Going To India!

Guest going

Vaheuguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

Dass will be going to india first time as a Gursikh and there are a few questions that i really need answering!!

1) Is it ok to tell Singhs in India im from england?? My mum seems to think they're dogey and will abduct me or summin lol

2) is it ok to wear to Bana while in the airport in both england & indiaa?#

3) is it ok to walk around india in Bana?

4) is it ok to wear 5 Shaster in ur Dhumalla (or around ur neck) while in airport?

5) Dass wants to meet loads of Gursikhs, i will be going to Harianwela - Nihang Singhs, Damdami Taksal - Taksali's, anybody know of any AKJ populated places?

Thank u!

1) Is it ok to tell Singhs in India im from england?? My mum seems to think they're dogey and will abduct me or summin lol

It all depends on your age. Do not trust anyone even the one that looks religious who wears bana and stuff.. When i went to punjab first time after 7 years, i was shocked to see the attitudes of the ppl. Few things i learned "Just because other looks like Sikh, do not think that he will treat like your brother." When i was punjab, i was only doing shopping in sardars shop because of me being narrow minded person but i learned they will rip u off the same as other hindu shopkeeper. I would recommend you never show money to anyone, always carry light cash (keep small notes for mode of transportation). I would recommend you to keep someone with you from your native place (like ur cousin in india etc)

2) is it ok to wear to Bana while in the airport in both england & indiaa?

Yes.. it is all fine unless you are wanted by law :p Usually it is fine.

3) is it ok to walk around india in Bana?

Yes.. its safe and normal ppl fear bana wala person ;) but i would encourage you to wear normal dress just to be one of them.. Plain kurta pajama, jeans etc is perfect.

4) is it ok to wear 5 Shaster in ur Dhumalla (or around ur neck) while in airport?

Will you be able to board plane from uk? If yes, then i don't see any problem to wear the same dress while in delhi.. Though i would not recommend doing that.

5) Dass wants to meet loads of Gursikhs, i will be going to Harianwela - Nihang Singhs, Damdami Taksal - Taksali's, anybody know of any AKJ populated places?

AKJ doesn't have any place as everyone is pretty much on their own. If you wanna see them then you have to see if any of their raenshabi are coming up.. or maybe go and visit Bhai Randhir Singh Trust in Ludhiana (they have small museum up there etc..)

As per my view, india is not that bad place as most of us think of.. It maybe tougher for sikhs living inside india as they have to deal with problems but if we looking as tourist perspective, i think its easy place to be in if you know how to deal/bargain with indians.

and be alert while travelling in auto-rickshaws/taxis , else they will rip you off ! ! pay only as per meter , make sure they have a meter card before you make your travel.

wahegurji ka khalsa ,wahegurji ki fateh !

yh if you tell them you are from england that will rip you off big time! everyone thinks over there that people from england are rich!

If you wear a Bana in england airport they will just think your from india lol, and people in india dont realise! they will just say he is religious!

First check, about the 5 shaster. because once you go threw the scan, and you beep then say bye bye to shaster! becasuse they wont let you put it in your handbag. so they will take them:@

It also depends on your flight aswell, as in air india you will just fit in, and you will need to ask about shaster!

IF ONLY WE HAD OUR OWN FLIGHT!! HEHE

HAVE A GOOD TRIP!

WAHEGURUJIKAKHALSAWAHEGURUJIKIFATEH!!

dont know about pinds but in cities no need to tell them where you are from. though i doubt someone will ask you since they'll probably figure out you are from england from your punjabi accent.... btw make sure you always go shopping with one of your relatives who is from the area and knows the local rates....

punjab has changed alot. other than shopkeepers and rickshaw wale trying to rip you off, no one really cares anymore if you are from overseas or not since they always seem to know more people from your homecountry than you do :lol:

Sorry for that quesion here, but does somebody know how to book indian trains from europe here via visa card?

You can book train tickets online at Indian Railways official booking website http://www.irctc.co.in/ You need to register on this website and then proceed to payment via Credit Card , Credit Card needs to be verified by Visa / Master Card . Choose the option of "e-ticket" , after ticket conformation you can print the ticket .

But keep in mind , trains in North India mostly travel late , so plan you schedule accordingly ! !

You may also book tickets from Local Travel Agents. They charge us ( Indians ) 2% extra for Card payments , they might make you'll (NRIs) shell out 5% more for Card Payment ! !

Wahegurji ka Khalsa ,Wahegurji ki Fateh

Sorry for that quesion here, but does somebody know how to book indian trains from europe here via visa card?

You can book train tickets online at Indian Railways official booking website http://www.irctc.co.in/ You need to register on this website and then proceed to payment via Credit Card , Credit Card needs to be verified by Visa / Master Card . Choose the option of "e-ticket" , after ticket conformation you can print the ticket .

But keep in mind , trains in North India mostly travel late , so plan you schedule accordingly ! !

You may also book tickets from Local Travel Agents. They charge us ( Indians ) 2% extra for Card payments , they might make you'll (NRIs) shell out 5% more for Card Payment ! !

Wahegurji ka Khalsa ,Wahegurji ki Fateh

You know there are so many payment options, but nobody has far as i could see accepted my visa card. I don't know which bank i should take