Wooden kirpan

Akaali

Vaheguroo ji ka khalsa, Vaheguroo ji ki fateh!!

I was just wondering, can we take a wooden Sri Sahib along with us, since sarbloh/steel ones aren't allowed?? I know they probably won't, but do you think one can get by security with it?

They need to make this a law, and we shouldn't even have to think of such ways to wear our Kakaars, :umm: vahegurooooo!!!

Vaheguroo ji ka khalsa, Vaheguroo ji ki fateh!!

of course one cannot wear a wooden kirpan. it was steel. to show courage. what good is a wooden kirpan when we cannot defend others with it.

but security wise, i guess you'll be allowed. but sikh groups will never let that happen. david blunkett (home offic minister) tried to get sikhs in the uk to wear wooden kirpans. but sikhs were against that.

For one thing I think it MIGHT be good that Kirpans are not aloud.

why?

cause if they are

I hate to say uit - but theres gonna be GOI staff changing their apperance to a 'Sikh apperance'

and hijack

rather being disallowed - than leting some1 give a bad name to Sikhs

As for wood Kirpan - I think i agre with Kandola - tha u can't really protect urself with it - can u :T:

Wouldn't that be the same as wearing alil Kirpan around the neck - more liek a ritual as u can't protect urself

bhull chukk maaf

GurFateh

hmmmm...

well here's the thing, one must never part from his/her kakaars, as a hukam from dashmesh pita, under these certain circumstances in today's time we don't have any other option or choice, being a minority we don't have these rights, even in Canada, its not a Sikh's "right" to wear a kirpan, rather a privilege..

Its no-where near a ritual if you wear a wooden kirpan, you might not've seen that some wooden kirpans are equally as sharp as some steel kirpans. Rather than having to stay without a kakaar its better to have something with which you can defend yourself, we usually train with small wooden kirpans at our akhara, so I know those can be used if you know how to use it properly.

My question isn't weather its right to carry a wooden kirpan, but if it will make clearance at the airport.

Bhul chuk muaf! ^_^

hmmmm...

well here's the thing, one must never part from his/her kakaars, as a hukam from dashmesh pita, under these certain circumstances in today's time we don't have any other option or choice, being a minority we don't have these rights, even in Canada, its not a Sikh's "right" to wear a kirpan, rather a privilege..

Its no-where near a ritual if you wear a wooden kirpan, you might not've seen that some wooden kirpans are equally as sharp as some steel kirpans. Rather than having to stay without a kakaar its better to have something with which you can defend yourself, we usually train with small wooden kirpans at our akhara, so I know those can be used if you know how to use it properly.

My question isn't weather its right to carry a wooden kirpan, but if it will make clearance at the airport.

Bhul chuk muaf! ^_^

ooh Sorry

I mean fi it works for self defence - then i don't see anything wrong with it

bhull chukk maaf

GurFAteh

Please, this is dumb.

We are having this problem in the UK at the moment and we are trying to sort in out. As some so called sikh leader told the goverment that wooden and plastic kirpans are ok to wear, now the Goverment plan to past this in june or july. We are try to sort this out.

So please stick with Sarbloh/steel kirpans and not small in size. if it not Sarbloh/Steel please no not wear it and do not accpet it as a kirpan.

So NO.

Please, this is dumb.

We are having this problem in the UK at the moment and we are trying to sort in out. As some so called sikh leader told the goverment that wooden and plastic kirpans are ok to wear, now the Goverment plan to past this in june or july. We are try to sort this out.

So please stick with Sarbloh/steel kirpans and not small in size. if it not Sarbloh/Steel please no not wear it and do not accpet it as a kirpan.

So NO.

Good point chamkila!!

If we succumb to the circumstances, the government might even change their rules for sikhs to only wear a plastic/wodden kirpan, which is retarded. We have to fight for our rights, the government needs to be educated, and should be brought to their attention that there is not a singal case against a proper gursikh of using his/her kirpan without reason.

Since this is a major issue facing the sikhs today, how can we deal with it, where should we start, etc.?