a moralistic message.

Only one error here.

"miss pooja" is not attractive... LOL

Pindus Unite! Our time has finally come! lol

if I was born in a village in the US, am a gora...

can i still be a pindu and sing along to "mera pind"? :p

lol of course you can :lol: .

AWESOME.

I actually saw the ebginning of Mera Pind... the movie... and it wasnt all that good, imo. the 90s are much better.

Singh is King and other brothers.

I am a pindu too, you guys are taking me too literally!!

Seriously though, I saw what was happening in the post 1984 era. It still effects me and prior to that I was a proud Indian but since then I have never felt comfortable with the label and do not use it.

I understand what you guys are saying and it is right that we stand united, but we can't put all of that stuff on this young girl's head. That would be paap in itself.

We should count ourselves as blessed that we were born into mainstream Sikhi, because it is only by "the grace of God" that we weren't born into a Nirankari (or any other devient groups) family. If we were, maybe we would have confused beliefs from our parents ourselves. She is just following her family. So lets not hate her.

I believe the true Khalsa will one day win everyone's heart over. It is only because of corruption and fakeness within the panth that groups like this exist. Never forget that.

• 2 years later...