rehraas sahib

SSB

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

i wanted to ask this question because i do my paat from a damdami taksal gutka sahib and in their is the full rehraas as in the dasam granth BUT why in the golden temple to they cut out some bani?

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I could be wrong, but I don’t think the Reheraas Sahib contained in Taksali Gutkaas is in Dasam Granth. Besides I think the Reheraas Sahib done in most SGPC controlled Gurdwaras is the Panthic one we find in most Gutkaas. But I guess, the more bani the better for ones jeevan.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

My personal view:

Damdami Taksal was set up by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Himself. So at one point or another, the 'right' Maryada was being followed. I believe that the Maryada which has been passed down from all the way since Shaheed Baba Deep Singh Ji was Jathedar, has been kept the same. Think about it...if all of a sudden one of the Jathedars changed the Sodhar Rehras Sahib, wouldn't it have been a big deal in the Jatha? Wouldn't there be some sort of records written of it in the Taksal history? I don't consider myself a 'Taksali', but i have alot of respect for Taksal, and began doing Sampooran Rehras Sahib about 8 monthes ago, because i felt that Damdami Taksal has kept the Maryada un-changed because, Singhs i have met from Taksal keep very strict Rehat, have extrememly strict discipline when it comes to Gurbani respect, and don't 'cut-corners' when it comes to Rehat.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

“Damdami Taksal was set up by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Himself.  So at one point or another, the 'right' Maryada was being followed. I believe that the Maryada which has been passed down from all the way since Shaheed Baba Deep Singh Ji was Jathedar, has been kept the same.”

Actually Bhai Surry Singh Jee, the present Taksal of Mehta is not the same one that Baba Deep Singh Jee was the Jathadar of. The Taksal of Baba Deep Singh Jee died off with Baba Gurbaksh Singh Jee. Please visit this thread for more information of what I mean:

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=...1035&hl=takshal

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

This is sorta off topic, but yet kind of related, so I'll mention it here

The Rehras Sahib has changed over time... in fact if you look at it carefully, Guru Gobind Singh used to do Rehras as a child... and obvious Chopai sahib and other paths were not included (because they hadn't even been written yet). I don't think we will ever know which one is the "real one", because in all honesty, they probably have ALL been changed to some degree.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Singh47. Please dont make comments like that in the future. Regarding the authenticity of DAMDAMI TAKSAL. You have your own opinions...that's fine. If sharing your opinion has no positive effect, then please keep it to yourself.

I personally am offended by your post. It hurts. I have such respect for DDT and as a child I've idolized the DDT Jathedars. Brahm Giani Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale himself said in his speeches that the DAMDAMI TAKSAL was started by Dhan Dhan Dasmesh Pita SatGuru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj himself, and that the lineage of Jathedars has gone unbroken. I'm sure he knows more than us or anybody who "researches" this topic.

Let's not get into a debate. But i request you, Singh47, please do not make such posts in the future.

I have a benti to the admins: sometimes these kinds of comments and posts offend and hurt some GurSikhs who visit this forum, please ensure that users do not post any false information.

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karo.

tejinder singh

Guest rsingh

apparently acording to akal takath rehraas sahib begins with sordar rag asa mahal pala, and finishes before the pauree. i belive the same is followed.

unfortunatly every group, keeps making there own reht, do this many bani, start here end here. y we cant decide on one is beyond me. even darbar sahib doesnt follow akaal takath reht maryada. they do not say dohra after ardas, they ligh jots, etc. we need one authority, and code of conduct which is decided by everyone and not questioned.

pull chuk maff

Jujharoo, you seem offended at Singh47's comments about the origin of the Taksal, but this is not just his opinion but one that is widely held in Panthic circles.

Just because Baba Jarnail Singh said something doesn't mean it is the ULTIMATE TRUTH and has been written in stone. Only Gurbani can be held up to that level.

Every time there is a debate about some maryada, it is the same old argument:

(1) DDT believes ________ (fill in the blank)

(2) DDT was started by Guru Sahib himself.

(3) Therefore _________ is the truth; end of the story.

Even Baba Sundar Singh Ji or Baba Gurbachan Singh never made such statements when he was working on the Panthic Maryada with other Sikh Scholars in the 1920 and '30. If Jatha Bindran could have proven that only they are following the original Rahit "seena-baseena", I am sure the Panth would have accepted it. But this is far from the truth.

There is no doubt, like other Chardi-Kala organizations, the current day Taksal too is attempting to follow the original Khalsa Rahit, but since there is no ONE document from Guru Sahib's time stating the exact original Rahit, there is no way to prove any one organization follows it exactly.

If one studies the origins of the well known "Giani" semperdais, one can only conclude that there was no single Rahit or school of thought passed on from one teacher to a student. That is why there are virtually hundreds of centres in and around Punjab all claiming to part of the "Giani" semperdais yet they differ in many ways. Their Maryadas vary from Udasi and Nirmala influenced (Baba Bishan Singh /Prem Singh Muraleywale Dera headed by the infamous Bib

i Jagir Kaur of Begowal) to Singh Sabha influenced (Jatha Bhindran Mehta, Jatha Bhindran Bhinder Kala of Baba Mohan Singh Ji).

For example, Giani Sant Singh Ji, referred to as the 6th head of the Taksal, had Kavi Santokh Singh Nirmala (author of Guru Partap Suraj Granth aka Suraj Parkash) as a student, and furthermore his students included Megh Singh and Giani Gian Singh (author of Panth Parkash). Kavi Santokh Singh and Giani Gian Singh's views on RaagMala are are well known and in contrast to those of the present day Taksal, yet they are shown intrinsicly connected to the same Giani school.

Rather than merely relying on schools of thought or teaching, our reasoning should be based on logic using Gurbani and Gurmat. A great example of this is Giani Pinderpal Singh Ji, undoubtedly one of our greatest and youngest Kathakars. His Katha is never based on hearsay, he always back ups his points using Gurbani and historical references.

At the same time with an open mind all these institutions of learning that have tried to preserve Gurmat and the Rahit Maryada should be respected.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh Ji.

Navjot Singh Khalsa Bha Ji,

I didn't mean to imply that EVERYTHING DDT says is correct. I really was hoping it wouldn't get into too much detail.

All I was saying is that people should not post opinions like "DDT is not the same Taksal that SatGuru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj" started. I'm not saying anything about Maryada here and who follows the original Rehit and who doesn't. I have no right to say anything.

Once again, all I wanted to say was...to all people who post on this site. Lets be careful with some of our posts and opinions. Some people may get hurt from what they read.

I have respesct for ALL Jathay in the GURU KHALSA PANTH. Under the SRI AKAL TAKHAT SAHIB. Each GurSikh who has respect for a Jatha should not feel offended when coming to this forum.

bhul chuk maaf

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Jujharoo, you seem offended at Singh47's comments about the origin of the Taksal, but this is not just his opinion but one that is widely held in Panthic circles.

an opinion usually held by haters. and more times than not government bandhay posing to be sikhs.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!