VaahegurooJeeKaaKhaalsaa, VaahegurooJeeKeeFaateh!!

Khalsa Camp 2009 is proberly one of the best camps I have been to ever!! Having sangat with gurmukh pyare Bhai Surjit Singh, Bhai Jarnail Singh and Bhai Raghbir Singh was amazing and with guru jee's grace they made the camp what is was. Amrit Vela simran sessions, lectures, veechaara and sangat were amazing!!

VaahegurooJeeKaaKhaalsaa, VaahegurooJeeKeeFaateh!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waheguru, now i can understand why everyone enjoyed camp so much beacuse the first time EVER! khalsa camp has had a sachkhand

and where there is satkaar for maharaj thats where all the anand is :)

dhan dhan sahib sri guru granth sahib ji sache pita waheguru

really?

cos as far as i know many many people have enjoyed khalsa camps all of the other times too

so im afraid your slightly confused.

waheguru, now i can understand why everyone enjoyed camp so much beacuse the first time EVER! khalsa camp has had a sachkhand

and where there is satkaar for maharaj thats where all the anand is smile.gif

dhan dhan sahib sri guru granth sahib ji sache pita waheguru

stop doing nindia please of khalsa camp. don't be a smart ar*e

camp was beautiful. miss is lots!

ermmm thats not nindiya of kc ...im sure it was amazing

but the fact that they have never had a sachkhand before wont change

without satkaar for maharaj theres no point of anything!!! ... im just saying with maharajs kirpa there was finally a sachkhand!!! which is mandatory as per maryada!

ermmmm not true! The reason they never had a saachkhand before is because Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh said it is allowed if there is no spare room avaliable. If you came to KC08 you would know that because they explained to the campers why there is no saachkhand.

Anyway, Camp was wikid!

Seems like a very good camp this year.

Thanks for uploading the photos techno. I cant believe i missed it. I had to go this course and learn Higher level GCSE and A level chemistry in a week. Waheguru

Regarding Shadow's comments, the above points at 08 and 07 camps were made by making reference to the SGPC maryada, not Bhai Sahib.

When will the DVD box set from 08 camp be released?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• I can only go by my experiences as a child learning in a Gurdwara (even if this was a while ago). The provisions back then were 'woefully inadequate'. The cultural divide between teachers and children - enormous!  But given the changes that have taken place since then with both understanding and technology, this shouldn't be an issue like it was before.  There was no financial incentive for them to preserve it (which dictates what most apnay parents push their kids into), and all quarters tell us that it is an underdeveloped language, which is partially true because people haven't adapted it to the 21st century, and most writings are boring/irrelevant to diasporan children because they largely consist of 'pendu navel gazing'. I imagine initiatives like this are aimed at trying to rectify that?       I've met a few Alevi Turks in the UK (who are descendants of a movement affiliated to Rumi's work), they have no idea about this and can't read their own texts. Some even didn't know about Rumi.  But, what you're saying is right, but should we be surprised when gianis seem like crusty, out of date people to most youngsters? Also, when the following type of stuff is promoted way over any serious linguistic/intellectual type stuff:    
    • I’ve never come across an apana that brings any trade skills from Punjab when they come over either as students or through marriage. Driving a tractor-trolley is probably the only skill they can transfer over to, perhaps, trucking, lol. They don’t really value quality trademanship over there from what I’ve seen. You get hacks and jugaadis doing odd jobs around the pind with more artistic trades being brought in from other states (at least that’s what I saw from the few villages I visited). I didn’t see construction companies comparable to even the small-sized ones apaney often start here in Canada, and probably same for UK. The bigger construction projects like roads and towers (in Mohali) appeared to be run by non-punjabis, including the labor. Vast number of apany fall into trades when they arrive here, yet they never bother learning these skills from back home, instead they pursue useless degrees that have no value here or in their native place. There’s no career counselling and diversification in the schooling system. Kids go through the system for the sake of it, not to actually pick up skills they could use in their local economy
    • How's the construction industry going on in Panjab? I see loads of other Indians, even here in the UK, doing high level jobs in that field, and they look like they've been trained back home.  Why isn't this industry blowing up in Panjab? What about structural engineers, civil engineers etc etc.  
    • That is THE most contributing factor for reduction in children, in combination with the lower stigma with using birth control in our community (relative to other Indians). Also, partition terminated the Jatt expansion in the canal colonies and left us with smaller land holdings and less fertile options (like Rajasthan). This meant we could only squeeze out 1-2 generations post-partition of large families with secure land holding transfers with expansion potential. The situation now is that most land holdings are already quite small and farming families know there is no chance of maintaining their economic status without finding a job in the city. So, whether they have 2 kids or no kids, their fortunes are stunted unless they create businesses or expand their skills. In this sense the other castes are doing quite well in fact. They have their businesses that are generating decent steady incomes and easier opportunities for growth (easier to open up a small shop than it is to purchase enough agri land for sustainable income). I’ve seen in my own ancestral village where the dalits have opened up small shops in front of their homes or have ventured out into nearby townships and started small businesses. Quite remarkable actually as they’ve managed to eclipse the stagnant jatt families.

Important Information

Terms of Use