Krishan Is Called An Insect In Sri Dasam Granth

Yes, Singh_soldier is correct KEET means worm and what he says is true in, I believe , Akaal Ustat Sahib Ji.

Having said that Guru Ji also writes about Bhagwan Krishan Ji in glowing terms in Krishan Avatar. I think we need to understand the context in which the bani is written.

This is not however a contradiction, Guru Ji on one hand writes about Bhagwan Krishen Jis bravery yet also reminds us that Akaal Purk is so great that He has created millions of Krishans and Rams and then destroyed them.

Bundha,

U need to read krishan avataar AGAIN. The real HERO of krishan avataar is KHARAG SINGH, who held krishan by his hair and threw him down. The stories of avataars are RE-WRITTEN by Dashmesh Pita for his sikhs. The names of chracters are chosen to convey messages to sikhs.

Lets NOT argue about this subject adn I think the mods shoudl consider closing it down.

Anyway, here is a line from the GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI Maharaj :

Page469 Line 15 Raag Aasaa: Guru Angad Dev

eyk ik®snµ srb dyvw dyv dyvw q Awqmw ]

eaek kirasanan sarab dhaevaa dhaev dhaevaa th aathamaa ||

The One Lord Krishna is the Divine Lord of all; He is the Divinity of the individual soul.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets AVOID Beadbi,as Warrior adn Chokarawala say.

If Lord Krishen was a mere mortal why would Guru Gobind Singh ji dedicate almost an entire Granth to him?

Dasm Granth, I have read and is dedicated to Lord Krishen from Page 170 onwards adn tells his story, ie how he killed Kansa and the Mahabharat epic.

Kharag Singh?? who is that, I havent come across him?

http://www.sridasam.org/dasam?Action=Page&p=98

ਕਿਤੇ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ ਸੇ ਕੀਟ ਕੋਟੈ ਬਨਾਏ ॥ ਕਿਤੇ ਰਾਮ ਸੇ ਮੇਟਿ ਡਾਰੇ ਉਪਾਏ ॥

किते क्रिसन से कीट कोटै बनाए ॥ किते राम से मेटि डारे उपाए ॥

Somewhere He hath created millions of the INSECTS like Krishna. Somewhere He hath effaced and then created (many) like Rama.

The interesting thing is if Krishna is called an insect then why is Raam not called one? After all they are both considered to be Hindu deities.

Somewhere He hath created millions of the INSECTS like Krishna. Somewhere He hath effaced and then created (many) like Rama.

The interesting thing is if Krishna is called an insect then why is Raam not called one? After all they are both considered to be Hindu deities.

Thats a nice question. Both raam and krishan came to this earth. According to Hindu religious texts, they were avataars of vishnu.

Both Ram and Krishan did good and bad actions (just like other mortals). May be the bad actions of Krishan were more bad than the bad actions of Ram and thats why krishan is called an insect.

Ram is also not praised. Many like ram came and went. They were not able to escape the mighty Kaal. They were not able to wash their karmaa and had to face the Mighty Kaal upon their death.

I truly pity the mindset that seeks to find support from hatred in the scriptures

the Dasam Granth as far as I am aware in its various translations have given the meaning as stated and not as insect

if thats what you choose to beleive then thats up to you but it does not make it true

you have to try and grasp the full meaning of the teachings and not pick and choose whatever suits your agenda

Thats a nice question. Both raam and krishan came to this earth. According to Hindu religious texts, they were avataars of vishnu.

Both Ram and Krishan did good and bad actions (just like other mortals). May be the bad actions of Krishan were more bad than the bad actions of Ram and thats why krishan is called an insect.

Ram is also not praised. Many like ram came and went. They were not able to escape the mighty Kaal. They were not able to wash their karmaa and had to face the Mighty Kaal upon their death.

Maybe this maybe that...maybe, just maybe someone made a mistake with translations. Oh but of course that is impossible! :rolleyes:

thing is krisna is called keet and according to my knowledge keet is a useless insect. now why wasn't ram called a keet? only god knows i guess.

Ram and Ganesha are Hindu dieties. Why Ram is not an elephnat? The interesting thing is if Ganesha has a trunk then why is Raam does not have one? After all they are both considered to be Hindu deities.