Sikhs Beheaded By Taliban.

lathpan

Oh dear I seem to have rattled you cage somewhat. I suppose someone like you sitting in the west would find it easy giving sanctimonious advice to these Sikhs to stay, well it's their funeral and not yours. It's easy to be an armchair warrior and ask these Sikhs to stay put in their area while the situation deterioates. These Sikhs are traders and small businessmen who do not have the 'warrior spirit' which some Sikhs such as yourself seem to possess in West London. With the situation worsening by the day and the Taliban having got a taste for kidnappsing these Sikhs, its only a matter of time until more of these incidents take place. What will a soorma like you then advise?

I am surprised that you believe everything that the Pakistani media says about these Sikhs. The exact opposite was stated by a cousin of the Shaheed Singh to the Indian media. He stated that Sikhs of that area want to leave and come to India. Apparently in Amritsar at present there a quite a few Sikhs from that area who are refugees from Pakistan. You obviously have little idea of who the Taliban is in these areas. They are not all Afghanis, most are locals hence the name Pakistani Taliban. These people are from the same areas as the Sikhs that they are kidnapping and the so-called paktunwali code conveniently means zilch to them when there's easy money to be made. As for the background of these Sikhs, if you believe they are Pathans then you are more ignorant than I thought. They are descendents of Sikhs who left the Potohar area during the invasions of Ahmed Shah Abdali and they are as Punjabi as you and me. The reason for suggesting that these Sikhs migrate to safe areas such as Nankana Sahib or Rori Sahib is that Gurdwaras played a great role when the Sikhs of swat had to leave that area. Had it not been for Gurdwara Panja Sahib these Sikh refugees would have been in a much worse condition in Government refugee camps as the rest of the population were. Gurdwaras have the land and they need a local community to maintain the Gurdwara as well as keep up the maryada. I don't know what your problem, maybe in your macho world Sikhs don't leave an area and fight to the last man, well as long as the last isn't you then I suppose you're fine with that!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've grown soft sitting on your comfy sofa from DFS. Is this what sums up the Sikhs of today ??? "things are getting hot......quick...lets RUN!!!!!!!"

Unfortunately, it does appear to be the case. We haven't had any real struggle for a long time, and that makes people go soft. There were many brave Singhs in the '80s but most of them were killed off over the years.

Whether they are traders or not is immaterial. Guru Ji taught us to fight and die for our rights, not run away from bullies, which is what the Taliban are.

You've grown soft sitting on your comfy sofa from DFS. Is this what sums up the Sikhs of today ??? "things are getting hot......quick...lets RUN!!!!!!!"

Unfortunately, it does appear to be the case. We haven't had any real struggle for a long time, and that makes people go soft. There were many brave Singhs in the '80s but most of them were killed off over the years.

Whether they are traders or not is immaterial. Guru Ji taught us to fight and die for our rights, not run away from bullies, which is what the Taliban are.

What i would like to say is this,

With good comes evil. Singhs are good and the Taliban is bad, good always wins over the bad therefore Singhs will win, in due course.

There are brave Singhs around, but do you really think they are going to sit and discuss their tactics/kamai on an internet forum? No, they will/ are preparing and some even ready but they're not going to broadcast everything/their ideas to the world. Shahadath doesnt come without Abaadath. Naam simran/kamai first and everything will work out itself. They will know who they are. People like us just discuss on forums and hold meetings, a few weeks go by and everything goes back to normal again.

I can understand what you're saying, but think in high spirits, martial race is in our bloods, we cant just go soft just like that. Have faith and that's half the job done, only the practical part left.

My question is, what would happen if it was the other way round, what if Sikhs chopped off heads of muslims and dumped them in a mosque? What would the muslims do then?