Official Bow Protest - Time To Organise One

Kalsingh

As some people are aware, there is going to be a protest/walk for support march this sunday 24th May for the Bow Gurdwara Bow atrocity. However, like last week, there does not seem to be as much reception and interest as there should be and again I can already suspect that not many people are going to turn up. I do understand that the Saskaar is also taking place in southall on the same day and as a result, people may not turn up to the march.

Whether we have the numbers at the march (24th May) or not, now is the time for a mass demonstration to take place outside Parliament. A professional Sikh Organisation (whether it exists yet or not), needs to take responsibility for this 'Professional & Official Protest'. Sangat from all across the country needs to turn up. I am hoping to inspire someone (including myself) to take this forward.

Any ideas on who to contact and how to go about it are needed please. I'm not affiliated with any organisation and am more or less only a cyber sangat learner and informant on this matter (Bow atrocity). Maybe there is someone or some people out there who are already planning this, I don't know.

But if you think about it, although a march or walk for support which is taking place this sunday is good and a step forward, a protest (not a march which is not in westminster i.e. this sunday) exactly like what the tamils did outside parliament, is needed to show the authorities we will not tolerate an improper investigation.

Thanks

The police investigate on an evidential basis and should be following all leads. While the protest may be a good idea for some, the only thing it might accomplish is for a politician to write a letter to the Chief Supt (who covers the area which Bow falls under) to put more pressure on the inquiry. But saying that, the DS in charge of the investigation issued a press release giving an update to the Sikh community on this investigation. This was posted by khalistan-zindabad on this forum not so long ago.

The supposed 'protest' on the 24th May 2009 which is apparently being organised by the dodgy committee will not get any numbers as the sangat will be attending the sanskaar of Maharaaj's ashes. So rather than organising protests, for the time being it might be better just to contact the police/politicians through emails, letters, phone calls.

Local area

http://cms.met.police.uk/met/boroughs/tower_hamlets/index

Local neighbourhood team

http://www.met.police.uk/teams/towerhamlets/bowwest/

Local MP

http://www.upmystreet.com/commons/constitu...arch/l/bow.html

The police investigate on an evidential basis and should be following all leads. While the protest may be a good idea for some, the only thing it might accomplish is for a politician to write a letter to the Chief Supt (who covers the area which Bow falls under) to put more pressure on the inquiry. But saying that, the DS in charge of the investigation issued a press release giving an update to the Sikh community on this investigation. This was posted by khalistan-zindabad on this forum not so long ago.

The supposed 'protest' on the 24th May 2009 which is apparently being organised by the dodgy committee will not get any numbers as the sangat will be attending the sanskaar of Maharaaj's ashes. So rather than organising protests, for the time being it might be better just to contact the police/politicians through emails, letters, phone calls.

Local area

Local neighbourhood team

Local MP

VaheguruJiKaKhalsaVaheguruJiKiFateh!

Absolutely correct. Protests don't achieve as much as real infleuntial pressure does. People need to snap out of the protest culture and start thinking smarter. Protesting worked for stopping the beadbi of Guru Granth sahib ji's saroops at party halls but may not be as effective in other cases. In honesty, the protesting tool may have reached it's sell by date in the community and a new medium to communicate the messages needs to be found. We are still struggling to get the correct media attention and that still needs to be worked on. There are weak links with the politically influential, again something we have not built up,

It's time to mature up and not let the immature ones take the lead. No offence.

Local area

Local neighbourhood team

Local MP

Absolutely correct. Protests don't achieve as much as real infleuntial pressure does. People need to snap out of the protest culture and start thinking smarter. Protesting worked for stopping the beadbi of Guru Granth sahib ji's saroops at party halls but may not be as effective in other cases. In honesty, the protesting tool may have reached it's sell by date in the community and a new medium to communicate the messages needs to be found. We are still struggling to get the correct media attention and that still needs to be worked on. There are weak links with the politically influential, again something we have not built up,

My friend, wake up. A protest like the one i am talking about, is the real influential pressure we need. I'm not saying stop the emails and phone calls to the people in charge either. All I'm saying is that we need something huge like a professional protest in westminster to take it to the next level. Thats how we are going to the media attention we need. I am talking about a properly organised protest you know. The one taking place on sunday is not going to achieve much because its in the middle of no where. If we had a proper one outside parliament, it would be worth it. What would compliment it would be to have some speakers aswell. We would be bound to get media attention man. I'm sure theres some members of the sikh community who have contacts in the media. They could then interivew protestors and so on and before you know it, we could be on tv.

