Great Sikh Saints Who Did Lots Of Mool Mantarr Paath

singh_soldier

just remebered this sakhi about mool mantar i heard in katha from giani thakur singh ji,

there was a pandit ji, i think the name was mita nand or nita nand, during guru hargobind sahib ji's time. and one day he was sitting in lagar sitting nex to some guru ke singh, and he overheard them saying how long it takes them to get to sachkhand, the the one singh was like oh i close my eyes and i get to sachkhand and when i open them, im back here again, like thats how fast it is.

that pandit ji was shocked to hear this and went to maharaj and was like "maharaj ji, tuwade sikh ehna jhoot bolde ne?" (maharaj ji, ur sikhs tell lies like that??)

and maharaj was like why mita nand, wat happend, and he told maharja wat he had heard sitting in lagar, and maharaj started laughing. and then the pandit ji was like in the vedas it says that a punni person, (somebody who does good deeds), it takes them a few months to get to sachkhand, and a pappi person, (somebody who does bad deeds), that it takes them a very very long time to get to sachkhand, like almost impossible. but how can ur sikhs say that they get to sachkhand with just closing their eyes? how is this possible maharaj ji?

and maharaj then explained that doing good or bad deeds is very differnt from doing bhagati. and maharaj said that a guru ka sikh does not get involved with too much of each, as his jouney should have bhagati in it. so then maharaj asked mita nand if he too wanted that avastha of wat he had heard from the singhs in lagar, and of course mita ji was like hanji hanji maharaj.

so maharaj told the pandit ji to do mool mantar 22 hours a day. keep doing it one after the other, 22 hours each day, 2 hours of sleep, for 6 months none stop, and while doing mool mantar, he was told to do seva in the langar, wash the dishes and stuff.

so pandit ji says satbachan, deos wat maharaj says, and then after 6 months have passed, he came back to maharaj and put his head on maharaj ji's feet, and was like "maharaj ji, ur sikhs do not lie, now when i close my eyes, i too go to sachkhand, and when i open them, im back here, just like that.

(this sakhi just gives us a little preview of wat kind of shakti mool mantar really gives us)

another thing i heard in katha, there was a singh in sant gurbachan singh ji jatha who also used to do mool mantar 22 hours a day. (maybe baba jarnail singh ji, cuz its known they used to have a very long nitnem), but yea there is a sakhi that goes along with this too, if you guys want, i can post it.

• 3 years later...

Sant isher singh ji rara sahib wale used to advise begineer students to do 8 paki mala's of mool mantar a day for a year (108 kachi mala of mool mantar = 1 pakki mala of mool mantar) for a year before come back learn jugti how to meditate on esoteric layer of naam , along with poran prem/bairaag updesh, they also used to give jugti of naam just like how bhai dya singh ji acting as mukhi of panj used to give atam updesh sermons/jugti to the sangat (see- soraj parkash).

Guest dasguruka

Sant isher singh ji rara sahib wale used to advise begineer students to do 8 paki mala's of mool mantar a day for a year (108 kachi mala of mool mantar = 1 pakki mala of mool mantar) for a year before come back learn jugti how to meditate on esoteric layer of naam , along with poran prem/bairaag updesh, they also used to give jugti of naam just like how bhai dya singh ji acting as mukhi of panj used to give atam updesh sermons/jugti to the sangat (see- soraj parkash).

I didn't understand the difference between kachi mala and pakki mala. Can you please explain?

• 7 months later...

Part of the rehat maryda for an amritdhari sikh is to do mool mantar as well as Gurmantar everyday - however a lot of amritdhari sikhs hardly even read the rehat maryada and try and understand it properly.

Both are equally important mool mantar =- Gurmantar - and of course your deeds on the day - watching and policing how you look, control your hearing of nindyia, control of food intake etc