Going To India!

Guest going

do you have a Citi bank card ? or an American Express Card , I think either of these should work . . . If this does not work let me know , I will help you locally .

wahegurji ka khalsa , wahegurji ki fateh

Guest Paapiii

I went to india last year for bout 2 and half months n i learnt a lot. As its been sed before people in india will know your from india due to how u look and when they hear u talk then they will know exactly what country your from lol. I didn't have many problems cuz I didn't wear clothes which will make me stand out which was good. I was at Hazoor Sahib and there was two Nihang Singhs there and we wanted to know something so started talking to them and when he found I was from England he goes give us some money and we'll split two ways. So it goes to show singhs even want money.

I will encourage you to wear bana in india as its easier to wear in india cuz of the weather and gives a nice image of a sikh. You will see not many people wear bana in india and when the see a singh in bana they do appreciate as I found out. wearing it in da airport is not a big deal its just dat what will u feel comfortable in 2 sit in for the long journey.

Der is sangat in india jus need to find da correct place....for Taksal you can go to Gurdarshan Prakash Amritsar and Ajnala Gurdaspur which has a Taksal set up, u culd go 2 jogewal in moga which has a taksal where Baba Baldev Singh Jogewals doin seva, also ders bhindar kalan in Moga where Baba Mohan Singhs doin seva, and ders Boparai kalan in ludhiana where ders a taksal and Giani Bhupinder Singhs doin seva....for Nihang Singhs go 2 Harianvela which baba nihal singhs doin seva and Raqba Ludhiana which is the headquarters of buddha Dal and jathedar baba joginder singhs doin seva and aslo they are both historical gurdware...For AKJ you can go 2 the monthly rehnsbhais at bibeksar sahib which happen at the end of every month...also you can go the trust in amritsar which is the bazaar on the way to ramsar sahib and bibeksar sahib going from harmandir sahib...also you could go to narangwal pind in ludhiana which has smagams and is the ancestoral pind of bhai sahib randheer singh,the pinds by ratoval which has singhs which make really good kirpans...theres many smagams happen soon cuz of hola mohalla and vaisakhi cumin up so ders a lot places to visit. Ders also Nanaksar Jagraon Kaleran and Rara Sahib... also Sant Garh Harkowal in Hoshiarpur and Rampur Khera Hoshiarpur amongst many othhers.

Thanks for the replys everyone! Really helped.

But more info on wearing Bana please. Would it be ok to wear one in both airports? and what should i do with my Kirapn? am i allowed to wear a smaller one on the airplane?

why are you questioning wearing bana ? it is normal in INDIA

all wear bana i have seen so many times sikhs in bana at delhi airport

but i think they do'nt allow any weapon in airplane

1) Is it ok to tell Singhs in India im from england?? My mum seems to think they're dogey and will abduct me or summin lol

neva heard a sikh being abducted so no chance !

2) is it ok to wear to Bana while in the airport in both england & indiaa?#

yupp

3) is it ok to walk around india in Bana?

Yupp

4) is it ok to wear 5 Shaster in ur Dhumalla (or around ur neck) while in airport?

dunno know

5) Dass wants to meet loads of Gursikhs, i will be going to Harianwela - Nihang Singhs, Damdami Taksal - Taksali's, anybody know of any AKJ populated places?

Visit Delhi's Historical Gurudwaras ! pm me for info

or i may go with you

!