Wake up people. Please.

Local area

Local neighbourhood team

Local MP

My friend, wake up. A protest like the one i am talking about, is the real influential pressure we need. I'm not saying stop the emails and phone calls to the people in charge either. All I'm saying is that we need something huge like a professional protest in westminster to take it to the next level. Thats how we are going to the media attention we need. I am talking about a properly organised protest you know. The one taking place on sunday is not going to achieve much because its in the middle of no where. If we had a proper one outside parliament, it would be worth it. What would compliment it would be to have some speakers aswell. We would be bound to get media attention man. I'm sure theres some members of the sikh community who have contacts in the media. They could then interivew protestors and so on and before you know it, we could be on tv.

Wake up people. Please.

Unless this it is clearly communicated to the community why a protest needs to take place then you're looking at a piddly turnout which will not have any impact. We arent a protesting community, we're too suspicous of anyone who wants to be a panthic leader, thats why no one wants to really put themselves forward.

If you are that passionate and claim your AWAKE, get off the internet and do what the tamils have done, do a serious of illegal protests outside parliment and be prepared to be arrested. That will get the media attention.

Otherwise just keep day dreaming and stop accusing others of being asleep when your too lazy to implement your own idea.

Local area

Local neighbourhood team

Local MP

Wake up people. Please.

Unless this it is clearly communicated to the community why a protest needs to take place then you're looking at a piddly turnout which will not have any impact. We arent a protesting community, we're too suspicous of anyone who wants to be a panthic leader, thats why no one wants to really put themselves forward.

If you are that passionate and claim your AWAKE, get off the internet and do what the tamils have done, do a serious of illegal protests outside parliment and be prepared to be arrested. That will get the media attention.

Otherwise just keep day dreaming and stop accusing others of being asleep when your too lazy to implement your own idea.

Why are you attacking me? What have i done to upset you?

When I said wake up, if you think i was trying to insult you, i am sorry but if i was i would have made it more personal. I was using it in a rhetorical sense and just to make you see (I feel) that your idea about not having a protest was not the way to go. Plus, the reason i said wake up was because of your last comments about maturing up, that may have made me passionate about what i was saying.

I didn't say everyone is sleeping, just your viewpoint maybe (but please don't take this harshly, I mean no disrespect) I'm trying to inspire, not condemn anyone.

How i'm a lazy? I seem like the only one interested in this and was asking for advice, i was coming to you (the cybersangat) for points and tips so i can learn, YES, LEARN FROM YOU!

I'm trying to unite and inspire and this is the response i get?

Don't make this personal, I never intended to. Theres nothing to get personal about. I think you took my wake up phrase too personally and if it caused you stress, I'm sorry.

My humble apologies for the tone of my previous posting. I understand your intentions.

My only annoyance is that all these texts. emails and posts flying around stating community to WAKE UP are a waste of time and people are switching off from them. There's no productivty sending out a message to WAKE UP and then expecting someone else to sweep up a mess that the sender could sort out himself without patronising others. Sending a text message to your mates doesnt mean any great sewa's being done when there's still no mature constuctive approach to any of our issues.

My humble apologies for the tone of my previous posting. I understand your intentions.

My only annoyance is that all these texts. emails and posts flying around stating community to WAKE UP are a waste of time and people are switching off from them. There's no productivty sending out a message to WAKE UP and then expecting someone else to sweep up a mess that the sender could sort out himself without patronising others. Sending a text message to your mates doesnt mean any great sewa's being done when there's still no mature constuctive approach to any of our issues.

No worries man, apologies accepted. Your points have been taken on board but I still don't agree with some of them.

Thanks for your input

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh