Non Sikhs Marrying Sikhs In A Gurdwara

SaRpAnCh

Asian Network provides a base for stubborn non-rehat sikhs to dispute amongst those who keep rehat so they can all feel better.

True.. but let the sell-outs control the air-waves, we gotta make sure we control the Guru Ghars and Where Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj goes.

Just over the last 3 weeks over 6 GuruGhars (that we know of) conducted mixed faith marriages - against Akal Thakt guidelines. A straight slap in our face.

My brother,

You can say what ever you like. You seem naive and immature, in way of your thought. Amrithdhari are a minority in the Sikh faith, you know that and everyone in the world knows that. This rubbish about quality not quantity, mate we can’t even afford our own TV channel and Muslims have more than 10 channels and they are free to view. Muslims have the majority and they get equal amount of funding.

On the political front, there is no say for minority, but the majority has a say. You guys are all on living on cloud kuku land, wake up smell the coffee and stop day dreaming. The world is not against the panth, is just people like you and the media which feed of it. If you are going to give some crap about 1984, I have heard it before and yes we should respect what has happened, but we shouldn’t let it judge our thought process on decisions made for the entire Sikh faith. Mate, these called sell outs are the one that keeps the Sikh faith in respectable view of the public, if any of you fundamentalist had any say , we would be all classed as the Taliban.

Think first before you say something, that’s why god gave you intelligence. (Just some wise words)

Guru Fethay

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asian Network provides a base for stubborn non-rehat sikhs to dispute amongst those who keep rehat so they can all feel better.

True.. but let the sell-outs control the air-waves, we gotta make sure we control the Guru Ghars and Where Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj goes.

Just over the last 3 weeks over 6 GuruGhars (that we know of) conducted mixed faith marriages - against Akal Thakt guidelines. A straight slap in our face.

My brother,

You can say what ever you like. You seem naive and immature, in way of your thought. Amrithdhari are a minority in the Sikh faith, you know that and everyone in the world knows that. This rubbish about quality not quantity, mate we can’t even afford our own TV channel and Muslims have more than 10 channels and they are free to view. Muslims have the majority and they get equal amount of funding.

On the political front, there is no say for minority, but the majority has a say. You guys are all on living on cloud kuku land, wake up smell the coffee and stop day dreaming. The world is not against the panth, is just people like you and the media which feed of it. If you are going to give some crap about 1984, I have heard it before and yes we should respect what has happened, but we shouldn’t let it judge our thought process on decisions made for the entire Sikh faith. Mate, these called sell outs are the one that keeps the Sikh faith in respectable view of the public, if any of you fundamentalist had any say , we would be all classed as the Taliban.

Think first before you say something, that’s why god gave you intelligence. (Just some wise words)

Guru Fethay

Muslims have 10 channels- Easy!.. they have 55 nations with GDP's spent on promoting Islam - use your head!

Sikhs dont even have a religion according to Indian institution, let a alone a state, nation or any budget.

Why would i care what the media portray us as?

Just read our History.. From the Guru ji's, to Shaheeds during Misle, to Shaheeds during British to Shaheeds during 1984 to Shaheeds nows, and our brothers in arms (i.e. Soorma Jagtaar singh Hawara) - We have always been portrayed as extremists, terrorists, outlaws.

Our Father, Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaaj was an outlaw.

I have no time for far left liberal ramblings.. join ppl like Sunny Hundal and write endless coloumns - All gibberish.

My brother,

You can say what ever you like. You seem naive and immature, in way of your thought. Amrithdhari are a minority in the Sikh faith, you know that and everyone in the world knows that. This rubbish about quality not quantity, mate we can't even afford our own TV channel and Muslims have more than 10 channels and they are free to view. Muslims have the majority and they get equal amount of funding.

On the political front, there is no say for minority, but the majority has a say. You guys are all on living on cloud kuku land, wake up smell the coffee and stop day dreaming. The world is not against the panth, is just people like you and the media which feed of it. If you are going to give some crap about 1984, I have heard it before and yes we should respect what has happened, but we shouldn't let it judge our thought process on decisions made for the entire Sikh faith. Mate, these called sell outs are the one that keeps the Sikh faith in respectable view of the public, if any of you fundamentalist had any say , we would be all classed as the Taliban.

Think first before you say something, that's why god gave you intelligence. (Just some wise words)

Guru Fethay

Muslims have 10 channels- Easy!.. they have 55 nations with GDP's spent on promoting Islam - use your head!

Sikhs dont even have a religion according to Indian institution, let a alone a state, nation or any budget.

