Why We Should Not Cut Hair

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

many people post about or know someone whose bad karam are at their peak and want to cut their hair..

please share reasons for anyone with a double mind as to why you should not cut hair, what do you tell yourself everyday when you tie guru sahibs beautiful, fit for a king , dastaar..

some of my reasons:

because a sikh looks more brave, warrior-like, handsome/ pretty, and royal with a dastaar and kes

because a sikh beside a mona/ moni looks like king/queen, with dignity and respect vs

because nowhere will we find a mother like mata gujri ji who sacrificed her father in law, didnt see her son for many many years only to send him to dance with death for his sikhs, who with her own hands sent her youngest grandsons to take torture and death in honor for her sons and daughters, the sikhs

because you cannot look at sant baba jarnail singh jis picture and see the light, the struggle, the vision for sikhs in his eyes and say you want to cut your hair, you cannot look a shaheed babbar or any other shaheed in their eyes and tell them that what they died for you will throw it all away

because you cannot put a "dag" ( mark) on our brave pitas dastaar, dhan dhan sri guru gobind singh ji, who gave away everything, scarficed everything, put his singhs first before his own sons , over us

please add more reasons why

hopefully this will build an incentive in those ppl who are strugglign with keeping their kes , they can see reasons why they should keep it and those who havent kept it can see why they shud keep it as well..

guru gobind singh ji says that kesh are the roots of sikhi, they are the start of everything. whoever cuts their kesh, they will dry up their roots of sikhi.

and we all know, a plant gets all its life and goodies through its roots, if somebody cuts the roots, how is the plant supposed to survive ???

baba jarnail singh ji used to ask singhs with cut kesh and dara's, "wat do u call a son who does not look like his father, who does not have the same appearance as his father??"

and while in maharaj's hazoori, nobody used to actually say the word, but when in guru ke langar, and this is also recorded in one of the speeches, baba ji asked a group of singhs the same question, and they were all like "haraam da khende ne ji" and baba ji was like then all the singhs who have cut kesh, cut dara's, wat will people call us? and again, the singhs were all like "haraam da" and baba ji started laughing.

another thing baba ji used to often say was that for those singhs who cant keep their beards, baba ji said that he would do ardaas for all those singhs at darbar sahib, and ask maharaj that since you gave these singhs jeevans as mards (men), but they have trouble taking care of their mardness, kirpa karo maharaj ji, ehna nu maar ke bibiyaan banadoh, tey ehna diyaan bibiyaan nu mar ke mard banadoh. na darri muh tey ave, na sanu siyapa karna pave.

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

awesome way too look at it shastr

and jsut a side note , to starstuck or w.e ur name is, i see ur msg on the side of the forum, no i am not promoting hate, i am simply giving a message to a singh iknow who wants to cut his hair and i know this will help others who look to this forum for reasons as to why they shud remain sikhs, i have nothing against mone who dont keep hair, but as a khalsa it is a mahapaap to support the haircutting of an already singh AND YOU SIR BY SAYING THAT I AM PROMOTING HATE ARE DOING THAT by showing that its ok to cut ur hair as a singh.singhnee.. that is a mahapaap

and i know who u are, stop making double IDs, i dont want to talk to u or be ur friend, i dont even know u, u come on ss and i dont want to be ur friend, get friends in real life ok, u can make friends ehre too, but not everyone has the time to invest in the cyberworld, grow up kid

plz continue encouraging and saving future singhs / singhnees from being caught up in kaljug and commiting this sin of cutting their kes, too mcuh is going on in india as well as here in terms of that, we need to encourage and share easons as to why those who alreayd keep kes shud continue

im sure we have all heard the sakhi of how bhai mardana ji, who spent their entire lives as guru nanak dev ji's keertani singh. bhai sahib's original name was "marjana" i cant remember the exact sakhi, but i think bhai sahib was either playing outside with maharaj, and bhai sahib mother called him, and she was like "oye marjaniya" and maharaj asked bhai sahib's mother why she called him marjana, and mata ji said that she had sons before bhai sahib, but they all passed away early in life, and so i know he will go the same way, so i call him marjana. and maharaj was like, mata, ehde kesh rakho, eh nahi marda, and hence bhai sahib got his name, from guru nanak dev ji, as "mardana" "marda-na" the one who does not die. and this was because of keeping kesh.

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

when i wrote this topic, i was crying because someone who i know well was considering this act, and idk if they still are, but in a desperate attempt in the midst of all of the tears and havoc that is the thought of that person cutting their hair, your state of mind is not clear, if i offended anyone let me say that i did NOT intend to diss anyone who cuts their hair, instead i was desperate to show why you shouldnt cut your hair, but i gave examples which were from the point of view of " why you shouldnt cut ur hair" instead of " why should u keep ur hair"

obviously to somene who keeps their hair, a person who cuts their hair isnt attractive looking physically etc.. and fair enuff to some ppl who cut hair, ppl who keep hair arent physically attractive to them.. so in essence, i put myself in th shoes of a mona person to see hwo they would interpret this, or how i wud interpret this reading it for the first time from someone elses post online...noone knows my state of mind in writing this so they do not noe how to take it except for in a way that is derogatory...

the thing is, even in speeches, even in katha, they say keep ur kesh like a lion, dont be a mouse, dont be a sheep and cut ur hair..however, do u then argue with the gurdwara nad kathavachiks too? i want anyone who was offended to think of that, wen i was a moni, i knew that i was a coward because i did not keep my hair after all of the shaheedian in our kaum, i acknowledged that, idk i guess this wud hurt many ppls ego to tell them this...

either way because i dont want to hurt anyones feeligns, i will delete one line which is not far away from what u wud hear kathavachiks/sants/parchaar vale sikhs say in order to not take the chance of hurting someones feelings

as always sorry for spelling mistakes i am really in a rush

i think that it is important to maintain our kesh because that's our identity as sikhs. all religions have their identity and this one (among others) is ours. Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj said that His Sikh should be recognised from thousands of people. when someone removes their kesh then you lose your identity. there's a reason that Guru Maharaj has given us this gift and we should keep it with utmost dignity.

besides that, our hair has a really important function - which includes protection (kesh on the head) and insulation (on the body), among others. there's a really good explanation given by Guruka Singh Ji on youtube.

Bhull chuk maaf karnee.

Guru Fateh Jee