Remembering our Beloved departed Gursikhs

Waheguroo jee ka khalsa waheguroo jee kee fateh...

The last conversation I had with rena kaur..

She was telling me how excited she was about the gatka at the nagar keertan and the road trip. She said she was just learning gatka and was excited about what more she could learn.

She said she cant wait until next week for the samagam. She was soo looking forward to it, asking me which keertanis were coming. She said the atmosphere is so great. last year she had to leave before apardeep singh jee had done keertan and she was saying she wishes she had been there. She said apardeep singh better come as she has to here his keertan this time.

She was telling me about these shastars and karas she had gotten and was going to find me a kara for my damalla.

She was telling me, just the other day, when I last talked to her, she said, "you know, we all make mistakes in our lives, and have been through bad stuff, but it feels like my life is changing" (not exact quote)

She was going to go to the samagam and get naam drirh, she said to me "you got me so excited about peshing" she was so excited about wearing dastar all the time. She wanted to be even more into rehat and bani. The thirst and the longing for gursikhi was there. She even told me about how wonderful she felt sitting in keertan or simran, she got this warm feeling in the top of her head.

anyway.. i dont know what more i can say about her.. the last thing she said to me was "goodnite. sweetdreamsboutGURUJI (i says it to everyone)"

good night rena, and sweet dreams about guru jee.

and parminder singh.. what can I say about him? I dont think I can go on writing this..

The last

email conversation I had with bhai sahib. He told me to always remember to say fateh before and after anything I say to a gursikh. "one of the first things we learn is that you must always say Fateh to every Gursikh. Baba Ji!! "

he said " Before you can go out and do

Parchar of Sikhi you yourself must learn what Sikhi really is. "

before this email, he had written to me about how much he wants panthic ekta and for all singhs to have gursikhi pyaar..

"I agree with what you said about putting our differences aside and working

together.....All the various groups are doing seva in their own way that Guru Ji has

blessed them with, but imagine how much more parchar could be done if we

just put our own fighting aside and worked together.

While we waste our time arguing with one another, groups like the Radha

Swamis, Naam Dharees, and others are taking advantage of this and growing

day by day.

I don't know why I am writing this e-mail to you...I was actually moved by

the post you made and just felt like contacting you. Somebody needs to take

the first step. We can't think that 'I don't want to be the one who is

giving in'.

we need to look at the bigger picture of what is better for the Panth. I

hope you understand what I am saying. There have been many meetings where

people say we want EKTA, but then they do nothing to show it. We must start

to actually take steps towards EKTA because at the end of the day we are all

sons and daughters of Guru Ji no matter what group we are affiliated with.

We are all trying our hardest to serve the Panth. If there is ever any help

you need from me, Gurmat Studies Foundation, or Guru Nanak Academy you may

let us know. "

As bhai sahib had reminded me to do.. I will say fateh..

Waheguroo jee ka khalsa waheguroo jee kee fateh!

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

something I managed to post on gursikhijeevan.com

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

I knew both Bhai Parminder Singh Ji and Bibi Rena Kaur Ji personally. Both were just amazing and out of this world. I haven't got any words to tell how I feel about them.

We all know of how much parchar Bhai Sahib did for the youth across the whole world. He travelled to so many different countries just for the sake of youth and he never worried that he was only spending his own time and money on these things. Whatever he did, it was all for the youth and for that, all the youth that I know here just loved him. He had come to Fresno twice and both of times he inspired a lot of sangat to become dhrirr in Sikhi. I had the fortune of staying close to him for 5 days in the last Gurmat Camp here so I know how his daily life was like. He used to be the first to enter Guru ji's darbar at amritvela. He was up for amrit vela for all the 5 days that he was here for. Start with 3 am in the morning, he would sit in either Guru Ji's tabeaa if no other sevadar were there to do chaur sahib, or either in the back, behind everyone else. After organizing stuff for the next day, he would only get to sleep around 11 pm and had to wake up again the next day at 3. This was his naem.

The first time that I met him was last to last year when he came to Fresno for a Katha tour. Those days the local Singhs and Kaurs used to get together and do kirtan every Friday night. Amazingly Bhai Parminder Singh ji did katha for an hour, after ardas he and samaptee of the regular diwas, he sat with us for the whole time! The kirtan ended at around 12 am and we a

ll went home! And guess what? Bhai Sahib was up again at 3 am to do seva of Guru ji. By the time our Singhs went to the Gurdwara Sahib for the Saturday morning naam abhiyaas, he was even done with his nitnaem.