Why would i care what the media portray us as?

Just read our History.. From the Guru ji's, to Shaheeds during Misle, to Shaheeds during British to Shaheeds during 1984 to Shaheeds nows, and our brothers in arms (i.e. Soorma Jagtaar singh Hawara) - We have always been portrayed as extremists, terrorists, outlaws.

Our Father, Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaaj was an outlaw.

I have no time for far left liberal ramblings.. join ppl like Sunny Hundal and write endless coloumns - All gibberish.

Because people like Sunny Hundal, knock people like you for 6. There is a calm and collective way of discussion, but you guys like to jump the bullet and don’t think. What is the difference in you and the Taliban? You both have extreme point of views, you have no time for left liberals because they question what you say and there are no answers. If you explain your point of view in a calm and collective manner, mate people will listen, plus you will create nimartha within yourself.

About the Muslim channels, you are right, they have a colossal amount of funds, but majority of there funds comes from Muslims in this country. Then we have the Astha channel, was charged before now free to view. This is a totally different topic so I will leave it here.<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

As for the liberal views, there is no difference in you and BNP. There is a form of racism.

Guru fethay

Citizen Soulman writes such bile, or in his language "crap" its laughable.

I will answer his Colourful ( red, white and blue), large fonted - Childish post :

1. When I say SIKH, Hindu, Muslim are just name tags, what I mean is we are ONE family, HUMANITY, belonging to ONE creator.

True spirituality has no name or boundary.

---------------------------

2. When I say Guru Ji would not REFUSE anyone, what i mean is if a NON Sikh wanted to marry a sikh in the gurdwara, OUR LOVING Gurus would not refuse them, they would ALLOW them.

Our gurus preached LOVE and TOLERANCE fo ALL RELIGIONS, SON.

---------------------------

3. No where does it say in the granth sahib that a non sikh can not marry a SIKH in the Gurdwara, I am only bound by the Granth sahib, not by a rehat maryada that CAN BE at times, susceptible to change and dictoral

ISLAM preached closed Society and Dictoral regimes, Our Gurus preached OPENESS and ONENESS

----------------------------

4. The Lavaa written by Guru ram Dass Ji, is a prayer which talks aboutu the Unbreakable, Everlasting union between the SOUL and GOD. Guru Ji NEVER said it was to be used for MARRIAGE.

None of our gurus USED these LAVAA for marriage purposes, as the LAVAA are a prayer - talking about the union of the soul with god.

READ IT

I think its wrong of people to use the lavaa for marraige today, - THE FORM ADAPTED IN 1909, after passing of the ANAND KAraj Act in 1909. As the Lavaa prayer talk of an unbreakable union between the souls and god, however people today, who get married under it, get divorced, hence BREAK that union within 4 months.

-----------------------------

5. Actually my local gurdwara is a not a Ravidassia gurdwara ( although I have the same respect andlove for all gurdwaras and am NOT RACIST against ravidassi gurdwaras like seem to be). My local gurdwara has inter faith marriages all the time. Ieven attende a marriage in Birmingham lately where a non sikh amrried a sikh.

OUR GURUS DID NOT BELIEVE IN CASTE DISCRIMINATION OR IN ANY SORT OF DISCRIMIANTION BETWEEN RELIGONS-MANKIND - SO WHY DO YOU WANT TO?

-----------------------------

6. On the Contrary Mr Citizen Soulman - what you call dillution, I see as Expansion and Encompassing all MANKIND INTO SIKHI.

SPREAD THE LOVE OF THE GURUS, DONT BE DICTORAL OR SPREAD HATE. WE ARE NTO A CLOSED RELIGON LIKE ISLAM, WE ARE FREE JUST LIKE OUR GURUS WANTED.

If someone has enough PYAAR to want to be married in the gurdwara let them, the seed will be sowed and eventually they may become GURSIKH

-------------------------------------------------------------------

PS : Citizen Soulja -

You HATE - HINDUS ,

You think RAVIDASSIA's are wrong and dont follow Rehat Maryada- Anger/Ego,

You think Sikhs with cut hair are NOT SIKH - PRIDE, ANGER/EGO

...and YOU want other SIKHS to follow what YOU say????.......RID yourself of YOU vices rather than trying to be a a dictator.

PS : i am also TRYING to work to be a better person by doing so myslef.

Bhull chuk maafe

i look at this issue in a very simple way .blame me for being simplistic . here goes ....

