Duped, Sikh converts to Islam ‘for survival’

Guest mehtab

Guest mehtab

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/5922_72...02000000073.htm

Duped, Sikh converts to Islam ‘for survival’

HT Correspondent

Amritsar, May 2

A YOUTH who mortgaged his house, sold valuables and paid Rs 5 lakh to a travel agent to fulfil his dream of a job in Greece only to end up in a Pakistani jail and convert to Islam “for survival”, has written to the Head Granthi of Gurdwara Nankana Sahib seeking shelter.

Pargat Singh left Hoshiarpur in August last year after selling the family’s ornaments, mortgaging his house and paying nearly Rs 5 lakh to a travel agent to make it to a decent job in Greece and supplement the family’s income. Instead, he and “the other boys” accompanying him were “tortured” in confinement at several places in Turkey and Iran before being sent to Pakistan.

Narrating his tale to the Head Granthi, Pargat said he had been living in Pakistan for the past five months. Pargat had to convert and change his name to “Mohhamed Hussain, s/o Tair Mohhamed of Jinnah Colony, Bahawalpur,” for survival.

At present, he lives with a Pakistani friend, Karim Baksh, who was also duped by a travel agent. Seeking the Head Granthi’s help, he wrote that he considered himself a burden on Karim’s family and wanted to work as a sewadar at Nankana Sahib.

Before deciding to give shelter to Pargat, the Gurdwara Nankana Sahib Head Granthi brought the matter to the notice of International Bhai Mardana Yadgari Kirtan Darbar Society chief Harpal Singh Bhullar. Meanwhile, Bhullar has sou

ght the Union Government’s intervention in rescuing youths languishing in Pakistani jails after being duped by travel agents.

Guest rsingh

there have been a few stories like this, from panjab they pay travel agents money to go to EU and other countries end up in Iran, russia, pused from 1 country to another. India says there not there responsibility and end up in Pakistan where they are tourchared and converted in to islam or they rot in jail. Panjab gov, etc dont give a dam.

Guest balwinderkaur
its sad, but just to live you convert. dont think islam would allow this person to come back to sikhi now.

it should be okay....i know of some folks who've converted and then re-converted back to sikhee........

its sad, but just to live you convert. dont think islam would allow this person to come back to sikhi now.

it should be okay....i know of some folks who've converted and then re-converted back to sikhee........

What was the point of converting back - when they wouldn't give their head - and rather would give Sikhi away? rolleyes.gif

bhull chukk maaf

GurFateh

Guest balwinderkaur

What was the point of converting back - when they wouldn't give their head - and rather would give Sikhi away? rolleyes.gif

bhull chukk maaf

GurFateh

don't be too judgmental mr singh jee unless you know their story.....

Guest rsingh

I shudnt juge as i nt know y, etc. but if we look as history sikhs were forced to convert but they didnt they gave there lives. ^_^ Parnam Shaheeda Nu ^_^ look at the chota sahibzada they where ofered gld, money, etc. they gave there lives.

^_^ Sir Java ta Java Meri Sikhi Sadak Na Java ^_^

nower days for lakavath sikhs like me its the other way, leave my head take my sikhi :umm: :D @

My one and 1/2 pence

Exactly what I mean

if you call urself a SIKH of th Guru

U've Given ur head - end of discussion

you can ever CONSIDER convering to Islam - if u do

then its not 'Sir Jave ta JAve mera Sikhi Sidik na Jave'

instead it's

'Sikhi jave ta jave mera sir NA jave'!

which is NOT what Sikhs are thought

but I should be ... hush hush - as Im not a Sikh yet myself and WORKING on becoming one

But I'd give my head and not say - that Im not a chela of my Guru - whether that means death

bhull chukk maaf

please Forgive me if I have offended anyone

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

When people go to any length just to get to the west, you have to think bout whether they were Sikhs to beign with. I know its easy for us sitting in the west to critise those who do these kind of things to get to Uk or America or Canada but there are Right ways of doing things and most of our people dont do the right thing.

Punjabi Sikh spend lakhs on trying to get to the west, instead if they become educated in fields such as computer programming then companies from the west wud be beggging them to come work for them. That way when they do get to Britain or America atleast they wont have to work in the factories.

Our people are stooping so low, that Marriage has become a way of getting out of india. Parents marry their daughters off to divorcees, drunks, older guys just so she can get settled in the west and send them sponsership.

Farmers of punjab sell of all their belongings just so they can come in the west and do what? work in the factories.

People nowdays may give up sikhi to save themselves here but no one is going to save them after death.

A Gursikh however is protected everywhere.

AwpixAw Bgqw kI rK kry hir suAwmI inMdkw dustw ky muh kwly krwey ]

aapaniaa bhagathaa kee rakh karae har suaamee ni(n)dhakaa dhusattaa kae muh kaalae karaaeae ||

The Lord, our Lord and Master, preserves and protects His devotees; He blackens the faces of the slanderers and evil-doers.