Places Of Worship Becoming Places Of Chat?

gurmzz

Here's another idea:

Do like teachers do in classrooms: Put the entire class on hold until the talkers finish their conversation.

So, take a cordless microphone, and stick in the talkers' faces and invite them to share their convo with the sangat. And path, kirtan, katha will be stopped to listen to them.

seen it last night at Gurdwara, me and my cousin went to go eat langar, and a lady kept looking at us over and over again like she was annoyed at us sitting down, and openly stared at us and was talking to her friend, surly about us.... another time I seen a boy sit down while kirtan and phaat was going on and every 2 minutes start texting, I had to stop him by saying that for one day of the week and for about an hour can you please not use your phone and listen to the shabads of god

OK, that's good. I propose that we start out with a phased, totally peaceful approach:

-First put up signs

-Give out flyers (make up a nice flyer with the Queens pic and ask if you would talk in her darbar)

-Make announcements

-In pairs of two, give helpful, friendly reminders to talkers (bibian for bibian, Singhs for Singhs) while smiling

-Note repeat offenders

-Keep giving reminders

-Note repeat offenders

-Give warnings

-Post pictures of repeat offenders

-Note repeat offenders

-Give more warnings

Lastly: Bring out the ladlian faujan! With spears.

Ahaha This Post is right, post pictures of repeated offenders around the gurdwara lol--that way they will stop

its really sad...I have noticed that in my places of worship people start talking...its even sadder to see that in the gurudwara people talk while akhand paath is taking place, its really sad to see and I don't like going to places of worship anymore its getting very annoying ohmy.gif

VaheGuruJeKaKhalsaVaheGuruJeKeFetah

u gotta remember when Kalyug came to get darshan of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Jee Guru Jee turned him away and Kalyug asked when can i get Darshan of you and Guru Jee replied when the Shabad Guru is being Recited and the sangat it talking u will be present than and u may havemy darshan !!

but i feel what u saying me feel like getting up and say if u want to talk theres a cafe down the rd but my peronal opnion is have a Bibie on the womans side and a Singh on the males anyone talking hit em with a lathee but oviasly this will stop sangat from talking but itmay also may stop them from coming to the gurdwara

But this is what i think when im listoning to Bani and somone is talking:

am i really paying attention to my Guru coz if i was i wouldnt be able to hear anything around me !!!!!!

VaheGuruJeKaKhalsaVaheGuruJeKeFetah