He had so much pyaar for everyone. He was very close to Damdami Taksal, but regardless he just respect Singhs of Akhand Kirtani jatha. At the last camp he had personally asked me to get the Singhs to organize a raen subaae at the Gurdwara Sahib while he was there. And he sat there behind the kirtanis for most of the time. At my personal request, he also did Katha along with Bhai Tajinder Singh Ji who did kirtan @ Gurdwara Nanaksar Sahib in Fresno.

It was amazing how much gyaan he had at such a young age. While talking we can all quote panktees from Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji and Sri Dasam Granth Ji, but he just had extra-ordinary gyaan. When talking about things, he even quoted panktees from Sri Gur Suraj Parkash Granth like he read it regularly. Whenever he had free time, he would just start listening to Katha.

One thing which makes me admire him the most is the smile that he had on his face. His face was full with nimartaa like 24/7. Whenever u looked at him, he had a smile on his face. He was a very calm person and when it came to Sikhi, he didn't care for anything, not even his family. Throughout the 5 days, I didn't see him even phone his wife for once.

He just did so much seva for all of us. I hope that the Singhs in Surrey do not break down. I hope that someone else will take up the seva of Guru Nanak Acadamy and not let it shut down. Our panth would be in so much chardi kaala if only we had more schools like this one. Singhs there need to stand strong because a lot still needs to be done, though it will be very hard for any other Singh to take the seva that Bhai Parminder Singh Ji was doing, we all need to try as hard as we can so this parchaar that was started by uprallaa of Bhai Sahib never stops...

Bibi Rena Kaur Ji was also very bles

sed with Gursikhi. Though I had only met her once when she came to the Samagam in LA, she was still very close to me. I have know her for more than a year and every time that we chatted, she would give me so much respect. I cna't remember anytime when she called my name without calling me veer ji. She had so much pyaar for Sikhi and Guru Sahib.

Very recently she started wearing a dastar and now she was really wanting to start wearing baana everywhere. She had some problems at schools when she first started covering her head, but she always stood strong.

One thing she makes her different from most of the girls is that she had a lot of respect for the Panthik sangharsh which is going on. We dont' really see many girls talking about our panthik struggles but she was always interested to find out more and more. From time to time she would ask me about the sakhis of shaheed Singhs.

She also loved doign kirtan. She would stay up the whole night, even on week days, practising shabads and figuring out new ones. Sometimes I would tell her that she should go to sleep on time because she has school in the morning but she never cared about these worldy things. And now it makes sense why. Usually when someone dies I really feel bad that the person went without doing the vanjh of the vapaar that we came in this world for. But I'm sure that these two Gurmukhs earned a lot of it.

Dispite of being born in Canada, she was yet stayed so simple. I find it hard to believe that I will never be able to meet this awesome Singhnee anymore, but I will always remember her. In such a little time she made so much respect for her in my heart. She was just like my own younger sister. When she had any problems she wouldn't feel shy to ask me. If she wanted any help with her homework or setting up something with her computer she would always ask me for help.

I had managed to get around 5 gigs of Dodra kirtan from a friend of mine and I promised her that I would bring it all for

her when I come to Surrey or shen she comes here but sadly I will never be able to do it.

Rena Kaur was without a doubt the most awesome Singhnee that I ever met. I have so much to add about her but I am out of words. There is nothing that I can write about her love for Sikhi. It's so hard to believe that such a great sister, a great friend, an awesome kirtani has left me forever.

It's going to be really hard for her parents to manage without their own child.

Please sangatto do ardas to Guru Sahib that he breaks the 84 of these Gurmukhs and that he makes them one with him for ever.

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

Like gurbani says Gurmukhs like these come to this earth to do seva and parchar and they connect so many people with waheguroo But Sache Patshah jee has something else planned for them. Thats why waheguroo jee wanted them back and probably needs them for another seva!!!!!!! Waheguroo Waheguroo Waheguroo Waheguroo Waheguroo!!!!!

dyhu sjx AsIsVIAw ijau hovY swihb isau mylu ]3]

My friends, give me your blessings, that I may merge with my Lord and Master. ||3||