Rituals & Ceremonies in Sikhism

Okay......let's try this, I give up, U All Win !

Now, that you have won, convince me that those rituals I stated, are necessary for me gain the Love or Grace of The Eternal Lord. By telling me:

Your affiliations are not in accordance with gurmat, and the khalsa panth, plain and simple.

How do I get these under my belt then ?

Dont know what all this is about, so how do I get regard for Guru's teachings, show respect and follow by example ?

Masti,

Its not a matter of winning/losing, we're all here to understand each other, and try to follow those who've been enlightened by the grace of satguru, and always strive to make yourself a better person.

There's a mutual understanding in the Sikh faith about gurmat(basic principals of the gurus), among all the Sikhs, and all of them understand that.

You focused on "RITUALS", which is a prescribed religious practice, these practices come naturally once you have love for NAAM, once you have humility, etc. These practices are just an expression of love/respect/understanding, there's nothing really "ritualistic" about it. You have to practice meditating on the lord, praying, living life a certain way, ONLY then can you realize what these practices are all about.

My two cents!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SikhForLife
Give Time a chance, for losers to become winners, Time is of the essence

gluck with your endeavors.. i dont think anyone of us cares if you WIN or LOSE.. but if you WIN and find the truth.. .. and God shows his grace on you.. god bless..

btw do i smell another bird?

Let's play ball again (I've had my cup of tea) here's something to chew on, explain me and those reading this post the meaning behind these statements from the Gurus in the Guru Granth Sahib:

Page 75

Pilgrimages, fasts, purification and self-discipline are of no use, nor are rituals, religious ceremonies or empty worship.

Page 635

Hope and desire are entrapments, O Siblings of Destiny. Religious rituals and ceremonies are traps.

Page 1285

Some are tied down by rituals; they hassle themselves to death.

Page 1298

The body is not purified by millions of rituals.

Page 1332

The Brahmins study and argue about the scriptures; they perform ceremonial rituals, and lead others in these rituals.

Page 1334

- he may perform all sorts of rituals and accumulate wealth, but in the end, he will fall into hell. ||4||

Page 1343

The ritual cleansings of the sinner are fradulent; his rituals and decorations are useless and empty. ||2||

Page 1377

- no matter what pilgrimages, fasts and rituals they follow, they will all go to hell. ||233||

Page 1423

They perform religious rituals of purity and self-discipline, but they are filled with greed, evil and corruption.

Just a friendly reminder, I didn't write these from my head, The Gurus did......! :umm:

Next time try giving the whole shabad, the whole tuk, or even the whole page and not just the line that u find easiest to mininterpret.

I feel I'm being singled out here...., there are numerous posts here in the Forum, where people (Mod inc) have used one line or two to express their thoughts. Dont make me feel guilty ! :umm:

This is just pure ignorance, I don't even want to reply to your posts, but I just can't help but point it out.. :umm: @ :D @ :( @

Can you read? Or are you on some type of medication? Because that entire post I wrote was on rituals, you don't even know the meaning of a ritual yet you claim certain things in sikhi to be ritualistic, you fool, go and get a life.

Its evident you're just trying to degrade sikhi rather than trying to understand the concepts of it, and everyone on this board knows, what we do with people like you. hit.gif

:nihungsmile: