Krishan Is Called An Insect In Sri Dasam Granth

ਕਿਤੇ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ ਸੇ ਕੀਟ ਕੋਟੈ ਬਨਾਏ ॥

किते क्रिसन से कीट कोटै बनाए ॥

Somewhere He hath created millions of the servants like Krishna.

ਕਿਤੇ = He 'made'

ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ = Krishna

ਸੇ = He 'also'

ਕੀਟ = Made

ਕੋਟੈ = Many other humble devotees like Krishna

ਬਨਾਏ = He made them all.

Kitaa = to do something.

Maharaj Ji is too humble, unlike us, to call anyone anything wrong. We must understand this. Ego makes us crazy, think we are right all the time.

Many words have more than one meaning to them. :p

:y: :y: :y:

it is the fault of the more religiously aware forumites for not being able to bring everyone to their side. Most folks who are religious simultaneously come across as very narrow or chauvinist type and are not able to present arguments that would attract anyone else to their side. And neither do I think that is in their set of goals either.

What the hell are you talking about you have no idea, Our Guru's empowered the whole nation state of Punjab to stand against tyranny and oppression and in doing so liberated the entire sub continent of india from the grasp of the moughals.

Also the Guru's of Sikhi sent by Vaheguru elevated the position of women more than any faith before or since

Sikhi teaches it adherents to pursue truth, righteous living, and equality. Unlike hinduism/islam which have racism, chauvinism and segregationist views inherent in their doctrines.

ਕੀਟ in view of Mahaankosh

ਸੰ. ਸੰਗਾ- ਕੀੜਾ. ''ਕੀਟ ਹਸਤਿ ਸਗਲ ਪੂਰਾਨ.'' (ਗੌਂਡ ਮ ੫) ੨. ਭਾਵ- ਤੁੱਛ. ਅਦਨਾ। ੩. ਵਿ- ਕਠੋਰ. ਸਤ। ੪. ਕੈਟਭ ਅਸੁਰ ਦੀ ਥਾਂ ਭੀ ਕੀਟ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਆਇਆ ਹੈ. ''ਸਹਸਬਾਹੁ ਮਧੁ ਕੀਟ ਮਹਿਖਾਸਾ.'' (ਗਉ ਅ ਮ ੧) ਸਹਸ੍ਰਬਾਹੁ, ਮਧੁ, ਕੈਟਭ ਅਤੇ ਮਹਿਖਾਸੁਰ. ਦੇਖੋ, ਕੈਟਭ। ੫. ਦੇਖੋ, ਕਿਰਮ.

^^ Great, lets just take meaning of each word and just join them to make a sentence. Oh then we will get a perfect translation :rolleyes:

Yes the word ਕੀਟ means insect, but that does not necessarily mean that Krishna is being called an insect.

why are there so many hindus/hindu sympathisers on this forum, trying to distort Sikhi??
Why are there so many Hindu bashers on this forum, trying to fill it with hate?
ਕਿਤੇ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ ਸੇ ਕੀਟ ਕੋਟੈ ਬਨਾਏ ॥ ਕਿਤੇ ਰਾਮ ਸੇ ਮੇਟਿ ਡਾਰੇ ਉਪਾਏ ॥
Another POSSIBLE translation may be that just as God has made many many insects he has also made many many Krishna's.

But of course, just because I am not bashing something related to the Hindu faith, the translation is blatantly wrong. :rolleyes: It may very well be wrong, but at least consider it first.

It is a common misconception by some uninformed people that Guru Gobind Singh ji workshipped the Hindu deities he wrote about. They are misled by the compositions on Sri Ram Chandra Ji, Baghwan Krishan Ji, Vishnu in the Chaubis Avtar and the vars of Chandi. They assume that since Guru ji praised them in verse, he must have admired and worshipped them also. These often 'learned' persons fail to recognise the fact that nowhere in his writings does Guru Ji accept them as anything other than the creations of the Formless Akal.

In reality Guru Sahib Ji wrote about them in the language of the people drawing from the mythological lore current at that time. He wrote about their exploits in colouful martial language to raise courage in the hearts of all who read them. It is meaningless to make one's own deductions while ignoring the words of the Guru which are very clear.

Guru Ji writes in the Akal Ustat (Eulogy to God):

The Lord Akal creates millions of Krishna, annihilates them and recreates them.

Some hang stones as gods around their necks, while others erroneously call Mahesh 'God'

I have discarded all these false religions and am of the firm view that He who is the creator of the Universe, is the only Lord.

