Sau Sakhi

Lion of Punjab

Are the Sau Sakhi genuinely writen by guruji himself?

Where can i read more about them.

Has there ever been katha on them?

Many scholars say they came later. British debated them and had them translated into English. Phuman Singh Soora released a book that

talks about the Sakhis and tries to interpret them. I have attached an English translation link. Enjoy and let me know if you need the Punjabi version. Its a little hard to find now since the Guys website went down. Indians cannot maintain websites. lol

http://www.archive.org/download/sakheebookordesc00attarich/sakheebookordesc00attarich_bw.pdf

As far as i knw, the sau sakhi was real and contained a realistic picture of the events which will happen in the future. The british destroyed alot of the original version but there r some which remain today. They also released alot of altered versions to create confusion amongst sikhs and for them to doubt it. I personally knw a bibi in banga part of doaba who has a purataan version of the sau sakhi but is very protective of it and does not let any1 view it as she fears it will be destroyed just like many real versions in the past - she must be of age 103 from what i have been told and a very chardikala singni. VJKK VJKF

I remember sant jarnail singh jee showing a copy of a original version to some mahapurkh that didnt agree with the singhs being in darbaar sahib, sant jee told them that its written that this is meant to happen, if you want to change it then you take responsibility for the future and we will leave sri darbar sahib jee, or something like that.

Do my fellow Sikh brothers and sisters know what our Guru says about predictions?

ਹਮ ਜਾਨਿਆ ਕਛੂ ਨ ਜਾਨਹ ਆਗੈ ਜਿਉ ਹਰਿ ਰਾਖੈ ਤਿਉ ਠਾਢੇ ॥

I know nothing, and I do not know the future; as the Lord keeps me, so do I stand.

(Ang 171)

ਆਗੈ ਪਾਛੈ ਗਣਤ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਕਿਆ ਜਾਤੀ ਕਿਆ ਹੁਣਿ ਹੂਏ ॥

No account can be made of the future or the past; who knows what shall be, or what was?

(Ang 1238)

All is according to His will. What shall happen, shall happen, and what is not destined to happen won't happen. As simple as that.

Why worry about future? Do your Bani, Naam Abhyaas, implement Bani in your life and work for Khalsa Raaj, it will come itself.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh