Wud U Call This A Mistake?

gurmzz

its all about sharda, so i guesss u didnt do anything wrong, but if u think of it from gian point of view, its a common thing. people think that oh doing chandi di vaar is better then doing jap ji sahib. alot of people think jap ji sahib has no power or something. but if u look at those who earned their sikhi, which bani's did they read most? baba deep singh ji is has the power to fight with his head in hand, but that came from the 110 jap ji sahibs they used to do. if we look at the rest of the taksali mahapursh's who are all pooran bhramgiani's, they all did lots of jap ji sahib. nothing less then 100. just in recent history, baba jarnail singh ji, 151 jap ji sahibs. in katha i heard that puratan singhs used to do 25 jap ji sahibs on daily basis, as part of their regular nitnems.

we have all these kids reading dasam bani, which is a good thing, but dasam bani requires hardcore rehat. people reading chandi di vaar with out the right stuff, at the wrong time, not having jal di gagar, and then things end up going down hill. people reading bhram kavach at wrong time, without having the knowledge of the bani, then things go wrong. and then people say oh i wonder why this and that happend, i read soo much chandi di vaar, y does this bad stuff happen to me.

dasam bani can be looked at as the shakti of maharaj. and that being shakti of guru granth sahib ji maharaj. if we dont have gian of guru granth sahib ji, its gonna be hard to handle their shakti. bir raas should be used where bir raas is needed. if u only need 5 volts to light the light bulb, y do u want to give it 5000 volts? it will burn the light bulb. thats why first u need to increase ur voltage capacity, in other words, get more gian of how to take in all this power. this is wat guru granth sahib ji's bani is, that is wat jap ji sahib is, gian. and dasam bani is the shakti. of course there is shakti in guru granth sahib ji, but its channeled in a differnt way.

people jump into all this hardcore dasam bani, parchand shakti, and they dont even know the meanings of jaap sahib, dont even know the meansings of jap ji sahib, mool mantar da vi pata nahi.

this sikhi can be looked at like lifting weights. we are new to weight lifting, and this dasam bani we have been givin is like 1000 pounds of power. how can somebody who just starting lifing weights lift 1000 pounds on the first day? he cant. thats why u have to start small and work ur way up. and now some peopel are gonna say oh so jap ji sahib is small or something. no, jap ji sahib is just as heavy, but jap ji sahib is written in a way where it can easly be digested.

another way to look at it is that this human life, manukha dehi is a war. we have to fight our way out. we have been given 2 main tools which lead us to everything else. those tools being gian, and a khanda. we have a khanda which is going to do all the fighting and all the cool stuff. but we use the khanda with gian. if there is no gian of the khanda, how can we possibly use it? if dont know how to handle ur weapon, how can you use it? guru granth sahib jis is our gian, dasam granth sahib ji is our weapon. both are needed to win this war.

everybody is worried about doing all the cool stuff like having wars and stuff. we all wanna grow up and give shaheedi. yet shaheedi was given by 5th saroop of maharaj. shaheedi is good, but only to those who know how to live. maharaj guru arjun dev ji tought us the ways of shaheedi, but guru nanak dev ji through guru ram daas ji tought us how to live, which we first need to learn.

both saint and soldier, but without the saint, there is no soldier.

(sorry for all the mistakes in my post, and sorry for it being soooo long )

oh another thingy i forgot to mention. have u ever wondered why nitnem 5 bania is ordered the way they are? first jap ji sahib, then jaap sahib, swaiye, chaupai sahib, then anand sahib.

the 5 bani's are set up in sampat format. it can be looked at as a combinatoin of bani's to make one long hard hitting punch.

2 banis from guru granth sahib ji, 3 banis from dasam granth sahib ji. in the middle are the 3 dasam bani's. all the shakti, in the middle. but wats in the beginning and the end? this is the sampat part, the gian. shakti alone can be hard to control, hard to handle. but with gian, everything is possible.

(ps: in both of my post, these are not my oringal ideas. i head all this from katha of sri guru granth sahib ji, done by giani thakur singh ji )

Kewl analogies.

i look at it like people try to hold a gun by its barrel(which will burn your hand and cause you to drop the weapon) and after the first shot it gets hot and after many shots it is very hot(hard to hold a gun by its hot barrel), and others shoot so many times the barrel warps because it got too hot and ended up making the gun malfunction.

When you study a way to handle the gun youll find out youre not supposed to hold the barrel and after certain amounts of using the gun youll need to assess the gun and clean it (meaning youll need to think about the bani and understand it and follow it)

Some people try to question the order of morning bania and seem to be off track just for the aspect of trying to question the order(IMO)

I always noticed that we do a Guru Shabad Bani and then 3 Dasam Bania and then to seal off the morning Paat with Anandu Sahib.

People should better understand the required Bania before trying to read so much other bani (besides Hukamnamas or baha maaj etc) People try to eat more than they can digest and end up ill after soo much intake.

Fateh parwaan karro jiyo,

First and foremost please do keep in mind Guru Gobind Singh ji is the 10th Jyot of Guru Nanak Sahib Ji.

Bani is not like a Mantra. Our Nitnem is like our daily fee as a Sikh. And quality and not quantity is what matters.

My advice is try to learn the meaning of Jap ji Sahib and then do Paat.

Guru Rakha

Fateh parwan karro jiyo,

In my humble opinion Brahmgyanis have unfathomable love for Guru Jis and Waheguru. Its because of this unfathomable love that they kept repeating Bani..... Bani to them was like breathing. My humble submission is start doing Japji Sahib and try to learn the meaning. Then as you fall in love you will yourslef will get the urge to do more and more Paaths of Baani.After all Guruji has taught us ' Jinn prem kiyo tinn he Prabh paiya'.

Our Bani is not ucharod like a Mantra.

Guru Rakha

Jap Jee Sahib is the mool/root/base of Sikhi :) If you do 1 paath of Japji sahib with meanings, it will take you close to 1 hour. But that 1 hour is easily comparable to (likely exceeds) many hours of just reading bani without meanings.

Meanings is where we get everything, otherwise we are just doing it like a robot...hmm I should really follow my own advice :rolleyes:

Jap Jee Sahib is the mool/root/base of Sikhi :) If you do 1 paath of Japji sahib with meanings, it will take you close to 1 hour. But that 1 hour is easily comparable to (likely exceeds) many hours of just reading bani without meanings.

Meanings is where we get everything, otherwise we are just doing it like a robot...hmm I should really follow my own advice :rolleyes:

Fateh parwaan karro jiyo,

You could spend some time learning about the meanings. And I'm sure in a couple of weeks you would know the meanings.

There are Gutkas in Gurmukhi/Romanized/ English which make learning very easy. There are couple fo sites that have Bani in this form too.

Guru Rakha

reading one jap ji sahib with full meaning, and reading 100 jap ji sahibs without meaning is the same thing. heard this in katha.

and i suggest we all listen to katha if we wan to get the real meanings of paath. those english translated romanized versions of bani are not the real meanings. katha explains everything in detail