Amritdharis Plucking Their Eyebrows

Jallebi

Recently my wife and I were discussing Sikhi and she said that she has noticed young Amritdhari girls and adult women are doing Kesha Di Beadbi. Sadly I have seen not one, not two but quite a few Amritdhari girls with make-up that stands out and eyebrows plucked which I believe look more odd than natural eyebrows, even if they are large!

I feel very demoralized at seeing this. Having a young daughter I wish her to see positive role models and get inspiration from young Amritdhari girls. Contrary to that I have found that I don't want my young girl mixing with such Amritdhari girls because it gives wrong message.

This is an important issue and needs to be discussed and awareness needs to be increased!

The biggest Kesh beadbi issue I have seen is with Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha (GNSSJ). I've attended Nishkam Sewak Jatha programmes and had friends from the Jatha. I have noticed that majority of Bibia cut their eyebrows, wear no patka or keski, wear make-up, wear earrings, and keep their heads uncovered outside the Gurudwara and I seen elder ladies associated to Nishkam Sewak Jatha dye their Kesh yet they are Amritdhari. My wife spoke to one girl who has taken Amrit from Soho Road and is part of the GNSSJ. The girl had cut eyebrows and my wife told her this is wrong. Rather than be apologetic she was very defensive and said that the 5 Ks have to be adapted according to modern times and that if you don't adapt the 5 Ks then you cannot live or do well in the modern world, in particular getting a good city job. Don't the Punj Pyare at Soho Road Gurudwara tell Bibia not to cut, trim, pluck or dye their Kesh??

Less so, but still I have noticed that Taksali and AKJ young Bibia have started to wear make-up. Worst is to see an Amritdhari bibi wearing a Patka or Keski with huge amounts of make-up, lipstick and powder on the face and it looking obvious that she does her eyebrows. I myself don't realise that easy but wife picks up on it really easily because before she took Amrit she used to thread her own eyebrows and bleach her facial hair. Are Taksalis and AKJ in UK aware of this? Do Boss and Khalsa Camps raise these issues?

I don't wish to cause offense. I want to create awareness and hope that Amritdhari Bibia can be strong role models and inspiration for people like my daughter.

"Don't the Punj Pyare at Soho Road Gurudwara tell Bibia not to cut, trim, pluck or dye their Kesh??"

Yes they do, implicitly.

Not sure why you are talking about Keski, its not a panthic Sikh requirement for Bibiyan, please stick to you're eyebrow topic and stop promoting in jathebande specific ideology.