Shabad Alarm

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

there was this one time when after a loooooong time finally guru jee considered me worthy and woke me up when there were like 10 minutes left in amrit vela :umm: ....... and i stayed up amazingly !!!....

what finally worked???

1) being EXCITED about getting up... going to sleep PSYCHED that you might in fact get up at amrit vela !!

2) 3 (yes three) alarm clocks timed to go off 2 minutes apart from each other

:D

but then the infamous "haumai curse" attacked and i started to think i had control over it and it never worked again.......

"aap gavaeeai thaa(n) sahu paaeeai aur kaisee chathuraaee"

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Kulpreet veer ji, Everytime i read ur posts, this mp3 file starts playing in my head

DJ KPS ( u know Dj aps )

Congratulations on waking up at amritvela. I want to ask a question here. I goto sleep at around 2 am - 3am, so can i do path during that time and then goto sleep?

I know, ishnann is important but if i did that then i wudnt get any sleep.

I goto sleep around 2 or 3am and wake up at 7. :umm:

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I really can't answer your question because I don't wake up at amrit vela. I'm sorry if you got the wrong impression. What I meant to say was that some times Guru jee has woken (waken?) me up at amrit vela by his own grace - but lately I have totally lost this wonderful time.

I can't advise you on amrit vela because I'm already president of hypocrite land, and I can't get any higher position !

About the ishnaan question - honestly I don't know. I know that ishnaan everyday is important and one should also try to do kes ishnaan ... some Singhs say you haven't done full ishnaan until you've done both pinda (body) and kes ishnaan. They also stress the importance of cold water. I think the point of nitnem is to have a fresh start to your day and that's why it's done after you've gotten up. From personal experience I used to stay up very late - I mean if you have no choice that's a different situation... but whenever I had a choice, and I slept on time, it was much more beneficial and I got more work done in the morning than in the middle of the night. I am still trying very hard to give up late nights and I still sleep in all the time - so I really can't give any advice on this topic. I don't practice enough to be giving any answers.... other gursikhs on the forum please post here and give guidance smile.gif

--endemo-->

bhul chuk maaf karnaa jee

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!