Holidays For Amritdharis

Personally I dont think we should be scaring people from Pakistan. We say in Ardas everyday for Guru Ji to bless us with Darshan of Nankana Sahib to do seva. How will Guru Ji fullfill our Ardas if we are afraid to go to such places?
The topic is about holidays, now you are talking about pilgrimage veerji. We have to make every effort to visit Guru Asthans, no matter what. But when it comes to holidays, the purpose is to relax and enjoy. Pilgrimage (hate to use that word as it has no significance in Sikhi) or visiting itihasik Gurughars is different.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I dont think we should be scaring people from Pakistan. We say in Ardas everyday for Guru Ji to bless us with Darshan of Nankana Sahib to do seva. How will Guru Ji fullfill our Ardas if we are afraid to go to such places?
The topic is about holidays, now you are talking about pilgrimage veerji. We have to make every effort to visit Guru Asthans, no matter what. But when it comes to holidays, the purpose is to relax and enjoy. Pilgrimage (hate to use that word as it has no significance in Sikhi) or visiting itihasik Gurughars is different.

I never intended to change the direction of this thread. I always considered pilgramage and vacation to mean the same thing. I mean how many people come from distance countries ( England, UK , Canada. India) to visit during Smagams. This is a vacation and which they relax and enjoy time with the Sadh Sangat. I mean what can be more relaxing/peaceful then Seva.

siqguru syvih qw suKu pwvih nwih q jwihgw jnmu gvwie ] rhwau ]

sathigur saevehi thaa sukh paavehi naahi th jaahigaa janam gavaae || rehaao ||

If you serve the True Guru, you shall find peace; otherwise, you shall depart, after wasting away your life in vain. ||Pause||

I think when we do Ardas I dont think we are asking Guru Ji for darshan of Nankana Sahib for pilgrmage/historical reasons. We are asking GUru Ji to let us spend our time in serving in his house. Honestly, If I was married and I was going on vacation besides Anandpur Sahib I couldnt imagine any other place to visit and do seva where it is needed. THis would be a major blessing from Guru JI.

JUST COME TO CANADA, MAN!!

Visit Toronto, Ontario.

It's the best place on Earth for a relaxing visit!!

Actually I hear Vancouver is better then Toronto :lol: . BUt then again if you are in North American you might as well come to California since it is better then Toronto and Vancouver. :p