Pay your respects to the Saint Soldiers

Guest rsingh

Guest rsingh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I thought we should use this thread to pay our respects to the Shaheeds.

Not only those who where brutally killed in cold blood in 1984, but also those who gave there lives in the Second World War for us to live today.

Parnaan Shaheeda Nu. May we always remember those who gave there lives for our tomorrow.

BOLEEE SO NIHAAAAL

SAT SIR AKAAAAAL

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

such chardikala singhs who sacrificed there lives for sikhi. they were the shaheeds of the 20th century.

its a shame that media does not portray these singhs as such, instead they were portrayed as vile demons, while indra was "the saviour of india".

its a shame not all of the youth are aware of 1984 (thus shaheedi immortality was out).

let us remember the shaheed singhs that sacrificed there lives for us, let us remember those who would die for the cause of sikhi. let us remember those who were murdered in cold blood for no reason. let us remember the singhs and singhanis who helped liberate europe from hitler.

say, were there any singhs who were on that d-day invasion?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Yes it is that time when every sikh should pay humble respects to the martyrs of panth.

Also it is time when we should look into ourselves and see where we are compared to those shaheeds.We say big things but when it comes to action we dont stand up.

This courage to walk on the path of truth and justice as tought by our Gurus and as exemplified by our Gurus in their own lives, doesnt come by just shouting jakare or khalistan zindabad.It comes by making ourselves strong and true by the power of Bani,bana,rehat,simran and sewa ,then only we can have singhs who are not afraid to give their heads for the couse of justice and truth.

Bhul Chuk maaf

Gurfateh

You know I read these comments with much interest.

My own grandfather fought in N. Africa against Hitler's great Desert Fox (Rommel). I use to think this was something of great honor and bravery. I think my beliefs have changed. A far greater honor is that he took part of in Guru Ka Bagh.

Don't compare the services of the Sikhs of WWII compared to those Shaheeds of '84. My grandfather and those with him were serving a cause that wasn't there own. Like I said, much has been made in my own progression on this. They were serving a ruthless master that could enslave them at home and kill them with ease at Jallianwala Bagh.

The Shaheeds of '84 were of a different calling. They were fighting, not in an "army." They didn't get paid wages. The only comparison is maybe the "Dharmi Faujis" that left their barracks and were captured on route to Punjab. They were fighting for their "dharam." It is a higher calling. No doubt, some joined their movement for selfish reasons and by the end many looteras had infiltrated the movement. Also the movement had suffered from militants losing track of the "higher" cause and becoming entangled in the petty problems of the Panjabi village.

To continue learning, I want to urge all to attend Jakara 2004 this year in Fresno as we "Remember 1984."

email.gif

Guest rsingh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

first of all welcome welcomeani.gif to the forum.

i am not comparing eighther, although they both fought for justice, freedom, and gave us a future. True the circumstances where different, but i feel we need to remember all from World War 2 as well as they did also sacrifice there lives.

we can never compare one sacrifice to another, as we can not begin to compare one batell, war to another as always the circustances are different.

i just belived this would be a good place to pay homage to both in one go.. if i was wrong please forgivr me.

Pull Chuk Maff.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!