Re:anyone Interested In

Guest fordcapri

Guest fordcapri

you can send anything up to 2kg in weight free through British Forces post at the Post Office. They are short of most basic things like toiletries/snack foods, wipes, tissue roll etc.

The address is

A Member of the Nursing Staff

HOSPITAL SQN UK MED GROUP

CAMP BASTION

AFGHANISTAN

BFP0792

Fateh!

Nice seva and a good opportunity for Sikhi to be shared with the injured soldiers.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to get the sangat at your local gurdwara to donate a few things. Include a letter, signed by sangat who want to help, describing who Sikhs are, what we believe, and the Sikh ideal of charitable giving. Maybe send a photograph of the sangat so that the soldiers who have been injured in combat realise that not all people wearing turbans and sporting darees are the same.

I think I might do just that myself.

Regards,

K.

Guest fordcapri

Its good thats it free to send to.

But 2kg in free postage would mean some essitanls like wipes/snacks and other things mentioned.

Theres must be Sikhs in the British army ??

If you go to "Poundland" or the "99p store" im sure theres something you can send.

Guest fordcapri

Some ideas to send

Sachets of Ovaltine/Horlicks

Hand/Face Cream

Moisturiser

Toothbrushes/tooth paste

Sweets

Local papers

Sports magazines

Tea Bags

Coffee

Sunblock

Lipbalm

Seeing that you guys are in such a giving mood, perhaps you can also send something to this cause as well

what have you given? i'm just asking to get some kind of idea on how we can help as you obviously know so much about it already.

anything you send will be appreciated. just an idea: send some spicy sauces (or ketchup or anything that adds flavour to meals) as you can imagine the food out there can get depressing after a while.

Bruv the foods top notch...Im in the Territorial Army and trust me when I say they don't compromise with the standard of the food...