Vegetarianism & Leather/fur/snake Skin/wool Etc

Guest Veggie

khima! i thought you were giving it that sugarcane rubbish again. i c the point you were making. you are right, tho. if we started questioning everything as some are dong we would waste our whole life doing this whilst missing the true purpose in life.

I like you, you like me?

Singh that's why i said at the end of the first post, 'live your life, just don't be a hypocrite.' Why question other's lifestyle when a person doesn't look at their own.

Chardikala

Singh

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shastr

would u behave with ur sister or mother the same way u behave with ur wife? would u do the same things with ur sister as you do to ur wife? both are made from 5 tats, both are women, both are born from moms, and both have potention to be mothers. but would u behave with them in the same manner???

would u behave with ur sister or mother the same way u behave with ur wife? would u do the same things with ur sister as you do to ur wife? both are made from 5 tats, both are women, both are born from moms, and both have potention to be mothers. but would u behave with them in the same manner???

Don't know who this is directed at, but surely is one crazy statement/question made on this topic.

Guest shastr

hahahah. i directed that at the thread stater.

if u had thought about it, it would make perfect sence.

a singh went up to a pooran bhramgiani, i think it was sant isher singh ji, and he asked "if we are not allowed to eat meat, then we should not be able to drink milk either, since milk also comes from a cow, whose meat we are not allowed to eat" the singh said, "mahapursho, ja tey dudh shado, ja vir meat khana shuru karo". baba ji gave that statment, which i posted in post number 12.

hearing baba ji's responce, the singh froze, had no answer. he knew he had been given an answer like no other. he did mata tek to baba ji and just got up and left.

i heard this from a dharam yudh morcha speech, by baba jarnail singh ji. i dont remember which file its in. if i ever come across it again, i'll post the file number.

and this thread is the exact same type of question, same concept applys here as well

hahahah. i directed that at the thread stater.

if u had thought about it, it would make perfect sence.

a singh went up to a pooran bhramgiani, i think it was sant isher singh ji, and he asked "if we are not allowed to eat meat, then we should not be able to drink milk either, since milk also comes from a cow, whose meat we are not allowed to eat" the singh said, "mahapursho, ja tey dudh shado, ja vir meat khana shuru karo". baba ji gave that statment, which i posted in post number 12.

hearing baba ji's responce, the singh froze, had no answer. he knew he had been given an answer like no other. he did mata tek to baba ji and just got up and left.

i heard this from a dharam yudh morcha speech, by baba jarnail singh ji. i dont remember which file its in. if i ever come across it again, i'll post the file number.

and this thread is the exact same type of question, same concept applys here as well

LOL, Singh this still don't make sense. What you said is completely off base on the thread. For the vegatarian to call meat bad and the killer bad and then turn around and wear the same leather that came from the cow is hypocritical. Read the shabad on ang sung 1289 by Guru Nanak Dev ji.

The one that consumes meat is going to hell and the pure vegatarians that wears leather of the cow is going to heaven. Only a Moorakh would believe this is true. Ask the pure vegatarian where the leather comes from. Does he/she go search for dead cows in india.

These pure vegatarians cry wolf when they hear the word meat and then wear leather comfortly. Is this not being the biggest hypocrite.

Guest shastr

lol. completely off base???

u totally didnt understand the statement.

the statement is also saying that u can not treat 2 of the same things that come from the same origin in the same manner, even if they are made from the same thing.

u cannot treat clothing the same as eating the sheep from where its made. just like the question the singh asked, just cuz milk comes from a cow, that doenst mean we are not allowed to drink it. cuz if wat ur saying is true, then i guess we are not allowed to drink milk in sikhism too huh?

and in the statment, u would not treat ur sister and ur wife in the same manner. but yet, they are both girls, and both born from another mother. and both have potential of being a mother, but that does not mean u treat them in the same manner. that does not mean wat u do with one, u do with the other. but occording to u, then that would mean we can only do those things with our wife which we do with our sister huh?

do u understand it now? eating meat and wearing clothing can not be compared together, just like drinking milk cant be compared wiht eating a cow, and just like a sister can not be compared to a wife.

lol. completely off base???

u totally didnt understand the statement.

the statement is also saying that u can not treat 2 of the same things that come from the same origin in the same manner, even if they are made from the same thing.

u cannot treat clothing the same as eating the sheep from where its made. just like the question the singh asked, just cuz milk comes from a cow, that doenst mean we are not allowed to drink it. cuz if wat ur saying is true, then i guess we are not allowed to drink milk in sikhism too huh?

and in the statment, u would not treat ur sister and ur wife in the same manner. but yet, they are both girls, and both born from another mother. and both have potential of being a mother, but that does not mean u treat them in the same manner. that does not mean wat u do with one, u do with the other. but occording to u, then that would mean we can only do those things with our wife which we do with our sister huh?

do u understand it now? eating meat and wearing clothing can not be compared together, just like drinking milk cant be compared wiht eating a cow, and just like a sister can not be compared to a wife.

Singh, what the Sant said is correct, but doesn't apply to what is being discussed here.

Here, I'll explain. When a person extracts milk from the cow, the cow is not killed. The cow continues to live and produce more milk by eating grass. What that person was tryin to prove to the Sant is that drinking milk is the same as eating meat. But that was proven as wrong by the Sant.

When a person wears leather it is not the same as drinking that milk because in the case of the leather the cow was killed for it. A life was taken for leather. Here comes the hypocritical part of the pure vegatarian. If that cow wasn't killed then no leather. Now this vegatarian turns around and calls the meat eater a butcher. So this translates into the vegatarian becoming part of the problem of killing the cow because there was someone ready to consume the leather. Now if you drink milk from a cow do you contribute to taking a cows life. NO

That sister and wife bit is not related here. Wife and sister are separate entities. If your wife was your sister then maybe you got a case here.

Guest shastr

wait a minute, wait just 1 minute!!!

so i guess u do understand the statement.

i had to read ur post like 6 times before it finally hit me. u got me bhaji. u were right the whole time. i just realized that ur sister and wife can drink all the milk they want, but it really has nothing to do with this thread.

sorry for making this thread longer then it had to be.