Before Going To Bed

SikhSeeker

WJKK WJKF

Right before you fall asleep, does anyone recite any mantra. I mean i try doing Kirtan Sohila before sleeping, but when I go to bed for I sleep, I usually say Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj.

Does anyone esle say anything? Or is there something that should be said before going to bed?

yeah, beg God to give you good sleep and make you get up early enough so that you can squeeze early morning Nitnem in your daily schedule. And recite vaheguru vaheguru until you just go to sleep and not notice when vaheguru simran stopped.

And Mehtab Veerj, Get up now, its moring time. GOOD MORNING :-))

sant sundar singh ji khalsa, 11th jathedar of taksal, used to tell the singhs of the jatha, that if they want to get mukti, they should do 40 chaupai sahibs before going to sleep

I like to do Chaupai Sahib paath too before sleeping (just one though)... it's mainly because i got it as a punishment from Panj piaare for 40 days.. and often i hadn't bothered doing it until going to bed.. but it felt nice to do it that time, so i still recite it quite often.. One can dedicate it to the protection of the panth or all humankind, for example, it gives even more motivation to do it.

I've noticed that it's usually much easier to concentrate on paath and simran in the evening, when the mind doesn't feel so restless anymore..

Anyway, 100% agree with Amarjit Kaur.. nothing can be better than doing Gurmantra before falling asleep.