Mr Singh

harmandeal

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

Sadly we have started measuring Sikhs 'Sikhi level' by the size of their dumallas and their cholas.

I have seen many Amritdhari Sikhs - Singhs - with 5 k's - wearing suits etc. It is not wrong, as it is not condemned anywhere in Rehit Maryada. So there is nothing wrong with that poster. Don't think all amritdharis in world wear Dumallas and wear cholas.

Sardar is just a title given by people who respect us. Our real title, that was given by our father Guru Gobind Singh ji is SINGH and KAUR for women.

Coming back to the original poster, it is a very good initiation as it boosts the confidence of many Sikh boys/men all over the world.

WJKK WJKF Ji

just to clear up, i do agree with that statement

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one thing we have to think about is, will a singh who has a long dhara thats open and wears a gol pag wearing even a kurta pajama lets say liek these guys or w.e it is that theyre wearing, will he ever win? has he ever won? what msg does this give to singhs who have their dharas open everyday and tie a gol pag? what about singhs who have been blessed with a lot of kesh and long long dharas? covering almost their whole lower face? will they ever win?

last time i even saw some mr singh who won and he spoke in HINDI? what kind of singh is that? you should be speaking punjabi, representing the singhs..

something to think about...

yes a singh doesnt have to have a gol pag, he can have a nok style pag and be a bhagat... look at bhai jasbir singh ji khanne wale, they had a nok style type too and they were a great sikh

but it extends to something further than that, what msg is it sending to an everyday singh wiht a long dhara who wears a gol pag ...do you have to tie it and plaster it to ur face and have a small nok style pag to be considered mr singh? in my eyes i dont think thats true i thikn quite the opposite infact, so where are they representing this group?? of course hold these things, but make sure u cater to all of the different styles of ppl out there,thats all im saying, rest inside i dont know what goes on, like the above poster sed some very interesting things about someone and if theyre true thats very very disturbing indeed.

I see what you mean, and somewhere you are right too. But i well think a Singh with a long dhara or a dumalla can ALSO win this contest, IF ONE APPLIES ATLEAST. How can you expect a Dumalla wearing Singh to win, if not a single applies? I mean there isn't written anywhere in their rules and regulations or poster than the beard should be gelled or so?

Speaking Hindi. Well it is well possible that the Singh was from outside Punjab. So Hindi to him could be like English to you or me. That isn't a *VERY BIG* point of concern, but I get what you mean.

I guess most dastardhari Sikhs in this world wear Nok Wali pug, but it is slowly changing with the youth opting for gol dastars...

Sadly we have started measuring Sikhs 'Sikhi level' by the size of their dumallas and their cholas.

I have seen many Amritdhari Sikhs - Singhs - with 5 k's - wearing suits etc. It is not wrong, as it is not condemned anywhere in Rehit Maryada. So there is nothing wrong with that poster. Don't think all amritdharis in world wear Dumallas and wear cholas.

Sardar is just a title given by people who respect us. Our real title, that was given by our father Guru Gobind Singh ji is SINGH and KAUR for women.

Coming back to the original poster, it is a very good initiation as it boosts the confidence of many Sikh boys/men all over the world.

WJKK WJKF Ji

just to clear up, i do agree with that statement

I'm glad that you agree.

HardKaurWarriorz, I hope I haven't offended you or your views... If I have kindly forgive me...

WJKK WJKF Ji

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I think their must be a mistake

the Sikhs seem really Chardi Kala

and the blood camp was such a great effort and it takes alot of guts to tell the government what they did (dont take the blood of innocent Sikh youths)

this also is one of the few orginizations taking care of the children of those saheehed in 1984

they have3 opened so many schools

they work to keep sikhs in sikhi and away from convertain by christihan missionaries (even the Son of General Subegh Singh Ji converted)

also if u look at the photos some of the boys are in cholas see the promo vid they r in blue cholas with shaster

wait the articles says they burned badal effiges? whats wrong with that?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I think their must be a mistake

the Sikhs seem really Chardi Kala

and the blood camp was such a great effort and it takes alot of guts to tell the government what they did (dont take the blood of innocent Sikh youths)

this also is one of the few orginizations taking care of the children of those saheehed in 1984

they have3 opened so many schools

they work to keep sikhs in sikhi and away from convertain by christihan missionaries (even the Son of General Subegh Singh Ji converted)

also if u look at the photos some of the boys are in cholas see the promo vid they r in blue cholas with shaster

wait the articles says they burned badal effiges? whats wrong with that?

teji kaur ji

THERE IS NO MISTAKE. The above news make it clear. Jaswinder singh advocate and Kewal singh are known critics of damdami taksal and hard core missionaries.

They burnt effigies of badal, vedanti and makkar not because they dislike them. That was a protest as they thought these people are giving recognition to Dasam granth.Raed the news

burnt the effigies of Parkash Singh Badal, Giani Joginder Singh Vedanti, Avtar Singh Makkar, Baba Harnam Singh Dhumma, chief, Damdami Taksal, and a section of Sant Samaj following controversy over the Dasam Granth in November last year.

Waheguru Ji Ka khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

hmmmm........ well taksal is different because dhumma well ...............he is very with the government and he has brought lots of bad ppl in teh taksal

r u talking about Bhai Jaswinder singh the old jathedhar?

that i dont know about but there r bad apples in every group

from what i have seen akal purakh ki fauj is very pro taksal and very pro dasam bani

maybe its

a few bad leaders ruining it?

ill find out

Mr. Singh. Not at at all. These guys completely missed the mark of being Mr. Singh. The judges of this beauty pageant should be ashamed of themselves. And the ones that enter have no shame in the first place.

This should be called Mr. doll.

A Sikh would never enter such hideous displace and demean Guru Sahib saroop to a doll.

The ones that cut their hair and practice bhagti are on the right track. Compared to the ones that run, promote, and enter this doll show.

General comment:

I can't believe how insecure some people are. If you are offended by this statement, then you must be insecure.

How many times are you going to put down Sikhs just because they don't live up to your standards?

If anything, we should be congratulating those who take part in this, but no, instead we want to say, "How dare they call themselves a Singh?"!

What have you done? Take your shirt off and show us what you're made of, otherwise, shut your stinking mouth!

General comment:

I can't believe how insecure some people are. If you are offended by this statement, then you must be insecure.

How many times are you going to put down Sikhs just because they don't live up to your standards?

If anything, we should be congratulating those who take part in this, but no, instead we want to say, "How dare they call themselves a Singh?"!

What have you done? Take your shirt off and show us what you're made of, otherwise, shut your stinking mouth!

:lol: LOLLLLLLLLL

General comment:

You must be talking to yourself here. Well I wouldn't call Manmukh Sikh of the Guru, but your entitled your opinionbiggrin.gif

Now this sounds like a true Manmukh speaking. Calling something sour, sweet.

one word, Weirdo!!!!!!!!