newbie in brampton

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

actually i study in st.john's, newfoundland...... a gurudwara was installed last year..by the sangat.... any wys few days ago Bhai Sahib Bhai Jaspal Singh Ji of LA visited st.john's and did katha kirtan ... it was amazing..... i hope sikh community would grow in newfoundland and soon i will see some chardikala amritdhaari sikhs roaminf on the streets.....

now the main part.... i cae in brampton few days ago.... and i got a 2 month job in an engineering company ...but its far from brampton... its a 2 hr drive north of brampton..... so i want to visit some gurudwara in brampton before going to that place ...i dunno where it is ...hulpp me........... right now i m living nearby Professors Lake area....!!!

WJKK WJKF

FIrst off veerji, welcome to brampton !! Hope you like your stay !! Do also visit many of the other gurdwaras around, like some in mississauga including malton gurughar and Dixie gurughar... which is only a short distance from where you are staying !

Here is a good source:

http://allaboutsikhs.com/gurudwaras/gurud_28e.htm

Also, for sure when you get time to visit sacha sauda, in the plaza on torbram/steeles. Its a great store, wit great sikhi resources including books, cds, tapes, etx....

Hope this helps, anythin else just holla back ............ :wub:

Directions to most the gurdwhara sahibs in brampton made simple

(you'll need a map nonetheless)

take Bovaird to airport rd

Go towards Mayfield and you'll run into a small new Gurdhwara being built.

Go the other way towards Derry and once you notice the change and smell, you'll know your close to Malton.

Now from bovaird go onto Dixie towards Derry and you'll see a white fortress known to many as simply Dixie.

Take Bovaird North towards Caledon and turn right on Goreway and you can find Tapoban.

Dixie and Malton have busses that go straight there.

Programs worth going to...

Malton has Amrit Vela Programs from 4 - 6, where you may get a rare glimpse and be able to do darshan of the ever so wonderful Baba Navjot Singh Ji Khalsa.

Dixie's got Tuesday and Friday night simran from 7-8 on Tuesday (Someone may want to verify this) and Friday from 8-9.

Thats where you'll prob find most youth.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

as i was coming back from mississauga to brampton ..i saw a gurudwara .... i think its Dixie gurudwara cuz its at dixie/derry intersection....

anywys i liked the keertan there and attended rehraas sahib too...it was 5:30 pm around

while i was in langar hall....ppl were talking about some program on shaheeds on sunday...

is there a programme.... where to go... when to go... i want to come toooooooooooo grin.gif

"... and by the way thats my avataar....myself ..lol"