Graphic news today about American

I'm sure everyone has seen that horrible news on tv or heard it on the radio. http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ican_beheaded_4

Today' s Hukamnama:

JAITSREE, 5th GURU, CHHANT, FIRST HOUSE:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU: SHALOK:

I am thirsty for the Blessed Vision of the Lord’s Darshan, day and night; I yearn for Him constantly, night and day. Opening the door, O Nanak, the Guru has led me to meet with the Lord, my Friend. || 1 || CHHANT: Listen, O my intimate friend — I have just one prayer to make. I have been wandering around, searching for that enticing, sweet Beloved. Whoever leads me to my Beloved — I would cut off my head and offer it to him, even if I were granted the Blessed Vision of His Darshan for just an instant. My eyes are drenched with the Love of my Beloved; without Him, I do not have even a moment’s peace. My mind is attached to the Lord, like the fish to the water, and the sparrow-hawk, thirsty for the raindrops. Servant Nanak has found the Perfect Guru; his thirst is totally quenched. || 1 || O intimate friend, my Beloved has all these loving companions; I cannot compare to any of them. O intimate friend, each of them is more beautiful than the others; who could consider me? Each of them is more beautiful than the others; countless are His lovers, constantly enjoying bliss with Him. Beholding them, desire wells up in my mind; when will I obtain the Lord, the treasure of vir

tue? I dedicate my mind to those who please and attract my Beloved. Says Nanak, hear my prayer, O happy soul-brides; tell me, what does my Husband Lord look like? || 2 || O intimate friend, my Husband Lord does whatever He pleases; He is not dependent on anyone. O intimate friend, you have enjoyed your Beloved; please, tell me about Him. They alone find their Beloved, who eradicate self-conceit; such is the good destiny written on their foreheads. Taking me by the arm, the Lord and Master has made me His own; He has not considered my merits or demerits. She, whom You have adorned with the necklace of virtue, and dyed in the deep crimson color of His Love — everything looks beautiful on her. O servant Nanak, blessed is that happy soul-bride, who dwells with her Husband Lord. || 3 || O intimate friend, I have found that peace which I sought. My sought-after Husband Lord has come home, and now, congratulations are pouring in. Great joy and happiness welled up, when my Husband Lord, of ever-fresh beauty, showed mercy to me. By great good fortune, I have found Him; the Guru has united me with Him, through the Saadh Sangat, the True Congregation of the Holy. My hopes and desires have all been fulfilled; my Beloved Husband Lord has hugged me close in His embrace. Prays Nanak, I have found that peace which I sought, meeting with the Guru. || 4 || 1 ||

Wednesday 29th Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 12 May, 2004 (Page: 703)

^_^^_^^_^

Whoever leads me to my Beloved — I would cut off my head and offer it to him, even if I were granted the Blessed Vision of His Darshan for just an instant

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I'm sorry if I'm lost - but I don't see the link

yes the muslims might think they've made an offer for God

but the biggest offer is to OFFER THEMSELVES, and not SOMEONEELSE

WHO DOESn'T EVEN WANT TO BE OFFERED.

Still can't see the link - sorry :)

can somoen please explain :wub:

bhull chukk maaf

GurFAteh

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

U.S. vows to find American's killers

FBI: Berg offered 'safe passage' out of Iraq, but he refused

Wednesday, May 12, 2004 Posted: 10:47 PM EDT (0247 GMT)

(CNN) -- The United States said Wednesday it would find out who was behind the brutal murder of Nicholas Berg in Iraq, as the remains of the beheaded U.S. civilian were returned to American soil.

"The U.S. government is committed to a very thorough and robust investigation to get to the bottom of this," Dan Senor, spokesman for the U.S.-led coalition in Iraq, told reporters in Baghdad.

Senor said several agencies will be involved in the investigation, including the Department of Defense and the FBI. "We'll be announcing who takes the lead."

President Bush said "there is no justification" for the murder of the 26-year-old Pennsylvania man that was shown in video on an al Qaeda-linked Web site.

"The actions of the terrorists who executed this man remind us of the nature of a few people who want to stop the advance of freedom in Iraq," Bush said.

"Their intention is to shake our will. Their intention is to shake our confidence. Yet by their actions they remind us of how desperately parts of the world need free societies and peaceful societies."

Berg's body was flown to Dover Air Force Base in Delaware.

A public memorial service for Berg will be held at 3:30 p.m. Friday at a synagogue, congregation Kesher Israel, in his home city o

f West Chester, Pennsylvania, said Carl Goldstein, who is with a funeral home in Philadelphia coordinating the service.

'Psychopaths' will face justice

Iraqi Human Rights Minister Bakhtiar Amin said Iraq would do everything within its power to bring Berg's killers to justice.

