How much do you agree with this passage?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you agree with this passage?

• I agree
    • I disagree

"When Love Prevails, A Sikh Women Finds Christ!"

If love prevails, a Sikh women has already found Guru Nanak, the King of the Universe, and no one walks away from Guru Nanak empty-handed. When a person finds Guru Nanak, there is no more searching left to do - they have found purpose, meaning, and love. When a person finds Guru Nanak, they have found LIFE! They have found eternal beauty, they have found Waheguru.

naanak ho pir bhaalee aapanaa sathigur naal dhikhaaliaa ||4||

O Nanak, I was searching for my Beloved; the True Guru has shown me that He has been with me all the time. ||4||

:umm:

Guru Nanak pulled me up, out of the deep, dark pit, the intoxication of attachment. ||4||30||60||

Guru Nanak is the greatest of all; He saved my honor in this Dark Age of Kali Yuga. ||4||10||57||

The glorious greatness of Guru Nanak is manifest, throughout all the ages. ||4||11|| :D

What teachings can be imparted to those who have the Divine Guru

Nanak as their Guru? ||1|| blush.gif

I agree with both of you.  It can easily be proven that this book was written to manipulate Sikhs about conversion but this is not the point of starting this thread.  I just wanted to see how many people actually believed with this.  The thing about Narinder, the person who converted to Christianity, might never have practised Sikhi, or even have came any bit closer to it and sadly she says that what she found in Christ, any other guru didn't have it...

How can you expect something from your teacher without even becoming his student?  But again, please keep this out of the discussion, I will myself start a different thread for this once I finish reading this book, which I just got today in mail.

this just DISGUSTS ME :umm: @

Yes Christ was a good man

but what she found in Christ any other Guru dind't have it jus mkaes my blood boil :D @

has she had PREM

TRUE PREM?

I guess not

Veer jee

is it possible you mail me the book - cause u got it in mail :T:

bhull chukk maaf

GurFAteh

mail meaning postal mail. I ordered it from half.com and it was pretty cheap actually, around $5..

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fatehh

Jio, just wondering where this book is from ? Is this the same bibi (i dont think it is but worth asking) that said on this forum she wants to convert to christianity and she was amritshuk amritdhari ... it wasnt that while back.

Just to answer the actual role of this post.... one phrase....

FULLLLL RESPECT TO ALL MY BIBIAN/BHAINJIAN OUT THERE.... LOVE ALL YOU GUYS FOR YOUR GREAT SEVA RESPECT AND KEEPING OUR SIKHI ALIVE. THERE IS NO SIKHI WITHOUT YOU !! :umm: :WW: rockon.gif^_^

Really in my own life, if it wasnt influence from bhainjis, iw ouldnt be in sikhi. THEY ARE THE BEST!!! :D

mail meaning postal mail. I ordered it from half.com and it was pretty cheap actually, around $5..

-----------------

ooh okey blush.gif

I thought it was PDF format blush.gif

I think I gotta visit that site a bit now and then to see if they got some good books onm Sikhi

thanks bhull chukk maaf

GurFAteh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Interesting topic you have started SOGGS... :T:

I won't go into detail about things that I do compared with Singh's because then I will just sound hankari..

but, there are plenty of singhnia out there that can probably out do most singhs. I have amritdhaari sisters that wear damalay, shaster, do gatka, all sorts...They are fortunate that they have supportive parents that have raised them in sikhi!

However, the problem is that society is not always willing to accept or support singhnia like this...but those singhnia that are like that...keep it up! :umm:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I know what you are talking about phain ji..

Because I know you personally I know for a fact that there are many Singhs like myself who cannot even compare to you (sorry not trying to boost your ego but it's true) and on the side it makes me really sad how there are many Singhs out there who think Bibiaa are lower than them, for ex.: they wouldn't want they to wear dastars, chole, do seva of Guru Sahib and stuff like that. I hope this changes soon so we dont' only preach others to practise equality, but practise it ourself too...

But like Vicky Singh said, there's also a little fault of Kaurs in this whole thing...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

No my dear veer ji, there are many Singhs and Singhnia that are much more than anything I can ever be...e.g. look in the mirror :umm:

And yes I agree with you and Vicki Ji. Bibia have to accept more than a little fault in this matter. Although we have equality, some bibia have shot themselves in the foot by not sticking to the fundamentals of sikhi, yet they expect to have the same rights as a singh! It hurts to say this but the bibia that do stick to their rehit are few and far between..but it's no issue because we want quality not quantity :D

I think what hurts the most is that when you are amritdhaari and become a Khalsa you would expect to be treated as an equal but you seldom are.

I think this is also to do with the way society perceives you. For some people it's very hard to forget culture and tradition and when the see bibia that do not conform to culture and tradition they think they are like tomboys and they start planting ideas that no one is going to marry then because they are soo boyish...what these people do not realise is that these bibia are mantaining their sikhi and rehit...it takes a lot sharda and courage to forget all the gibberish that society will bombard you with and maintain guru sahib's roop! Or maybe it's just guru sahib's kir

pa... B) but either way some singhnia manage to do it...and they deserve the upmost respect ^_^

I wish I could name them all here..he he he

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!