Ravidass Gurudawara's Soon To Be Just Temples?

Pure

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Je Ke Fateh

Dear Sangat Ji,

I have heard that the Ravidass Gurudawara's will remove all from all of their buildings Maharaj Guru Granth Sahibs Ji. They will instead have images or Statues of Bhagat Ravidass, this will make all Ravidass Gurudawara's to Ravidass Temples.

Could some one confirm this please or have I got it completely wrong?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at my local Gurudawara, some Singhs were talking about this situation. They were saying that the Ravidass Gurudawara committees held a large meeting and they have decided to remove Maharaj Guru Granth Sahibs Ji from all Ravidass Buildings.

So I come here to find out if I have got is wrong or if this is true?

They were never 100% Sikhs and it is good that they want to go on their own.

Ravidassi community got their own granth and our Guru sahib jee picked SOME bani from Bhagat Ravidas jee's granth which goes along with sikhi style thinking.

In India there are are 180 million Ravidassia, well done to the fundamentalist for closing the door to Sikhism for this community :@

Sikhism will become a fundamentalist religion confined to Punjab with a Jat mentality.

If you look at the Ravidassia history they are part of Sikhism from day one, Guru Nanak respected Guru Ravidass enough to have social interaction and learn from his teacings, Guru Arjan Dev incorporated Guru Ravidass Bani in the Adi Granth. Read up of the history of the Sikh Light Infantry, look at the rebellion of The Satnami Revolt Against Aurungzeb, see what Giani Ditt Singh did for Sikhism.

Many parts of Punjab no longer have a Sikh majority - Sikhism has failed to reach out to the so called lower caste Sikhs, Biharis etc. Guru Nanak was born a into a Hindu family - who were the original converts to Sikhism yes Hindus?

If Sikhisms does not reach out to other sections of the Indian community it will be left as a dying religion in terms of numbers and in years to come known as an in-bred religion (the gene pool has to expand - simple laws of science).

It would have been easier to convert a Ravidassia to the orthodoxy of Sikhism than a Hindu to convert to Sikhism!