A gurudwara is the house of Gurujee where Gurujee sits on His couch/throne and receives his Sikhs i.e His children. Even when non -Sikhs visit Gurujee, the automatic thing would be to fall in love with Gurujee and become His Sikh .

A child of Gurujee would be longing to marry another child of Gurujee so they both can live a Sikhi based life. This is not being racist etc, its a matter of personal preference to live your life with a person with whom you can awake and jaap naam, do nitnem, go to satsang with, etc. It would be hell on earth if you want to be up chanting waheguru at 2 a.m but your partner wants a night of sex between 2a.m to 6 a.m hahaaaa .

If you truly loved Gurujee, and somehow ''fell in love'' with a non sikh, reason tells me, no time would be wasted in that person becoming a sikh as you would be a really powerful force of inspiration for that person. Hence that person would have long become a sikh well b4 you got married.

If two people are sikhs just by name or one some 'nominal' sikh by name ,and the other a non sikh, then i do wonder, what you do have to do, with getting married in a sikh gurudwara as you give 2 dime about Gurujee in your day to day life. Why do you want sought the blessings of a Guru you couldnt give a toss about in your personal life and whose teachings you consider outdated and irrelevent and too religous for comfort in your ''modern '' material lifestyle. In that case, why not marry at a registry, or more better at a portuguese villa.

We need stop treating Gurudwaras as cultural places for marriages between people fancying something traditional or ethnic, but remember a Gurudwara is the house of God for sober reflection as to the direction, aim ,and focus of your life which has come as a gift from God to love ,surrender and worship Him.

Guru Ji would not bless any Sikh marriage if both bride and groom had not pledged their spiritual alligence to him, it is pointless for a non-sikh to marry a Sikh in a gurdwara because they are not following the same faith. Whole idea of marrying someone in a Gurdwara in the presence of Guru ji is because both follow the same spiritual path. So it is mandatory that the non-Sikh converts to Sikhism or the couple forget about Sikhism and marry anywhere they like apart from Gurdwara in a Sikh marriage ceremony.

Guru Ji would not bless any Sikh marriage if both bride and groom had not pledged their spiritual alligence to him, it is pointless for a non-sikh to marry a Sikh in a gurdwara because they are not following the same faith. Whole idea of marrying someone in a Gurdwara in the presence of Guru ji is because both follow the same spiritual path. So it is mandatory that the non-Sikh converts to Sikhism or the couple forget about Sikhism and marry anywhere they like apart from Gurdwara in a Sikh marriage ceremony.

It makes me laugh, when I read posts like this. One question, do you know what Guru ji is feeling? Are you in oneness with mighty Akaal? If you have answered "no" to any one of these questions, then how can you write a post like this? Your post portrays an image of Guru ji being contradictive.

If the entire Guru's have not discriminated in any way, who gives us the right to say what Guru ji wants, unless you have reached the same level on your spiritual journey and fully understand the want they wanted.

If you give a diamond to an ordinary person and asked him or her to value it, they will not be able to value the diamond unless they had the knowledge to recognise its quality. Same with understanding of Guru ji, you require the spiritual knowledge and uplift to release what Guru ji's really wants.

It makes me laugh, when I read posts like this. One question, do you know what Guru ji is feeling? Are you in oneness with mighty Akaal? If you have answered "no" to any one of these questions, then how can you write a post like this? Your post portrays an image of Guru ji being contradictive.

If the entire Guru's have not discriminated in any way, who gives us the right to say what Guru ji wants, unless you have reached the same level on your spiritual journey and fully understand the want they wanted.

If you give a diamond to an ordinary person and asked him or her to value it, they will not be able to value the diamond unless they had the knowledge to recognise its quality. Same with understanding of Guru ji, you require the spiritual knowledge and uplift to release what Guru ji's really wants.

It is the personal choice if someone marries otherperson but when rehat is concerned then it becomes panthic issuse u can get married in court in case of intercommunity marriages but in case some one insists on ANAND KARAJ then it is firm no ,such marriage in gurdwara is sacrilege. Take example of nagpur where local sikh sangat stopped such marriage and banned such marriages in gurdwara in future.In Jamsheshpur in Madya Pradesh sikh sangat has banned such maariages and mariages of shorn hair persons in gurdwaras. As per guru ji sikh should be like guru ji HUKUM RAJAI CHALNA NANAK LIKHIA NAL. understand its meaning. U r not equal to gursikh how can u talk of changing rehat to which even GURUS were bound. R u equal to gursikh like BANDA SINGH BAHADUR WHO BORE THE TORTURE OF PUTTING HIS OWN SON HEART IN HIS MOUTH ? WHAT ABOUT SINGHNIS WHO GOT THEIR KIDS CUTTINTO PIECEES AND GOT BODY PARTS INTO THEIR MOUTHS AND AND ALSO GOT GARLANDED WITH IT ? WHAT ABOUT A UNKNOWN SIKH WHO FELT DELIGTED TO BE MARTYEDURING BANDA SINGH BHADUR TIMES THEN CLAIMING TO BE NON SIKH?These people just followed the REhat and cosisdered themselves as humble sikhs.Then u r nobody to comment upon REHAT . See ur position and position these singhs u r so small before them.

