Explanation

Guest .

please please could someone explain the following shabad..

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/Page.asp?Sour...mp;ShabadID=395

especially the final tuk. this was a hukamnama and its really really important. thank you.

waheguru

khalsa ji jus lemme knw u ji its not full hukamnama taken by you!!

jus hav a luk again on panna no.142 where it starts, u just end up with same shabad bt u should have to read following pauree aswell .. actual hukam of guru jis is in pauree... go take hukamnama again or read the same one and i hope u`ill understand by its translations as i cant explain it in brief still if your punjabi is gud jus hav a look on Prof. Sahib Singhs Darpan

its on panna no.142

http://www.gurugranthdarpan.com/pdf/0134-0150.pdf

waheguru

bhul chuk maaf

heres the hukamnamma how it suppose to be

This Shabad is by Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Raag Maajh on Pannaa 142

mÚ 1 ]

ma 1 ||

First Mehla:

vyKu ij imTw kitAw kit kuit bDw pwie ]

vaekh j mit(h)aa kattiaa katt kutt badhhaa paae ||

Look, and see how the sugar-cane is cut down. After cutting away its branches, its feet are bound together into bundles,

KuMFw AMdir riK kY dyin su ml sjwie ]

khu(n)dtaa a(n)dhar rakh kai dhaen s mal sajaae ||

and then, it is placed between the wooden rollers and crushed.

rsu ksu ttir pweIAY qpY qY ivllwie ]

ras kas ttattar paaeeai thapai thai vilalaae ||

What punishment is inflicted upon it! Its juice is extracted and placed in the cauldron; as it is heated, it groans and cries out.

BI so Pogu smwlIAY idcY Aig jwlwie ]

bhee so fog samaaleeai dhichai ag jaalaae ||

And then, the crushed cane is collected and burnt in the fire below.

nwnk imTY pqrIAY vyKhu lokw Awie ]2]

naanak mit(h)ai pathareeai vaekhahu lokaa aae ||2||

Nanak: come, people, and see how the sweet sugar-cane is treated! ||2||

pvVI ]

pavarree ||

Pauree:

ieknw mrxu n iciq Aws GxyirAw ]

eikanaa maran n chith aas ghanaeriaa ||

Some do not think of death; they entertain great hopes.

mir mir jMmih inq iksY n kyirAw ]

mar mar ja(n)mehi nith kisai n kaeriaa ||

They die, and are re-born, and die, over and over again. They are of no use at all!

AwpnVY min iciq khin cMgyirAw ]

aapanarrai man chith kehan cha(n)gaeriaa ||

In their conscious minds, they call themselves good.

jmrwjY inq inq mnmuK hyirAw ]

jamaraajai nith nith manamukh haeriaa ||

The King of the Angels of Death hunts down those self-willed manmukhs, over and over again.

mnmuK lUx hwrwm ikAw n jwixAw ]

manamukh loon haaraam kiaa n jaaniaa ||

The manmukhs are false to their own selves; they feel no gratitude for what they have been given.

bDy krin slwm Ksm n BwixAw ]

badhhae karan salaam khasam n bhaaniaa ||

Those who merely perform rituals of worship are not pleasing to their Lord and Master.

scu imlY muiK nwmu swihb BwvsI ]

sach milai mukh naam saahib bhaavasee ||

Those who attain the True Lord and chant His Name are pleasing to the Lord.

krsin qKiq slwmu iliKAw pwvsI ]11]

karasan thakhath salaam likhiaa paavasee ||11||

They worship the Lord and bow at His Throne. They fulfill their pre-ordained destiny. ||11||

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Hukumnama is for you to deduce as it needs to be linked to your personal situation before it will make sense. Perhaps this will help: Guru Sahib is giving example of sugarcane full of sweet sugar, sugar may represent maya and thus sugarcane may represent a manmukh how is filled with love for maya. This does explain why sugarcane has been written to go through a lot of hardship. Hope that helps you understand it better.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

vyKu ij imTw kitAw kit kuit bDw pwie ]

vaekh j mit(h)aa kattiaa katt kutt badhhaa paae ||

Look, and see how the sugar-cane is cut down. After cutting away its branches, its feet are bound together into bundles,

KuMFw AMdir riK kY dyin su ml sjwie ]

khu(n)dtaa a(n)dhar rakh kai dhaen s mal sajaae ||

and then, it is placed between the wooden rollers and crushed.

rsu ksu ttir pweIAY qpY qY ivllwie ]

ras kas ttattar paaeeai thapai thai vilalaae ||

What punishment is inflicted upon it! Its juice is extracted and placed in the cauldron; as it is heated, it groans and cries out.

BI so Pogu smwlIAY idcY Aig jwlwie ]

bhee so fog samaaleeai dhichai ag jaalaae ||

And then, the crushed cane is collected and burnt in the fire below.

nwnk imTY pqrIAY vyKhu lokw Awie ]2]

naanak mit(h)ai pathareeai vaekhahu lokaa aae ||2||

Nanak: come, people, and see how the sweet sugar-cane is treated! ||2||

I believe there is only one meaning to each Shabad, but thousands of different understandings. Personally what I understand In regards to this Shabad is the Sugar refers to the Atma contained in the body.

In the last Tuk I think Guru Ji is saying " The other people residing in Dharam Rais court whos punishments will also be recieved have come to see how the Atma has been stamped. I think the word pattreeahe means letter, stamp, envelope,etc. In Japji Sahib there is mentions

ndrI krim pvY nIswxu ]

nadharee karam pavai neesaan ||

They receive the Mark of Grace from the Merciful Lord.

kc pkweI EQY pwie ]

kach pakaaee outhhai paae ||

The ripe and the unripe, the good and the bad, shall there be judged.

In Dharam Rais court those people who have the stamp of Naam Simran they will be judged as good, ripe, but those that dont will be judged as bad, unripe their atma will be thrown into burning fire.

I have limited knowledge on Bani and Sikhi.

For me, I have interpreted this as a reminder of how painful death is, how even those thought of as 'sweet' or good will still be punished. This is how manmukhs are treated. The sugar cane bit seems like the Guru Ji using an analogy to remind people of death.

Guru Ji always teaches us to remember death, lest we forget it and forget about our time limit and start to waver from the path of Righteousness.

For me, I have interpreted this as a reminder of how painful death is, how even those thought of as 'sweet' or good will still be punished. This is how manmukhs are treated. The sugar cane bit seems like the Guru Ji using an analogy to remind people of death.

aadeeth dharam at dheeth karam

God's justice is invisible and ideal. God's actions are performed boldly with courage for both good and bad.

The Hukamnama Sahib is telling you to 'start' reciting his Bani because it won't matter, as the Wicked Warrior has mentioned, if you are 'good' or 'bad'. It'll be useless.

i.e. You've been good all your life but never recited Gurbani or Naam even once then you are as good as the bad person. For the purpose of life is to remember God and then to merge into him deeply, that is: become ONE with him through his creation.

dheebaan eaeko kalam eaekaa hamaa thumhaa mael ||

There is only One Court of the Lord, and He has only one pen; there, you and I shall meet.

This one pen is fair to everyone. Good or Bad, this pen spells JUSTICE 'correctly' in every way.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.