I Dont Want 2 Cut My Hair But..the Odds Are Against Me

Guest wat2dosingh

Guest wat2dosingh

lately while talking 2 family and friends the subject of my kesh always comes into the conversation...i am an amritdhari sikh who converted and most of my family and friends are christians. i dont have a job and i find it difficult 2 find one. my dhari isnt the neatest thing in the world but i do try 2 keep it groomed. countless people have told me 2 cut it becuz i wont get hired for a job if i keep it. i explain 2 them that it is a fundamental part of my religion but they dont seem 2 understand. how can i stay tuned with my religion that i love so much but manage 2 get a job and be successful in life?

The reason why you cant get a job is because the current financial climate, theres more people out of work hence more competition and less available jobs. Look at your CV and try to make it more appealable to employers, work on your interview technique etc Your kesh have nothing to do with this issue, myself and countless other Sikhs have found work and are working in good jobs, Kesh has never been a set back, so dont let other people tell you that.

If you go and cut your kesh and you still dont find a job, then what?

Guest mrsinghs

I agree with Gurbar and the answer to finding a job does not lie with cutting your hair, when things are not going according to plan it does not mean we start criticising ourself. So if you dont find a job after cutting your hair someone may say it was because your nose was bent or your chin is droopy, will you then go for plastic surgery? I hope not. look at your CV and rather than all these people making a comment about your appearence ask them to help in finding you work if they are truly your friends.

I hope you find a job and realise that life is not about appearence. Im extremely good looking and not once did i think it was deterring me from getting a job when i was unemployed.

Take Care

WGJKK WGJKF

I know numerous monay (cut hair) people who have been out of work for many many months now, as phaji says above, its to do with the current financial climate... hair, no hair is nothing to do with it.

Stay strong and don't think about comprising your real wealth, your Sikhi, which will help you in this world and the next for material wealth which comes and goes in an instant.

Maybe Vaheguru has given this time off work for a reason... spend your time wisely.

WAHEGURUJIKAKHALSAWAHEGURUJIKEFATEH.

I was talking to a prominent Gursikh a while back. He said that any Gursikh who starts the day with Panj Bania da paath will have all the world's luck fall at their feet.

Sri Guru Granth Sahib says that when one meditates on Wheguru's naam,Waheguru Ji takes care of all their needs.

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

all the above users have posted valid points.

would just like to emphasise....

Gurbar Akaal is correct, EVERYONE is having troube finding employment. Agencies do not get intouch with candidates because they do not have any jobs to offer.

Mokham singh is correct Gurbani says give up maya and maya bows at your feet.

One more thing..... you said you are amritdhari. why did you chhak amrit?... You have given your head to Satguru Ji. Not even an iota of your mind should be thinking this way.

Just to remind you in history:

-Sache Patshah Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj removed his shoes from his pavitar feet before returning to the shaheed singhs ont he battlefield out of respect for their kesh

-Khalsa Mothers, Fathers and CHILDREN would rather die then loose their sikhi..... today no one has put a knife to your / your familys throat and already you are considering chucking your sikhi away.

-Remember the sakhi of Bhai Taru SIngh Jee Shaheed.

-Back in the day, the ugly bald mughals would kidnap hindi and sikh women, first cut their hair and then prostitute them...

most importantly guru sahib have given us kesh... sant jarnail singh ji used to say "if you are really that afraid of leting a dhari touch your face go to sri hairmandir sahib and do a sincere aardas to guru ji, ask that you are reborn as a woman then you do not need to go through the hassle of shaving daily".

your username is wat2dosingh... a singh is a lion... and lions have mains!...

be proud and trust in satguru ji.... jis ki sir upar to swami, so dukh kaisa pave - when the lord and master is standing over our heads... how can we suffer in pain??

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

In bad times a woman can make money by selling her body. Would you recommend this? If not, then what makes it OK for a man to sell his body and soul? Is that man a lesser prostitute?

I have great admiration for brothers and sisters who become Sikhs from outside sikhi. They embody the spirit of the Khalsa, while so many of us practice punjabism with a claim to a great history that we have shunned. We are in fact shameful walking talking advertisements undermining sikhi, while Khalsa like you bring 1699 to life. It is your duty to make yourself so strong that your faith is unshakeable. You are the pillar for others my dear brother.

Turn your mind to gurbani my dear bro and you will realize you don’t have a job because greater things await you. As a Khalsa your character will be twice as strong, your resolve will be greater, perhaps your destined to be an entrepreneur and eventually hire others. Perhaps the mediocre jobs which you are hoping for now will get passed over so that your calling is still waiting around the corner. The single biggest contributor to every success in my life is the grace, courage, and strength in Sikh identity.

Facing hardship head on brings satisfaction. But succumbing to altering oneself may bring money, yet will kill your spirit. Remember, even people who have jobs, all the money they could wish for and plastic surgery to their hearts content, turn to drugs to kill their pain.

Explore what you lack through gurbani and you will realize that everything you want is in abundance. Only then will you be in a position to obtain not only meaningful work, but riches in your life. Chardi Kala!

Guest forgetfull

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

remember Guru ji

waheguru

you need a job

have faith in waheguru

this is a test of your love

people around you will say cut it

if they themselves dont value it

ask them would they stop being christians to get a job

if they say no then why should you

if they say yes then they were never christians

gods is our only job

everything else is apart of it

focus on waheguru

focus on god

and let waheguru focus on your problems

believe in the power of waheguru

go to the gurudwara

and stand infront of your guru

thats all you need

this world is an allusion

dont cut the only thing that is real in it

waheguru

waheguru

waheguru

waheguru

waheguru

this world is hard

be strong

this is your family

your real family

dont lose your identity

dont turn away from your family

i ask everyone here to support this singh

dont judge him

because god can also put us to the test

and only a handfull will be left

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

Guest --gupt--

Waheguru ji ka khlasa!Waheguru ji ki fateh!

Plz believe in guru ji have faith do as much hard work as u can i.e. inculcate necessary things in u'r personality and do paath & never think of cutting hairs.

If u will have the capabilities i.e. confidence,knowledge regarding the job u'r going for etc then no one can stop u getting a good job.

U should better from inside outer things are not much important for an educated peoples & truth peoples.

Bul chuk mafa!

My hair is not useless.

My hair is a gift, a tool, and a technology bestowed upon by body by the Creator Lord.

Each and every hair on my body has a practical and spiritual function. is like electric wires which vibrate and pick up spiritual energy.

The hair on top of my head protects my skull and brain.

The hair above my eyes prevents sweat and water going into my eyes.

The hair on my body insulates my body, keeping me warm in the cold, and cool in the heat.

My nails r dead material, which are cut to be hygienic, or they would snap off by themselves gradually.

my hair is combed twice daily to remove dead hair to be tidy.

Jab Lag Khalsa Rahe Niara,

Tab Lag Tej Dioon Mein Sara,

Jab Eh Gaye Bipran Ki Reet,

Mein Na Karoon In Ki Parteet

This means as long as the Khalsa follow only one path of the Gurus and follow the teaching of Guru Granth Sahib, Guru Gobind Singh Ji will always be with the Khalsa. But if the Khalsa starts following Bipran Ki Reet then Guru Ji will not help the Khalsa.

What country are you in and what type of job are you looking for?

What happens if you cut your Kesh and still don't get a job? Look, everything comes from Waheguru - jobs, success, everything so ask Him for help. Don't compromise your faith for anything - not even to save your life. For inspiration look at the example of the Sahibzade, whose shaheedi divas just passed.

Keep doing Ardas, make a serious effort to find work and leave the rest to God.