Kesh De Sanskaar

WJKK WJKF

Sangat Ji, I've just started doing kesh de sanskaar and well the first time i tried it.... it was a mess, i couldn't get my kesh to burn completely and i kinda burnt a finger or two. :rolleyes:

What i was wondering is can accelerents be used during the sanskaar? OBVIOUSLY not alcohol but I was thinking maybe butane, or something like oil? I really don't know.

Or if anyone has any suggestions on how to do it, they would be more than welcome.

WJKK WJKF

Guest shastr

i thought kes are NOT supposed to be burnt and should be jal parvaah, like mentioned above.

in gurbani paath darpan by sant gurbachan singh ji, they say the same thing

First you can burn wood and place kes on the fire rather than to fire the kes directly. if needed Use butter(ghee) or mustard oil(saro da tel). its a sense of respect (sense of disrespect if you u use natural gasoline or other "fluid" ) :lol: you can include that you did kes sanskar in the ardaas after nitnem. if you "burn the kes directly then you are just burning it not doing the sanskar.