"Those psychopaths who committed this immoral crime should be brought before justice very rapidly and get their deserved punishment," Amin said. (Full story)

British Prime Minister Tony Blair described the killing as "a truly barbaric act."

The United Arab Emirates condemned the beheading as a "heinous crime against the civilized world."

"We are ashamed because these terrorists carried out this revolting and inhumane act in the name of our religion and culture," UAE Information Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed al-Nahayan said in a written statement.

"This disgusting brutality can never be justified and has nothing to do with Islam or with our Arab values."

Al-Nahayan also extended the UAE's condolences to Berg's family: "We pray for them to find the courage and strength to deal with their loss."

Gov. Edward Rendell of Pennsylvania said he was appalled at "the horrific and inhumane way" Berg was killed.

In the video, Berg is shown sitting in an orange jumpsuit in front of five armed, hooded men.

A man standing directly behind Berg reads a statement and then Berg is pushed to the floor.

Berg is heard screaming as his throat is cut. One of the captors then holds up his severed head.

The Web site said the killing had been carried out by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the leader of an Islamist terrorist group that has claimed responsibility for attacks on coalition forces in Iraq.

The voice on the tape could not be verified as that of al-Zarqawi. CNN staff members familiar with al-Zarqawi's voice said the voice on the tape did not sound like him.

Berg had gone to Iraq to work on communication towers and had been missing

since April 9.

Berg was detained by Iraqi police at a checkpoint in Mosul on March 24, under suspicion of possible involvement in illegal or terrorist activities. He was released April 6.

The day before his release, Berg's family filed a lawsuit against Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and the Defense Department, saying the United States was holding its son without merit.

Berg told his family he was arranging to come home before he disappeared.

Senor said FBI officials met with Berg while he was in the custody of Iraqi police in Mosul. But he said Berg was never in U.S. custody and that decisions about his detention and release were up to the Iraqi police.

The FBI "met with him on three occasions and made their own determination that he was not suspected of being involved in any criminal or terrorist activities. But he was at no time under the jurisdiction or within the detention of coalition forces," Senor said.

The FBI issued a statement Wednesday saying that the Coalition Provisional Authority offered to give Berg "safe passage" out of Iraq, but he refused.

"He also refused government offers to advise his family and friends of his status," the FBI statement said.

In addition, the statement said Berg's remains were found Saturday, May 8, not Monday as previously reported.

Family accuses U.S. government

Berg's brother, David, told reporters outside his family's house Wednesday that the family received e-mails from Berg after his release in which he made clear he had been held by U.S. forces.

In an interview with Boston radio station WBUR on Tuesday, Berg's father, Michael, said: "I still hold [Rumsfeld] responsible because if they had let him go after a more reasonable amount of time or if they had given him access to lawyers we could have gotten him out of there before the hostilities escalated.

"That's really what cost my son his life was the fact that the U.S. government saw fit to keep him in cust

ody for 13 days without any of his due process or civil rights and released him when they were good and ready."

The interviewer asked, "Do you really blame Donald Rumsfeld for your son's death? And will you do anything in addition to that lawsuit you had filed?"

Michael Berg responded, "It goes further than Donald Rumsfeld. It's the whole Patriot Act, it's the whole feeling of this country that rights don't matter anymore because there are terrorists about.

"Well, in my opinion 'terrorist' is just another word like 'communist' or 'witch,' and it's a witch hunt, and this whole administration is just representing something that is not America, not the America I grew up in."

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I started the topic because in my mind (some may say I'm warped) I feel Guru Ji is communicating with us through his Hukamnama and always has. This news of the inhumane beheading of the American is a shock to the whole world and I have no idea why some poeple never even heard about it, anyone every watch the news or read the paper?

Anyone feel that the Hukamnama is just a coincidence? Is there such a thing as a coincidence?

About the message that I think Guruji is giving I will leave to myself.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Oh, I see your point now, and thus have an opinion. I think, that this is just a coincidence, because the terrorists were just trying to figure out the most gruesome, horrifying, and terrifying way to kill a man. That is the definition of a terrorist, one who inflicts terror. That's their main goal, not to kill, but to inflict terror and fear and bring a government to it's knees to cower. Of course, that's ridiculous, because with a gov. like this, we ain't gonna cower for a while.

Guruji could be telling us that even if our head were cut off then it would still be worth it even for a glimpse of God. Thus giving his Sikhs inspiration to meditate more?

Why was cutting of head in the Hukamnama same day when the news was spread all over? Remember a Hukamnama a few months ago had slaying of Indra in it (someone can look it up on search there was a topic about it) and it was on the same day Gandhi actually died? was this just a coincidence?

I don't know everyone has their own boundaries, some people think deeper then others (could be right or wrong thing who am I to say).

Bhul Chuk Maaf