Gurcharan Singh - Southall

I recently met this guy whose really trying to push his agenda in Southall - ie as an MP etc

In further discussion he was also really pushing a pro-Sikh agenda for the area

I am not sure about this person - he was really pushing the pro Khalistan image but I wasnt sure whether this is his real agenda becuase he didnot give me a genuine feeling about caring for Sikh issues

Anyone have any info on this guy ?

Gurcharan Singh is a Councillor.

He is currently with Conservatives.

He was with labour for a long time, but switched recently.

The reason for the switch was because he felt betrayed by Labour when they FAILED to select him as a Labour Candidate for the post of SOUTHALL MP.

Instead Labour chose to select MP Virendra Sharma as the Labour cadidate.

He felt this was this selection was due to Sharma's strong links with Indian Congress.

I was schocked myself with Gurcharan singh not being chosen as a candidate for Southall MP.

Gurcharan Singh is a well known sikh around Southall. He waited patiently for many years for his chance but that chance never came.

I was disgusted to learn that a former overseas indian congress president was elected as southall MP.

I think Gurcharan made a good move by joining Conservatives. He wasnt gonna be given a chance in labour.

Southall Needs a Sikh representative to represent the majority Sikhs.

Southall Sikhs need to drop their old habbit of continuously voting labour and start voting for people by looking at who they are. Vote sikh.

No1 else will look after sikh intrests.

I like the chap. He been part of sikh community in southall for a long time.

Even during 1984 , when Indra gandhi was assassinated he was on the streets with the sikhs who were celebrating.

he's in this video below at 50 seconds during the sikh celebrations in southall of the assassination of Indra Gandhki..

I think a person like this can really help the sikh cause on the political stage...if only sikhs start voting for him in next election..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3c8ZIOA2TI