It is the personal choice if someone marries otherperson but when rehat is concerned then it becomes panthic issuse u can get married in court in case of intercommunity marriages but in case some one insists on ANAND KARAJ then it is firm no ,such marriage in gurdwara is sacrilege. Take example of nagpur where local sikh sangat stopped such marriage and banned such marriages in gurdwara in future.In Jamsheshpur in Madya Pradesh sikh sangat has banned such maariages and mariages of shorn hair persons in gurdwaras. As per guru ji sikh should be like guru ji HUKUM RAJAI CHALNA NANAK LIKHIA NAL. understand its meaning. U r not equal to gursikh how can u talk of changing rehat to which even GURUS were bound. R u equal to gursikh like BANDA SINGH BAHADUR WHO BORE THE TORTURE OF PUTTING HIS OWN SON HEART IN HIS MOUTH ? WHAT ABOUT SINGHNIS WHO GOT THEIR KIDS CUTTINTO PIECEES AND GOT BODY PARTS INTO THEIR MOUTHS AND AND ALSO GOT GARLANDED WITH IT ? WHAT ABOUT A UNKNOWN SIKH WHO FELT DELIGTED TO BE MARTYEDURING BANDA SINGH BHADUR TIMES THEN CLAIMING TO BE NON SIKH?These people just followed the REhat and cosisdered themselves as humble sikhs.Then u r nobody to comment upon REHAT . See ur position and position these singhs u r so small before them.

When have I said any thing about the rehyat the gurus followed and so on? My argument is solely on, the rehyat that is followed in the modern era by Amrtithdhari sikhs is not 100% accurate to what the guru's followed (this is totally based on a personal opinion, that i have gathered from research articles and papers). So you are saying, guru's were tied down by this rehyat? that suggest, they were not free in any way from the worldly attachments.

Mate, our Gurus were not bound to anything, they were free souls, soring the sky's like birds. From what I understand, Bani is about Prem (Love). Jin Prem Kiyo, Thin Hi Praab Paayo. To obtain fullness within myself, i would need to learn, how i can love my fellow human being before I take the journey to spritual enlightment. Thats why I try to read Bani and hopefully one day the word of the Guru will allow me to ecsape out of this dullity and the rain drop will merge back into the sea. You or people on this forum may not potray me as a sikh, it does not change my view on life. Well the positive point, I do not carry any label. So my friend we have individual path, you walk your's and i will walk mine.

Good Luck and God Bless.

Guru Fethay.

When have I said any thing about the rehyat the gurus followed and so on? My argument is solely on, the rehyat that is followed in the modern era by Amrtithdhari sikhs is not 100% accurate to what the guru's followed (this is totally based on a personal opinion, that i have gathered from research articles and papers). So you are saying, guru's were tied down by this rehyat? that suggest, they were not free in any way from the worldly attachments.

Mate, our Gurus were not bound to anything, they were free souls, soring the sky's like birds. From what I understand, Bani is about Prem (Love). Jin Prem Kiyo, Thin Hi Praab Paayo. To obtain fullness within myself, i would need to learn, how i can love my fellow human being before I take the journey to spritual enlightment. Thats why I try to read Bani and hopefully one day the word of the Guru will allow me to ecsape out of this dullity and the rain drop will merge back into the sea. You or people on this forum may not potray me as a sikh, it does not change my view on life. Well the positive point, I do not carry any label. So my friend we have individual path, you walk your's and i will walk mine.

Good Luck and God Bless.

Guru Fethay.

Bro u r dilluted by selfstyled scholars REHAT MARYADA is the creation of GURUS that is welldocumented go and see the meaning of REHATNAMAS THESE WERE DICTATED by guru ji and documented by Bhai nand lal ji and SENpati ji who were contemtnary of guru ji it is not our creation. Some leftist scholars disputed it just to subvert the sikhi although their own marx books deserves to be taken by pigs .