Sangat Ji Wake Up

Guest confusingh

Guest confusingh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sangat ji, I just wanted to bring your attention to a problem which I have seen occur in many Sikh communities, we spent alot of time fighting etc. and doing things which in hindsight have not resulted in anything changing for the better.

I urge all the Sikh brothers and sisters on this forum to spread the message and make all Sikh Sangtan aware of the tactics which are played upon us by others as a means of gain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7S4dsg19xo

I am not in any way spreading hate for Islam, but these people who choose to twist people's opinions and views as a means to convert them are not spreading Islam, their intentions by no means are Islamic, rather they choose to prey upon those who have no knowledge of thei background and their beautiful Sikhi, they attempt to lure Sikh girls in to their clutches by misinforming them, lieing to them and using underhand and deceitful tactics in order to persuade these people to convert, they do not preach the message of Islam, but instead put forward views to convert people which are not contextual and only have one intention. Jaag dhe rehna Singho, as you can see by the video above this is not just our Dheean Bhenan which are vulnerable, one gains strength through knowledge, with understanding and knowledge of Sikhi one gains strength and will power in the comfort of Guru Ji's message.

PLEASE I urge all Sangats to spread this message to give sikhia to all Sikh sisters and brothers.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest confusingh

A friend in Bradford told me about this convert, apparently he wanted to find a wife or had found a girl and was offered marriage to the young girl on the terms of conversion to Islam, don't know if this is true, but Sangtan have told me he is from Yorkshire or perhaps the Manchester area. He now lives as a muslim.

Another thing Sangat ji, a fellow Singh friend of my who works as a doctor, told me over the past couple of years his surgery has seen a number of patients register with Sikh surnames, and appear to be of a muslim appearence. He told me about this, and sangat needs to understand I can't tell them about a location or name due to the confidentiality of Doctors. However this is an increasing problem, as I've said in other posts, when we were younger we tried to put a stop to this, however the results were not as expected.

Guest confusingh

No veer ji, both do occur and I first hand know names have been changed,,,

However my friend was refering to the alarmingly increasing rate, he saw once a girl in her early 20's second name Khalsa and even used Kaur, but the thing is when he saw her she had a hijab on, anyway that wasn't the alarming thing, she thought she was pregnant and wanted advice on what to do, he told me and was annoyed because as a doctor all he could say was you need to do what is right for you.

You are correct though one guy we used to go to high school with, well last time I saw him he had a beard etc. was a proper fanatical muslim, never really spoke to him to be honest found him abit weird, but apparently recently hes got bald head, goatee, earings and khanda chain, and also wear kara, this was a shock, but I'd heard and seen this happening before, hence why we were getting in to so many fights etc. until recently he adds a friend of mine on his facebook and his name is Kam (im pretty sure his first name was Atul) Sangha, and this i thought he had done himself until we find out the piece of scum has changed his name, these little shits prey around places like day timers and nightclubs and use the fact that girls are being covert against them, make sure all friends and people you know are aware!

The male rate is also increasing, I know for a fact several conversions of males take place in birmingham (aston area) and luton, the reason for this being the large number of muslims there, often Sikhs are not seen as 'one of their own' so they convert to keep in with their associates and their crowd, idiots! . If these people had knowledge of Sikhi, our history and a good upbringing I doubt this would be happening, we have people saying 'you can't blame the parents' ...

Well how many of us know families whose kids dont know a word of panjabi, their dad is at work 24/7 as is their mum, sister going out with a muslim lad, brothers a pot head. This does happen and its becoming more common, and IT IS the parents fault!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Yes I know of someone that works in the public sector and deals in customer services dealing with the public, he states that he know of sikh women coming with the kaur in the middle name and then a muslim surname . I also heard last year three Sikhs from Wolverhampton converts to Islam what the hell is going on ?

If a muslim is specifically changing his name via D-POLL to convert Sikh women, We need to expose these people to the police could you not expose him to the police , there must be some law broken hear, or even the local Gurudwara, MPS etc.

We need to reach out to sikhs that have converts and convert them back into Sikhi

If anyone knows of a women going out with a Musilim or a someone else, I think there respective parents should be advised ASAP through the right channel . It may not be easy, but we should try.

At the end of the day there is only one way these Muslims will understand and that is if we show them that we will not put up with it any more, I am sure other communities are thinking the same, like the White community.

Guest confusingh

There isn't necessarily any laws being broken due to the similarities in cultures, they can just simply claim they are also panjabi.

A shocking thing I heard was of a girls mother being aware of a relationship with the girl and a muslim, for some people Sikhi isn't of any value, they are just born in to a Sikh family quite sad really because they don't know what they're missing in our beautiful dharam.

I went to uni with a girl who was going out with a muslim, later he bribed her with some provocative photos he had taken, threatening to show them to her father (he wasn't very well at this time, think he was suffering from heart problems) she eventually converted, initial name was Kiranpreet Gill ... I know that now her second name is Hameez or something.

We tried alot of things; fighting, reporting them, but the thing is, the ones converted simply say they are doing it of their own free will and we end up in a hell of a lot of trouble, so the only way one can try and stop this is to educate and let people know of what goes on to prevent them falling for it.

Lets be completely honest, Gurughar nowadays is just a get together and matrimonial scoping ground for most people in the community no sense of learning anything, and the thing is there isn't anything being taught, other than super fast reading of Bani to youngsters who don't understand a word of panjabi, there isn't anybody who is able to convey the message to vulnerable youngsters, as of what Sikhi is about and how we use this in everyday life... If we don't have extremists we have people who don't bother at all, either way youngsters feel alienated and then do not place much value on Sikhi, people say oh you're thinking like a missionary, but as I've said before, its easy for them people as teenagers to sit on a forum and think you know all solutions, but the truth of it is, we need unity, not divide us further, people seek comfort in unity, and if we have none we have nothing to work from, I would have loved to see the Singhs who back in the day ran away, stick with us in Luton, they looked as if they were Guru Ke Singh, warriors wearing bana, however these were the first ones to leave us, if we don't see each other as brothers and sisters how can we expect to appeal to youngsters as Gursikhs?

We need ALOT more unity and less division, people speak of Khalistan, we need to sort our community out before we even think about such a movement.

Fateh!

Could you clarify what you mean by the below statement I do not understand it?

Also what hapeened to Kiranpreet, I am sure by now if you know about the photos so will her parents, so why does she not convert back ? (I know saying it and doing it are entirly differnet ) :

would have loved to see the Singhs who back in the day ran away, stick with us in Luton, they looked as if they were Guru Ke Singh, warriors wearing bana, however these were the first ones to leave us, if we don't see each other as brothers and sisters how can we expect to appeal to youngsters as Gursikhs?

Ok, I got a question for you all...

What is the difference between a Punjabi or a "Sikh" that is already on the wrong track, going out clubbing, waisting his or her time getting high or drunk, and completely against the teachings of sikhi, how they different from anyone that converted?

We have already lost them. Bringing them back to sikhi is the same thing as in bringing anyone back from ANY side other than sikhi. They have already made up their minds.

I wanted to clear this up with everyone that we shouldnt be seeing that them converting is wrong, but we were wrong not to do something for them BEFORE they were sidetracked. If an amritdhari, guru ka sikh has converted, then thats a big deal since he was a 'practising sikh'.

A person that is already not into sikhi, not living as a sikh, we have already lost him/her LOOOOOONG time ago !

Other than that, YES, we should be doing prachaar, YES, we should be doing seva to stop these conversions, YES we should be educating the youth and YES I agree it is majority the PARENTS FAULT for not educating their youth!

Just my two cents worth ...