The Need For Kirtan Programs For The Youth

Tejinder19

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh.

As many of you know, more and more youth are leaving the Sikh religion. Not too many youth are embracing the Sikh religion. Why is this happening? One reason is that there aren’t too many Kirtan programs for our youth to attend. The need for Kirtan programs for our youth has never been more urgent than the times we are in right now. The connection someone makes while listening to Kirtan in the presence of Saadh Sangat is beyond measure. My request for everyone on this forum is to start more Kirtan programs for our youth so that our youth can embrace Sikhi.

Bhul Chuk Maaf Jee.

As many of you know, more and more youth are leaving the Sikh religion. Not too many youth are embracing the Sikh religion. Why is this happening? One reason is that there aren't too many Kirtan programs for our youth to attend. The need for Kirtan programs for our youth has never been more urgent than the times we are in right now. The connection someone makes while listening to Kirtan in the presence of Saadh Sangat is beyond measure. My request for everyone on this forum is to start more Kirtan programs for our youth so that our youth can embrace Sikhi.

Bhul Chuk Maaf Jee.

I agree only half way.....Kirtan Programs are definitely important, but they should have a knowledge of Sikh Theology and clearly able to explain it. I know people that can do great Kirtan, but they just do not understand the message.

gotta agree with both of you. we also need more people to start speaking in english in gurudwara sahibs if we are serious about youth getting involved in sikhi. kathas should be done in english instead of punjabi, which most of the people dont understand. we also need more people like bhai sukha singh of uk. he does kathas in english and i have learned heeps about sikhi by just listening to his recordings.