Everyone is caught in the noose of Death, no Rama or prophet can escape from it. All of them who made grand claims of being Avtars of God died repentant. Why doest not thou, O, hapless being seek the shelter of the One Lord. (15th swayya)

In clear concise language Guru Sahib Ji states :

I do not seek the blessings of Ganesh,

I do not worship Krishna or Vishnu.

I do not recognise them.

I am engrossed in the loving devotion of my Lord alone.

The Lord of Death, Akal, is my refuge and He saves me is all tribulations.

(Krishan Avtar, 434)

it is the fault of the more religiously aware forumites for not being able to bring everyone to their side. Most folks who are religious simultaneously come across as very narrow or chauvinist type and are not able to present arguments that would attract anyone else to their side. And neither do I think that is in their set of goals either.

What the hell are you talking about you have no idea, Our Guru's empowered the whole nation state of Punjab to stand against tyranny and oppression and in doing so liberated the entire sub continent of india from the grasp of the moughals.

No denying that. He has indeed created a race of brave people. Or atleast given his followers a brave and inspiring code to live upto.

Also the Guru's of Sikhi sent by Vaheguru elevated the position of women more than any faith before or since

female infanticide .. honor killings in Punjab .. ring a bell ? So obviously though women were defended and protected from being dishonoured at the hands of vandals. treatment by ones own kind is not upto scratch isn't it ?

Sikhi teaches it adherents to pursue truth, righteous living, and equality. Unlike hinduism/islam which have racism, chauvinism and segregationist views inherent in their doctrines.

then why are jat sikhs fighting chamar sikhs and jat sikhs fighting bhapa sikhs ?

Please do not take offence at my comments like that other benji did, but I ask these questions because these are so obvious and glaring and are bound to be asked by someone at sometime to such arguments. Or else folks may not say anything openly but atleast smirk/snigger under their breath when they listen to someone saying such big things.

First and formost I remember Bhaguti Ji (GOD) and then set my mind on Guru Nanak. Then I seek the help of Guru Angad, Guru Amar Das and Guru Ram Das. Arjan, Hargobind and (Guru) Har Rai be remembered. Sri Harkrishan be meditated upon whose mere glimpse removes all sorrows. (Guru) Tegh Bahadur be remembered as it causes home to flourish. They all help me at all times.

The Lord first created Khanda, the double edged sword and then his manifest world. Having created Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva, He created the entire play of Kudrat (manifest world). He created the oceans, mountains, earth and sky which stands above, unsupported by any pillars. He created both gods(deities) and demons and then created polemic. It was You who created Durga so as to destroy the demons. Rama also took strength from you to kill Ravan with his arrow. Krishan also got strength from You and thus threw down Kansa by his hair. Many great deities and ascetics underwent hard austerities, but none could fathom thy greatness.

As can be seen from this opening passage that Guru Gobind Singh Ji draws all his strength and inspiration from the one formless God, Akal Purkh. He says that Durga was created by You, O Lord. How then can Guru Ji be worshipping Durga ?

Macauliffe (scholar) gives three reasons for the translations from Hindu mythology and the hindu epics:

* To dispel cowardice and incite to bravery by filling the minds of his followers with heroic examples.

* To show what a brave woman (the goddess Chandi) could achieve in battle so as to spur brave men on to surpass her achievments.

* To have his Sikhs see the inferiority of the Hindu sacred writings and so appreciate those of their own Gurus more.

>> Macauliffe (scholar)

oh well. Some racist Englishman out to divide the natives as part of his job profile, is now believed to give an accurate transcription of the Sikh gurus words.

Guys DO NOT fall for the devil while running away from the deep sea.

female infanticide .. honor killings in Punjab .. ring a bell ? So obviously though women were defended and protected from being dishonoured at the hands of vandals. treatment by ones own kind is not upto scratch isn't it ?

Culture and Faith are different

GOI conspiracy ring a bell??

Distorting Sikhi by sponsoring many fake baba's and sects

mobile sex testing vans and subsidised abortions to further encourage female infanticide

then why are jat sikhs fighting chamar sikhs and jat sikhs fighting bhapa sikhs ?

Caste system is a hindu plague

Again hindu culture and traditions in the form and 'panjabism' and Sikhi are not the same

In clear concise language Guru Gobind Sahib Ji states :

I do not seek the blessings of Ganesh,

I do not worship Krishna or Vishnu.

I do not recognise them.

I am engrossed in the loving devotion of my Lord alone.

The Lord of Death, Akal, is my refuge and He saves me in all tribulations.

(Krishan Avtar, 434)