What Changed Qazi Noor Mohammad’s Mind?

thanks for the info its good to know its from his own diary because i see alot of quotes about people comenting on sikhi like bertrand russel and the spy sent by aurengzeb on the birth of the khalsa but i end up finding no sources its irritating to think people just make those quotes up

I know exactly what you mean. That's why we need an element of hard grounded research by loyal Sikhs to counter balance those who may let go with the imagination just a bit too much. Or feel compelled to manufacture a story to try and uplift our spirits, which quickly become widely accepted but are found to be inaccurate on later investigation.

My mother told me the modern khanda nishaan was the standard used by the Khalsa since dasmesh pita's time for instance, she genuinely believed this and so did I for a long time. I only realised this wasn't true in my mid twenties when I started taking a more in depth interest in Sikh art and noticed alternatives and a conspicuous absence of the modern form in any surviving older images.