Can I Wear A Kirpan?

Guest guest00

WGJK WGJF

I have question

I was going to take amrit few weeks a ago but the day was to sudden for me. Before I was going to take amrit I brought a kirpan because I kept thinking I was going to take amrit but gave up so suddenly. When I was just holding the kirpan, it felt so good and looked to cool. So I wore kirpan for a few days (around the house) and I felt better. Its helps me remember who I am and I'm a way better person wearing a kirpan and I started change my personality & attitude. I'm a more spiritual now

If I offended any of you I am deeply sorry. I will take amrit this year November

Can I still wear a kirpan around the house until I take amrit?

dont wear the kirpan if u do not know how to do its seva and if u do not know how to use it when needed to.

and if u know that if a situation arises when u must use the kirpan, but your hand will freeze as soon as u touch the hilt, then the kirpan that u wear will be of no use to you, it will just be a showpiece item.

my advise is to take your kirpan off, and do not wear it until the amrit sanchaar. if everyday u long to wear your kirpan, then u know that u will be ready to undertake the seva of the kirpan.

Guest pungsta dumb

dont wear the kirpan if u do not know how to do its seva and if u do not know how to use it when needed to.

and if u know that if a situation arises when u must use the kirpan, but your hand will freeze as soon as u touch the hilt, then the kirpan that u wear will be of no use to you, it will just be a showpiece item.

my advise is to take your kirpan off, and do not wear it until the amrit sanchaar. if everyday u long to wear your kirpan, then u know that u will be ready to undertake the seva of the kirpan.

mmm just wondering if panj pyare started shaster vidya lessons in amrit sanchars lol!! satpunga singh ji person who practice sikhism and sabat surat can wear kirpa before amrit sanchar aterall he is gonna take amrit soon...

seva is doing your namaskar to the kirpan, as it is also your guru, and mahakaal avtar.

only drwaing your kirpan from its scabbard for cleaning, sharpening, langar/prashad, battle practise, battle (to kill)

cleaning and sharpening your kirpan regularly.

keeping it on a manji sahib if and when you take it off.

learning to use the kirpan (for battle) properly. which means you dont just spin it around aimlessly in a fight, but u know exactly how to use it as taught in Shastar Vidiya. (PLEASE NOTE: i am saying that Shastar Vidiya will teach how to use the kipran properly in battle, rather than in Gatka where it is spun around for show. This has nothing to do with my views in favour of Shastar Vidiya).

not letting your kiran to touch the floor (e.g. when sitting in Darbar Sahib at a Gurdwara, place your kirpan on your lap, instead of by your side as it will come into contact with the floor).

not touching your kirpan with joothe hath (unclean hand e.g. not washing your hands after eating, call of nature, cleaning work, etc).

not letting anyone touch your kirpan with dirty hands and if you know that they smoke or take drugs etc.

being able to use the kirpan if and when the situation arises.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Mahakaal Rakhvala.

out of respect you should use a silk cloth (if it isnt silk, do not worry laugh.gif , any clean cloth will do). make sure that this cloth is kept seperate and hand washed seperatly from other dirty clothes etc.

wet the cloth, and then wring it 2 remove excess water, then wipe the handle first - TRY NOT TO TOUCH THE BLADE WITH YOUR HAND!

clean into all grooves and design on the hand. then fold the cloth in half so that the side you just used to wipe the handle is in the inside.

then wipe down the blade, starting towards the hilt striking down to the point of the blade. if the kirpan is "dirty", u can use a bit of fairy liquid to help shift the dirt.

then get 2 clean tissues. put a bit of oil on one of the tissues. baby oil will be fine (no cooking oil biggrin.gif ) then wipe the blade in the same manner, from the handle to the tip (this will prevent the build up of rust). then with the other tissue, wipe off all excess oil of the blade, so that there is a very thin layer of oil left on the blade.

recite gurbaani whilst cleaning and sharpening shastar.

shastar which are not worn often...try cleaning them maybe once a month or once every 2 months. at all other times keep them in the scabbard. but always clean your shastar if they are dirty...obviously.

Thank You I didn't much about the Kirpan. I have some questions where should I keep/store my Kirpan now? And are we allowed to wash the gatra If it get dirty? And when I taken amrit should wear my Kirpan underneath my clothes or over?

out of respect you should use a silk cloth (if it isnt silk, do not worry laugh.gif , any clean cloth will do). make sure that this cloth is kept seperate and hand washed seperatly from other dirty clothes etc.

wet the cloth, and then wring it 2 remove excess water, then wipe the handle first - TRY NOT TO TOUCH THE BLADE WITH YOUR HAND!

clean into all grooves and design on the hand. then fold the cloth in half so that the side you just used to wipe the handle is in the inside.

then wipe down the blade, starting towards the hilt striking down to the point of the blade. if the kirpan is "dirty", u can use a bit of fairy liquid to help shift the dirt.

then get 2 clean tissues. put a bit of oil on one of the tissues. baby oil will be fine (no cooking oil biggrin.gif ) then wipe the blade in the same manner, from the handle to the tip (this will prevent the build up of rust). then with the other tissue, wipe off all excess oil of the blade, so that there is a very thin layer of oil left on the blade.

recite gurbaani whilst cleaning and sharpening shastar.

shastar which are not worn often...try cleaning them maybe once a month or once every 2 months. at all other times keep them in the scabbard. but always clean your shastar if they are dirty...obviously.

what a wicked post!!