Ranjit Singh Dhadhrian Wale - Response On Videos

harjsingh2009

Firstly, I thought the point of this forum was to debate and discuss issues of relevance to sikhism. I believe in a very simple concept - freedom of speech. Which means we all have the opportunity to take positions on issues and we don't necessarily have to agree with each other.

I put forward third party video evidence which many of you have seen. I also have an instinctive suspicion ... that all may not be as it seems with this individual.

I have to say, as a sikh, I found the video embarrassing. It's no excuse to say he was young then - if he feels old enough to preach to people then he is old enough to realise that behaving in that manner is wrong. Having rings put on his fingers, people touching his feet and a basket in which to collect cash!!

why didn't he refuse the gifts? Why did he sit there under the big picture of himself accepting gifts like some 15th century monarch?

Do any of you think where these gifts and cash end up?? are they used for charitable purposes? does he build schools or health facilities in the Punjab? what does he say about female infanticide?

I have listened to his sermons - and some of them are him justifying one thing or the other about his behaviour.

Regarding Ludhiana, I have seen him addressing a crowd there. Big deal....what about all those thousands of ordinary sikhs who were there too and risked their lives? I didn't hear him say anything about this issue until the media got involved and he had national coverage.

I'm sorry to see that those of you who are incapable of presenting a rationale argument and can only resort to playground insults or removing comments.